Free pre or post shore excursions on some 2023 bookings

roberts2005

Saw a post on another travel site.  Not sure I could mention it so I cut out part of their story.  Tried to find a link on Oceania.  Has anyone seen a full list.  Here is a partial example.

• A three-night "India's Crown Jewel" tour that visits Delhi as well as the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and the tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah in Agra, India. It's available for free as a pre- or post-cruise add-on to an 18-night voyage from Cape Town, South Africa, to Mumbai, India, starting on Jan. 18, 2023, and a 14-night voyage from Mumbai to Bangkok, Thailand, starting on Feb. 5, 2023. The sailings are on Oceania's 684-passenger Nautica.
  • A three-night tour to the temple complexes of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom in Cambodia. It's available as a free pre- or post-cruise add-on to a 14-night voyage from Mumbai to Bangkok starting on Feb. 5, 2023, and on a 10-night voyage from Bangkok to Singapore starting on Feb. 19, 2023. The sailings are also on Nautica.
  • A three-night "Glimpse of Arabia" tour that visits multiple sites in the United Arab Emirates including the waterfront Museum of Islamic Civilization in Sharjah, the Grand Mosque and the Louvre Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi. It's available as a free post-cruise add-on to a 21-night voyage from Cape Town to Dubai scheduled for April 5, 2023. The sailing is on Oceania's 684-passenger Insignia.

Hardly free. Oceania has done this in the past in lieu of cutting prices on hard to sell cruises. 

We took advantage of the Angkor Wat deal in 2017. Probably what pulled us in. Without it the cruise would have been overpriced and we probably wouldn’t have considered it. Good marketing on Oceania’s part.We never considered it free however.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

Just out of curiosity, how far in advance of final payment are these pre/post land options available for purchase?  We're debating DIY vs Oceania and price/details are needed to make our decision.

Just  check the cruise  on O website  they probably are shown months in advance  depending on the cruise

I see some on 2024 cruises

Thanks!  I'll hold my horses for now.  With someone having a coronation next year in London 😉, I'm anticipating that plans could get upended so I'm hoping they announce the date of said coronation shortly.  Makes planning a little easier then.

13 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

Thanks!  I'll hold my horses for now.  With someone having a coronation next year in London 😉, I'm anticipating that plans could get upended so I'm hoping they announce the date of said coronation shortly.  Makes planning a little easier then.

Rumour  has June 3rd 2023 

• Like 1

Looks like there IS a Special Offer now :

LIMITED TIME FREE 2023 LAND PROGRAMS

Delve deeper into the world's most exotic destinations and treasured wonders with a Free Land Program adventure. For a limited time, enjoy the immersive experience of a meticulously designed Land Program for no additional cost on select 2023 voyages.

15 cruises match this offer.  I'm looking at one in May with free pre cruise land program for Singapore or optionally post cruise Hong Kong.

Deb

2 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Looks like there IS a Special Offer now :

LIMITED TIME FREE 2023 LAND PROGRAMS

Delve deeper into the world's most exotic destinations and treasured wonders with a Free Land Program adventure. For a limited time, enjoy the immersive experience of a meticulously designed Land Program for no additional cost on select 2023 voyages.

15 cruises match this offer.  I'm looking at one in May with free pre cruise land program for Singapore or optionally post cruise Hong Kong.

Deb

Thanks  for the info

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/land-programs/

pinotlover, Did you like the Angkor Wat deal when you did it?  The private tour we are looking at costs about the same (yes neither option is "free") but spends more time looking at temples and less eating and visiting shops.  It would be easier and as you said make the cost less annoying.

3 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

pinotlover, Did you like the Angkor Wat deal when you did it?  The private tour we are looking at costs about the same (yes neither option is "free") but spends more time looking at temples and less eating and visiting shops.  It would be easier and as you said make the cost less annoying.

Yes, we enjoyed it immensely. We stayed at a nice hotel with a western style restaurant. Those that only wanted Americanized food were well accommodated. We were directed to wonderful Cambodian restaurants a short tuk tuk ride away. The evening tuk tuk ride was an enjoyment in itself.

Our first tour after arriving was to one of the other Wats which was fascinating and most of the second day was at Angkor Wat. 

Maybe a third of our fellow passengers didn’t go inside Angkor Wat on the second day, which was helpful for the rest of us. That facility is quite large and they would never have been able to do the walking in the heat and humidity. They were driven around the Wat and got a nice tour seeing the Wat from different venues. I don’t believe we were rushed at all. In fact, we probably had to do an extra bit of stopping and waiting for some in the group. I think with the heat and humidity, everyone was satisfied they had received a good visit and were ready for lunch and a break.

The Cambodian show and dinner at the hotel the second night was entertaining.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:57 PM, PirateShark said:

May 5th ! I'm leaving the country! it'll be a nightmare

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, roberts2005 said:

Saw a post on another travel site.  Not sure I could mention it so I cut out part of their story.  Tried to find a link on Oceania.  Has anyone seen a full list.  Here is a partial example.

• A three-night "India's Crown Jewel" tour that visits Delhi as well as the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and the tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah in Agra, India. It's available for free as a pre- or post-cruise add-on to an 18-night voyage from Cape Town, South Africa, to Mumbai, India, starting on Jan. 18, 2023, and a 14-night voyage from Mumbai to Bangkok, Thailand, starting on Feb. 5, 2023. The sailings are on Oceania's 684-passenger Nautica.
  • A three-night tour to the temple complexes of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom in Cambodia. It's available as a free pre- or post-cruise add-on to a 14-night voyage from Mumbai to Bangkok starting on Feb. 5, 2023, and on a 10-night voyage from Bangkok to Singapore starting on Feb. 19, 2023. The sailings are also on Nautica.
  • A three-night "Glimpse of Arabia" tour that visits multiple sites in the United Arab Emirates including the waterfront Museum of Islamic Civilization in Sharjah, the Grand Mosque and the Louvre Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi. It's available as a free post-cruise add-on to a 21-night voyage from Cape Town to Dubai scheduled for April 5, 2023. The sailing is on Oceania's 684-passenger Insignia.

Just be aware that Agra is a long way from New Delhi and the roads and traffic in India have to be seen to be believed,