Can Classic Package be changed to Premium NON-Alcoholic Package?

brillohead

I'm a Royal Caribbean regular who is booked on Celebrity for the first time in twenty years, and I'm hoping you folks can give me some Celebrity info.  

I'm currently booked with the "free" Classic Package, but I don't really drink booze.  Will they allow me to switch it to the (much cheaper) Premium Non-Alcoholic Package at no cost?  Then I could at least get frozen mocktails or smoothies, which I actually would drink on occasion.

Or would a virgin margarita or daiquiri or smoothie or whatever be under the $9 limit of the Classic Package and therefore included automatically without me having to switch to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package?  

Also smoothies are not what I and many expect.  They are generally offered in the Spa Cafe and and not the icy kind I would have expected.   They are generally mixtures of seeds and kale etc.   I believe you can ask them to add ice to them.  

As other said you and get many icy slushy smoothies as a mocktail  just tell the bar tender you wish.

• Like 1

The included classic alcohol absolutely can be changed to premium non-alcohol and at zero charge.  Much better "unleaded" choices and all the cappuccinos and specialty teas/coffees you can drink!  Plus, premium bottle water - my preference is Perrier served in a wine glass.  Oh, Coke Zero too!!  Vitamin water.....and unleaded bevvies from Crush.
I do this all the time for myself and upgrade my husband's to premium alcohol.

Edited by Ellesor826
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

The included classic alcohol absolutely can be changed to premium non-alcohol and at zero charge.  Much better "unleaded" choices and all the cappuccinos and specialty teas/coffees you can drink!  Plus, premium bottle water - my preference is Perrier served in a wine glass.  Oh, Coke Zero too!!  Vitamin water.....and unleaded bevvies from Crush.

Thanks.... the CSR that I got appeared to be less than knowledgeable (shocking, I know!).  I'll try calling back and hopefully get someone else.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

CSR that I got appeared to be less than knowledgeable

I had that happen a few weeks ago - I explained I did this ALL THE TIME - the upped it to their superior - viola!  Done.
Lotsa new personnel....just rolling with it.
Good luck and enjoy.

• Like 1

I thought coke zero, water, etc, and specialty coffees were included in the classic package.  I've seen it mentioned in several threads.  Is that wrong?  Also, mocktails.

I guess I'm asking is there something in the premium non alcoholic package not covered in the classic alcohol package?  Like the OP, we don't really drink ,but I was under the impression it included everything except the sparkling waters?

Edited by kywildcatfanone

4 hours ago, Ellesor826 said:

Can I wait and do this on board and if so who would I ask to handle this? Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Can I wait and do this on board and if so who would I ask to handle this? Thanks!!

I’ve never tried on board.  I’ve always done it pre cruise.  
Call Celebrity Enhancements.  They should be able to help you.  

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I thought coke zero, water, etc, and specialty coffees were included in the classic package.  I've seen it mentioned in several threads.  Is that wrong?  Also, mocktails.

I guess I'm asking is there something in the premium non alcoholic package not covered in the classic alcohol package?  Like the OP, we don't really drink ,but I was under the impression it included everything except the sparkling waters?

Yes it gets you some extras….

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/cruise-activities/Art/non-alcoholic-packages

BAEFBEAC-F506-4E2C-AEC5-4E888BB3124B.thumb.jpeg.ba8fbea12f5166562c3c844ee26011cf.jpeg

31 minutes ago, IslaSarah said:

Mocktails would be non-alcoholic non-frozen drinks, like a virgin cocktail.

I meant in terms of which packages you could get them?  I was under the impression that the classic alcohol package included all drinks under $9, and I would assume non alcoholic frozen drinks are under $9.  Can someone clarify?  I would want to change it if that isn't true. 

I was under the impressing that the classic alcohol package included soft drinks (fountain or can), bottled regular water, and non alcoholic frozen drinks. 

38 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I meant in terms of which packages you could get them?  I was under the impression that the classic alcohol package included all drinks under $9, and I would assume non alcoholic frozen drinks are under $9.  Can someone clarify?  I would want to change it if that isn't true. 

I was under the impressing that the classic alcohol package included soft drinks (fountain or can), bottled regular water, and non alcoholic frozen drinks. 

Yes classic alcohol package will include soft drinks, regular bottled water, and non-alcoholic frozen drinks like piña coladas, daiquiris. 

• Thanks 1