Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And we are almost docked.

What’s Strange, we are docking on the port side of the ship and not the starboard side.  We’ve been here almost 10 times and never docked like this here before. Most of those times I’ve been on Oasis Class ships and once on Indy.  

Unique, and pretty cool, for us at least. 

877315EA-456A-4CE8-A679-DF670F18EB15.thumb.jpeg.ff418fe13eecfd005e113a059173e77d.jpeg

6CE41392-C9E6-43F3-9998-43065AE59E3D.thumb.jpeg.ec5b522b10ccfa60df43c775f340b9c5.jpeg

0645D95D-5418-45D3-9A34-C24A0712D8C8.thumb.jpeg.2ae336a7cb7a8bb07021c6fc97acf8a0.jpeg

BC2EAE7C-ACD9-45A7-A189-B5F73A74223D.thumb.jpeg.48e3d1dcefb3445e1de6639d3ee7993d.jpeg

One thing I have noticed is the ships always pull into the dock there.  

So the ship is on the right side of the dock as it pulls in.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was going to do a time lapse but there was nothing firm to stick the camera to. I have already lost one GoPro to the Caribbean Sea so I wasn’t going to sacrifice another. 

Boy do I understand that. I ordered a new double magnetic mount. I'm hoping it will work better on a ships balcony.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Docking this way gives the opportunity for great bollard and rope shots, without being whistled at.

Those that know, know.

@Sea Dog @Ocean Boy

You even walk under the ropes. 

EC5A7027-5072-4F2D-B4E5-D9BD1C94DAB9.thumb.jpeg.82cdeda01e9759b7015c6987bc9669df.jpeg

Extra points for being under. Great shots and I love the sunset shots.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those that have not followed us before on reviews, Allie is our daughter who passed at 2 years of age from health issues she was born with.  This was one of three song played at her funeral.  

She often visits us in different ways, and she is with us today. ❤️

I don't think I knew that. That is heartbreaking. Sounds like her memory is still deep in your heart and you are reminded of her in a good way. That is special.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Boy do I understand that. I ordered a new double magnetic mount. I'm hoping it will work better on a ships balcony.

I might have to break down and get one. I’d like to have one that also turns like a timer clock.  It would be great to be able to get a slow-mo of a horizon shot. 

Extra points for being under. Great shots and I love the sunset shots.

It someone how worked out. 

I don't think I knew that. That is heartbreaking. Sounds like her memory is still deep in your heart and you are reminded of her in a good way. That is special.

Thanks Greg. She appears in multiple ways in different forms.  In song, butterflies, and found 10 cent dimes. They all somehow find us at the right moment. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@A&L_Ont

Love your pictures as well as the updates!

What is this "ring" Lisa floated in?

Did not see them in August.

Thanks

Be safe

They are a floating ring with a mesh inside to rest on. They even have cup holders. They are tethered down as well.

image.thumb.jpg.3fbd80084912676e40c9aba96d35d8ad.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner was really good at Jamie’s, especially when it is Italian food modelled by an Englishman. 

That explains this photo. A true Italian food fan will understand the problem with this table setting when soup is not being served. Anyone see the issue? @Ocean Boy will spot it in seconds. 

DDBC3B53-6C2E-4599-A8C3-6878AF87CBEA.thumb.jpeg.2a044ecfaf8614bf107aa4650186d72d.jpeg

I'll tell you the first thing I noticed is those utensils are laying right on the table top. That is a big no no in my book. I have seen how tables are wiped down. Everything I use gets placed on a napkin.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll tell you the first thing I noticed is those utensils are laying right on the table top. That is a big no no in my book. I have seen how tables are wiped down. Everything I use gets placed on a napkin.

All correct.

I though you’d go with the more obvious one for the Italian heritage… a spoon for pasta? 🤯

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That explains this photo. A true Italian food fan will understand the problem with this table setting when soup is not being served. Anyone see the issue? @Ocean Boy will spot it in seconds. 

Italians don’t use a spoon to help twirl their pasta.

Oops, I see you responded.

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our Allie just made a visit in spirit to us. We have Spotify on and “Somewhere over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole just came on.

For those that have not followed us before on reviews, Allie is our daughter who passed at 2 years of age from health issues she was born with.  This was one of three song played at her funeral.  

She often visits us in different ways, and she is with us today. ❤️

I have no doubt she watches over you and visits. People just need to be open to the signs. So cool that you all had the chance to cruise as a family before it was time for her to move on.😑 I'm sure she is pretty impressed with her brother.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We wondered the same thing.

Maybe at the straw market looking for my carving?

At Labadee my mom once had a straw hat stollen from a chair while she was taking a walk. She was a bit upset as she used it to help protect her from the sun. I told her I'm sure some kid is up at the market right now telling someone how his grandmother made it from hand. We both had a good laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

All correct.

I though you’d go with the more obvious one for the Italian heritage… a spoon for pasta? 🤯

But Italians get some spaghetti on the fork then use the spoon instead of the bottom of the plate to help wind it onto the fork. So the spoon made perfect sense to me.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1