Beyond split cabana - privacy

zitsky

Anyone try this?  Do you have a lot of privacy and is it comfortable?  Seems like a good deal with all the extras.

They mention food?  What kind?  Is there a restaurant near the pool?

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2

They face a walkway to the Mast Grill so a fair amount of people walking by all the time. Human nature is to look and see what’s going on.   They have tried to put greenery to screen the cabanas but IMO not very private and of course the folks on the other half of the cabana can hear everything you say.

As for comfort they are furnished with cushioned couches so probably comfortable to sit but not great for sunbathing.

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

Anyone try this?  Do you have a lot of privacy and is it comfortable?  Seems like a good deal with all the extras.

They mention food?  What kind?  Is there a restaurant near the pool?

There is a Cabana Food menu. Usually available where you book the Cabana or Google it.

They have a separate lunch menu. The options are pretty nice. They used to offer the Luminae burger.

As far as privacy, on Beyond they face the pool instead of the water so there is no privacy. The split option for 2 is comfortable enough but it’s nicer when you have the full cabana in my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They have a separate lunch menu. The options are pretty nice. They used to offer the Luminae burger.

As far as privacy, on Beyond they face the pool instead of the water so there is no privacy. The split option for 2 is comfortable enough but it’s nicer when you have the full cabana in my opinion. 

I guess you run the risk that your “neighbors” play some loud music or are loud talkers.

They face the pool not the water?  Isn’t the pool the water???  I have never been on Beyond.

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I guess you run the risk that your “neighbors” play some loud music or are loud talkers.

They face the pool not the water?  Isn’t the pool the water???  I have never been on Beyond.

They face the pool on Beyond. On Edge and Apex they face out to the sea. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

Before they raised prices, we reserved a split cabana on Beyond in 2 1/2 weeks using OBC. 
We’re looking forward to having our own shady reserved space by the main pool on a sea day in the Caribbean. The Beyond cabanas face the pool and the walkway isn’t directly in front of them. 
I’ll let you know what we think. 

• Like 1

I've never rented one but have seen them in use on Edge and can say -  Zero Privacy and Zero Sun.    All of the Cabana's are adjacent to where they park the Magic Carpet and the only thing sepating the seating area from the busy walkway to the Grill is a movie theater style rope barrier.

I understand they have reversed them on Beyond and now face the pool where you have the rope barrier and on the side adjacent to the Magic Carpet you have a barrier with plants about 4 feet high.  Better design yes.    Privacy no

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

I don’t know measurements but it sure looks like the full regular size is more than double the size of the half.  And more private.  Seems to be windy up there by the pool on sea days because of the motion of the ship.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Well I want some privacy not complete.  They need to get to me to ask for my autograph.

I like the idea of facing the ocean, that interests me more than the pool. On som pictures I’ve seen, there are (nice looking) chairs against the railing opposite the cabanas,  so the walkway comes between the two.  I haven’t seen any photos showing the Magic Carpet, so I don’t know if the pics I’ve seen are shown while the MC is in use for tendering, or what.

While I don’t have a picture Of the Magic Carpet this if from edge.   D5ACDE29-F1E6-448B-A621-E422A257D796.thumb.jpeg.1c268665a7c438f020365a39a1f16a24.jpeg

138877EB-786F-404E-A625-3F7C3D70944E.thumb.jpeg.8c250503fbec43dc619e616f48d8fccf.jpeg

The feet you see in right are people sitting in the public seating area.  Around the nex rib is the entrance to Magic Carpet that was open as a bar.   I don’t think much of ocean view. 

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Your first picture is a full size cabana for 4 people, yes?

The drinks alone are worth $100 or more.

Hmmm.

I believe the top photo in Jim’s post is the split cabana on Edge.

Here are a couple of photos I took on Apex, identical to Edge.  Those on Beyond are basically the same set-up except facing the pool rather than facing toward the ocean.

D950831D-C670-4A14-8EF4-972A8659B75A.jpeg

The full cabana

BD90C116-E982-4BD3-9B70-A1C4E73F1532.thumb.jpeg.eec587dee4ed7e33ebe8847dbe19a452.jpegThe half (or split) cabana

Edited by bama4cruisin
  • Like 3

I can’t tell how tall the dividers are between split cabana #1 and #2.  I’m not expecting perfect privacy and I’m hoping no one in pool or cabana is playing music on a Bluetooth speaker.

So I’m also debating whether the square footage of the split is too small.  One long side to sit on and one very short side.  With lots of pillows.

No footstools by the way.

It is tempting when you factor in what you get.  For 9 hours.

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Your first picture is a full size cabana for 4 people, yes?

The drinks alone are worth $100 or more.

Hmmm.

I would agree.    To purchase the same liter bottle of Premium Booze on the drink package is $120.

I think the picture was the full size Cabana.   I saw someone (TA have a party for his guests and had about 10-12 in a full size one.  Some were standing and it was tight.

From another post this is the full size one (I believe it to be an artist's concept)

image.thumb.png.77eb457aa2d1536c7c3d5e7db9ed84d0.png

and this is the 1/2

image.thumb.png.05b4319b4b5f54605581fdefd79a9b3d.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1