Sapori E Amari

mrlevin

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

New food and drink on Splendor and Explorer:

https://www.rssc.com/discover-more/blog/new-concept-sapori-e-amari-debuts-at-coffee-connection?s=EM_RSS_AP_TCT_EMI_CTB_EML_MULTOFFER_OCT221875-20221018_NA_UC_DESTMULTI

Now, already short staffed dining rooms will be even shorter staffed.  🤫

Sounds good to me. But I am a late night sweetcoholic!

Maybe it will not hurt dinner service  since it happens before 6 and after 9.

Guess time will tell.

Just got off Splendor [3 weeks ago? Ugh!] and the Coffee Connection did in deed become a Wine and Puu-Puu bar.  Of course the Coffees were still available.  I enjoyed Lemoncello [sp] a couple of nights while passing through.   Was it packed?  No.   A few took advantage of the fare and were seated but many seats were still available.   I suspect a few patrons from the Meridian Lounge [across the passageway] were doing the Puu-puu's.

On Splendor, it's right across from the Meridian Lounge, and is the Coffee Connection the rest of the day. We spent our after dinner time at the Meridian Lounge almost every night.

The Sapori E Amari had aperitifs before dinner as well as after dinner digestifs, and wasn't another place to have a cocktail. They had small bites available, that were replenished. We actually had only that for dinner one night since our excursion (with lunch included) fed us a huge meal at a restaurant from 3 to 4 PM before returning to the ship. There seemed to be just 2 people handling the Sapori E Amari area.

On our 2 cruises, there were a number of excursions with lunch included, and many excursions that did not include lunch, but started just before lunch, and returned to the ship just after lunch. If you were lucky, you could find a seat at the Pool Grill and eat before leaving for the excursion, or after returning. But since all excursions were scheduled around the same time, food (and drinks) during the day were hard to come by unless you skipped the excursions (or had a day at sea). In that case, lunch at Prime 7 or Chartruese were available, and were always exceptional. I might avoid the "lunch included" excursions in the future since the food was nothing special compared to the food on Splendor. Many of the excursions included free time (even those with lunch included), and I would rather stop for a glass of wine and a small bite rather than have a large lunch.

We were just on the Splendor as well. The area was minimally staffed so should not have an impact on other staffing. Not many people there when we saw it. We usually picked up some canapés while having drinks in the Meridian Lounge. Also stopped sometimes on the way back from Compass Rose to get a couple of petit fours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this is a very nice addition to the later evening offerings on the ship. I have been on two different cruises where Sapori E Amari was offered. The staff did not detract from the staffing at other venues. This was especially nice after a night at Sete Mari--continuing with the Italian theme. They also offer additional bites and nibbles if not readily available at the Meridian Lounge across the way. 

• Like 4