Sold out excursions

dhwheatl

I've seen it happen when people cancel.  You can also try to figure out which tour company is doing that particular excursion (they're often 3rd party vendors) and see if you can book directly with them.  Usually cheaper that way anyway.

I booked an excursion that was showing sold out for at least 4 months 4 days before the cruise, so don’t give up! I also asked the phone people (because the cruise planner was showing some weird booking instructions) and they said to email the shores people for wait list possibilities.....they didn’t get back to me, but I lucked out anyway!

It ended up being a total of 16 people on the trip, I understand why it was showing sold out....

2 hours ago, dhwheatl said:

If a certain excursion that you’re interested in is sold out pre- cruise, do they ever open up more slots once the cruise starts?  Just wondering - hope so!

No, not usually, but often there will be cancellations.  So, check to get on a waiting list. 

6 hours ago, dhwheatl said:

Thanks for all responses!

yes it can happen.  Make sure if onboard to get on a waiting list.  We have done this 1x in Alaska in May and 1x for Explore St. John on your own back when it was 6 hours and cheaper or close in price than doing the taxi/red hook ferry.

Sometimes they hold some for on board bookings.  Wanted day bed at Breezy Bay at chill island and was sold out in the planner. 
As soon as I boarded, went to the excursion desk and there were a few openings. 
This occurred on current Oasis sail from Bayonne.