Bermuda Testing Discontinued

mfs2k

5 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I think the point was that the website still says testing required, period. It should be updated to reflect 10/25...

Today's email from Celebrity states we still need to test for the Beyond's 10/26 sailing. 

Screenshot_20221001-064206.png

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Today's email from Celebrity states we still need to test for the Beyond's 10/26 sailing. 

Screenshot_20221001-064206.png

Oh, no, seriously!!??  Say it ain't so!  I'm on that cruise as well.  Interesting, maybe will still change.....

10 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

The emails were auto generated before the latest changes, apparently. 

This ^............ it happened on all NCL sailings also. Apparently there were auto emails set up and not cancelled. The auto emails were sent and then a second email followed a day later with the new protocols. Sit tight. I expect the email you received was in error. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree - these emails were probably set up to be sent out on October 1 as a reminder.  I got the same email this morning.  Likewise, on Bermuda site there is a sentence at the very top saying NO TESTING needed if entering Bermuda via cruise after Oct. 25.  So, I paid $40 each for my wife and I and even though the top of the website indicates no testing AFTER Oct. 25 our receipt reminds us that a test IS needed 2 days before we embark.  So, I hope Celebrity sends another email saying not needed AND hoping that when we get a Travel Authorization approved it also states NO TEST after Oct. 25.  I think all of this is just timing - but one can get frustrated.  Funny, that those of us on CC research and fine our answers before we find out from Celebrity.  HOPING Celebrity removes the testing requirement on their website.  As soon as they do, surely someone on CC will alert us all.  Wishing us all smooth sailing on the BEYOND on October 26.

• Like 1

Bermuda testing requirements are being eliminated effective October 25 but Celebrity hasn't updated their website yet to reflect this change.

Celebrity Summit departs Boston on October 15 and arrives in Bermuda on October 17.  This is the last Celebrity sailing scheduled to go to Bermuda which requires testing. 

I predict Celebrity will wait until after October 17 before changing their website and rules, to prevent confusion among Summit passengers.  That will give 9 days (plenty of time) for Celebrity Beyond passengers leaving for Bermuda from Port Liberty, NJ on 10/26 to cancel their testing appointments.  

• Like 2

Follow up to Bermuda no longer requiring covid tests.  Since we got an email the same day Bermuda relaxed their protocols, I as others assumed that Celebrity had not yet heard of the change which we saw on Bermuda website.  Our email said covid tests required to embark for Bermuda.  I waited a few days and this morning tried to call - was on hold over 20 minutes, so I took advantage of online chat with rep rather than speaking on phone.  I explained I totally understand that Bermuda is still requiring $40 per person fee and an upload of proof of vaccination, but NO longer need to be tested.   I explained I got this email from Celebrity saying we needed testing.  Rep was abrupt and said it does not matter what Bermuda says - they do not tell us what to do - we are still requiring testing.  At that point I said not true - you required testing ONLY because Bermuda would not allow entrance even on board ship if not tested.  All other cruises from Celebrity said 9 days or less no covid test needed.   He argued and said - we are requiring testing - I said can you check with your supervisor?  He said we are told to tell you exactly what is on our website and the website says testing required 2 days prior for Bermuda - so that is what you must do.  So, I guess now we wait to see IF Celebrity will change their protocols for Bermuda and post on website.  It would be interesting to see if anyone else would call or chat to see what type of answer you get.  I still hope they make the change, and just did not yet update the website.  And hopefully, anyone on Beyond cruise on the 26th should get a new email with clarification.  If anyone else calls or chats - please share the response you got.  I almost begged him to go to his supervisor to see if there is a possible change in the wind - and he said we are told ONLY to say what is on the website.   So I guess we wait to see what happens.  A little frustrated.

mfs2k

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Treacher1 said:

Follow up to Bermuda no longer requiring covid tests.  Since we got an email the same day Bermuda relaxed their protocols, I as others assumed that Celebrity had not yet heard of the change which we saw on Bermuda website.  Our email said covid tests required to embark for Bermuda.  I waited a few days and this morning tried to call - was on hold over 20 minutes, so I took advantage of online chat with rep rather than speaking on phone.  I explained I totally understand that Bermuda is still requiring $40 per person fee and an upload of proof of vaccination, but NO longer need to be tested.   I explained I got this email from Celebrity saying we needed testing.  Rep was abrupt and said it does not matter what Bermuda says - they do not tell us what to do - we are still requiring testing.  At that point I said not true - you required testing ONLY because Bermuda would not allow entrance even on board ship if not tested.  All other cruises from Celebrity said 9 days or less no covid test needed.   He argued and said - we are requiring testing - I said can you check with your supervisor?  He said we are told to tell you exactly what is on our website and the website says testing required 2 days prior for Bermuda - so that is what you must do.  So, I guess now we wait to see IF Celebrity will change their protocols for Bermuda and post on website.  It would be interesting to see if anyone else would call or chat to see what type of answer you get.  I still hope they make the change, and just did not yet update the website.  And hopefully, anyone on Beyond cruise on the 26th should get a new email with clarification.  If anyone else calls or chats - please share the response you got.  I almost begged him to go to his supervisor to see if there is a possible change in the wind - and he said we are told ONLY to say what is on the website.   So I guess we wait to see what happens.  A little frustrated.

mfs2k

•  

If there was an official change it would be communicated on their website.

On 9/29/2022 at 3:58 PM, LuAnn said:

Too bad they waited until now to make the change. All the T/As that were to stop there dropped it as a port because of the testing requirement. Lots of people on our R/C not happy with the change..others were as they preferred Lisbon which is what we ended up with. 

Somebody in Bermuda did a cost/benefit analysis and had an Eureka! moment. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

So, I guess now we wait to see IF Celebrity will change their protocols for Bermuda and post on website.

You have to wait until Celebrity changes its website. The call center people are bascily human robots who read from a script on their computer screen. It is a waste of time to call them or argue  on this matter. Bermuda made their changes late last week and the Celebrity certainly sends those changes to their legal department. There is always going to be a lag before the website is changed and phone reps updated. 

• Like 3

New policy announced October 10. 
Celebrity has finally caught up to the previously announced policy by Bermuda. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

Bermuda Travel Requirements 
as of October 10, 2022

Travel requirements vary by homeport country. Be sure you’re aware of both homeport country and Celebrity Cruises vaccine and testing requirements as they may differ. We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

For more details on Bermuda’s requirements, please visit their dedicated website here.

testing-and-screening-100x100.png
Health Protocols and Requirements

Cruises Up to and Including October 24, 2022

Bermuda will require all guests to complete an online Travel Authorization form, upload their negative test results, and pay an associated fee directly through Bermuda’s dedicated website located here. A receipt of this form, digital or paper copy will need to be presented at check-in in order to board the ship. This form is available beginning 30 days prior to sailing and all guests must present their approved authorization form in order to board their sailing.

Cruises Departing October 25, 2022 and After

Bermuda will require all guests to complete an online Travel Authorization form and pay an associated fee directly through Bermuda’s dedicated website located here. A receipt of this form, digital or paper copy will need to be presented at check-in in order to board the ship. This form is available beginning 30 days prior to sailing and all guests must present their approved authorization form in order to board their sailing.

Unvaccinated non-resident travelers will be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda.

Vaccine Policy to Sail

Beginning with sailings embarking on September 5, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise as long as they meet testing requirements to board. While vaccinations are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises, they are highly recommended.

COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended.

While vaccinations are not required to cruise, guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose-series (such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).  

Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) OR by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca/Covishield, Sinovac, Sinopharm or Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. 

The government of Bermuda doesn’t recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. Guests whose vaccination consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore.

Sailing Testing Requirements 

Cruises Up to and Including October 24, 2022

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.

Up-to-Date* Guests and Fully Vaccinated** but not Up-to-Date Guests: Must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing or negative PCR test result taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.

Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.

Cruises Departing October 25, 2022 and After

Vaccinated guests will not be asked to test prior to cruising.

Unvaccinated Guests 5 and over: Must present a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing to board. Tests can be self-test.

Debark/Re-Entry

No Debark testing is required.

Pre-Cruise Test Kit Resources for U.S. and UK Guests

Celebrity Cruises has also worked with its trusted vendors to make options for procuring monitored/proctored test kits available to you. We strongly recommend ordering test kits at least 7 days in advance of your sailing. These tests allow you to complete your pre-cruise test at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide.

• U.S. Guests can purchase Abbott BinaxNOW test kits here.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

So now it's the $40.00 per-person "EXTORTION FEE" which is singularly protecting Bermudans from Covid? 😉

While I am not ecstatic to pay $80 for this fee, I basically consider it another port charge.  This is not applicable only to cruise passengers, but to EVERYONE entering Bermuda, by ship or air.  Even Bermuda residents who have left the country, whether for pleasure or work, are required to pay this fee . . . every time they leave and return to the island.

Personally, we plan to get off and enjoy a nice lunch in Hamilton. . . providing some added income to the restaurant owner who did not have tourist/visitor business for a very long time.  Yes, I realize the government will benefit from our limited spending in the island, but so will a few locals.

I also recognize that we are all entitled to our own perceptions and reaction / response to the situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

While I am not ecstatic to pay $80 for this fee, I basically consider it another port charge.  This is not applicable only to cruise passengers, but to EVERYONE entering Bermuda, by ship or air.  Even Bermuda residents who have left the country, whether for pleasure or work, are required to pay this fee . . . every time they leave and return to the island.

Personally, we plan to get off and enjoy a nice lunch in Hamilton. . . providing some added income to the restaurant owner who did not have tourist/visitor business for a very long time.  Yes, I realize the government will benefit from our limited spending in the island, but so will a few locals.

I also recognize that we are all entitled to our own perceptions and reaction / response to the situation.

I support this position. 
while obviously I would prefer to not pay the $80 I recognize how Covid has been a financial burden to this small country of 60,000 residents. I’m ok paying the fee which is like a port charge. I also understand the fee is likely going away before the end of the year so that’s good for future passengers going to Bermuda. 

• Like 2

Hopefully Bermuda won't drag it's feet on updating it's website for the 10/26 Beyond cruise. I've applied and paid for the BTA about a week ago and obviously at that point it was pending an upload of test results. Without the need for it on our cruise I hope applying for the BTA earlier with the previous requirements won't cause too much confusion on Bermuda's end in approving and sending out the authorization. 

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Hopefully Bermuda won't drag it's feet on updating it's website for the 10/26 Beyond cruise. I've applied and paid for the BTA about a week ago and obviously at that point it was pending an upload of test results. Without the need for it on our cruise I hope applying for the BTA earlier with the previous requirements won't cause too much confusion on Bermuda's end in approving and sending out the authorization. 

When I did it a few days ago the site specifically said tests weren’t required for vaccinated passengers after 10/25.