Disappearance of the medallion-presentation reception

AV8rix

23 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I believe this (lunch in the MDR on embarkation) is totally different than the Mariners Lunch. The later is usually accompanied by tiles, speeches and wine.

Holland is calling the lunch in the dining room on embarkation day

Mariner's lunch. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland is calling the lunch in the dining room on embarkation day

Mariner's lunch. 

Holland America has a bad habit of using the same term for two different things. 
Often it's necessary to determine what someone is talking about from the entire context of the post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I checked our file of paperwork from our Zaandam back to back cruise on August 27, 2022. As four star mariners, we were invited to "an exclusive reception for our 3- star, 4-star, 5- star and President's Club members" from 3 to 4 PM on both embarkation days, Crow's Nest, Deck 9, no invitation to a medallion reception or any other mariner events.

Our tiles were left mid-cruise on our bed with a note from the mariner society on both legs of the cruise.

The dining room was listed as open on both embarkation days from noon to 1 PM, we did not eat there.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, albingirl said:

We are always seated with people who ask inane questions. 

We prefer to sit at our own table for two so we are the ones rushing in to grab a table for two at the Mariners Lunch to avoid sitting with others....LOL....We've also been known to ask our MDR waiter if he is working the lunch and to save us a table for two....LOL.

I previously posted this:

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to receive my 4 star Mariner pin earned on a cruise in April 2022. Since nothing was said onboard in April, I thought surely I'd receive it on the subsequent cruise in June. Nope. So I emailed Mariner Society and asked. On July 21, they wrote, "We have placed a pin in the mail for you. You should receive it within the next 4-6 weeks."  My home address was confirmed.

As of today October 1, nothing has come. It's been 10 weeks.

Here's the update.

I emailed Mariner Society again, and let them know the pin hadn't come. 

Their response: 

"Thank you for your continued correspondence with Holland America Line concerning your missing loyalty pins. Unfortunately, we are unable to postal mail the missing 4-Star pin. You will need to request your missing 4-Star pin the next time you are onboard ship. 

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!"

Very cheerful, I thought. Unfortunately  it will be a very long time before I can afford to cruise again. 

But it begs the question: if the pins are onboard, why didn't I receive one, either during the April cruise, or in June ?   🙂 

29 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

I previously posted this:

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to receive my 4 star Mariner pin earned on a cruise in April 2022. Since nothing was said onboard in April, I thought surely I'd receive it on the subsequent cruise in June. Nope. So I emailed Mariner Society and asked. On July 21, they wrote, "We have placed a pin in the mail for you. You should receive it within the next 4-6 weeks."  My home address was confirmed.

As of today October 1, nothing has come. It's been 10 weeks.

Here's the update.

I emailed Mariner Society again, and let them know the pin hadn't come. 

Their response: 

"Thank you for your continued correspondence with Holland America Line concerning your missing loyalty pins. Unfortunately, we are unable to postal mail the missing 4-Star pin. You will need to request your missing 4-Star pin the next time you are onboard ship. 

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!"

Very cheerful, I thought. Unfortunately  it will be a very long time before I can afford to cruise again. 

But it begs the question: if the pins are onboard, why didn't I receive one, either during the April cruise, or in June ?   🙂 

Exactly.  Right hand meet left.  Anything to get rid of a person.  You should have asked them for one of those free cruises they are handling out like candy to a select few so you could pick up your pin in person.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Haha 1