"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

On 10/27/2022 at 11:24 AM, kwokpot said:

For people following this review just be aware Beyond no longer offers fixed early or late seating in any of the 4main restaurants. It doesn't matter what you chose as your dining preference precruise. The ship is 100% Select anytime dining.

It was explained that 40% of each dining room is allocated to precruise reservations, the remaining 60% for walk-ins.

This would explain way there have been posts on CC of people choosing fixed early or late set seating but able to make whole cruise reservations in whatever dining room they wanted. 

Can you order the exclusive dishes of one main restaurant at another one?  I've seen reports that you can, but I wasn't sure if those reports were second hand or not.

Muster Station Drill

A definite improvement from years ago.  I do have to say though, I didn't mind lining up on the Promenade Deck with my life jacket on.  😉 Hehe.  It was one of those things that made a cruise, a cruise. 😉

It has evolved over the years.  I definitely like the new version as opposed to waiting in the theatre for what seemed like an hour.   I did this new version last year and again for this cruise.  This time though, the app wasn't working properly for any of us (the four of us).  Some of the steps had to be done on the phone (app) and others on the TV in the cabin.  We finished that and went right to our Muster Station - Get it done with.  I don't know why people wait. Anyway...we get there and no one was there.   Not one crew member in sight.  We waited a few minutes and left.  We then went for our 1st cocktail, lunch and then went back.   Once we went back, a minute, if that is all it took.   They scan your SeaPass and off you go. 

🍹

Screen with a reminder in the terminal as we were about to board the Beyond 

20221026_103555.thumb.jpg.0e9eaa45d55ea6723111d2c4872dab89.jpg

App 

Screenshot_20221026-104926_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.cb8b78cbe8b1c5f7bba601063d427db2.jpg

TV in Cabin with Steps

20221026_104810.thumb.jpg.90d846af933410a6d28f289423dccc70.jpg

Carpet at theatre entrance 

20221026_112332.thumb.jpg.c58790252ab4dfa6fc04ba5272d224fa.jpg

A sneak peek of the theatre.   I'll give a full theatre review but I will say I liked this concept better than I thought I would. 😉

20221026_112352.thumb.jpg.21290a776ec14b072b5c9a1d6e6188bc.jpg

Muster Station Check-in

20221026_142144.thumb.jpg.72affebb890d40b249f4f42a4c6ca6be.jpg

Next up...more of the ship and what we did, ate, drank and saw on embarkation day!

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

Somehow I missed this review, so I just binged all 18 pages.

Thanks for a wonderful review and setting up the pre sailaway get party at the Sunset" Fog " Bar 

All the pics are great and I cannot wait to go back on the Beyond.

Enjoyed meeting you and your family on the ship.

A couple thoughts on the ship.

Agree with your thoughts on the outside furniture .The reclining mesh loungers on the S Class are way better than these small chairs.

Our safe had to be reset also.

Unfortunately ,it was a 40 min wait right before dinner.

We were in Cabin 11105 and did not hear much creaking at all.There was a lot more on the Milennium las November.

My biggest complaint was the short stays in the ports. Bermuda was too short to do anything.

Looking forward to following along for the rest of your report.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!  Wow!  I haven't been able to log on and how time flies.  The days are busy plus other trips I've had, work and everyday life.  I haven't forgotten about this and will continue to update.    I still have a lot to share.  This will be the 'Live' Review that keeps on giving.  😉

Thank you to all who have continued to follow (even though I haven't posted in some time) and to those who have contributed. 🥰

Kelly 😃

🍹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi!  This will get some way overdue updates, soon, but now that 3 months have passed since I sailed, I have had time to think about how I feel about the Beyond...you know that 'just got back from a cruise' feeling has faded...even though I feel like it was yesterday that I boarded...so I can give an honest answer as to how I feel about the Beyond. 

Do I absolutely love the Beyond so much that I wouldn't change a thing.  No. 

Do I love it enough that I'd sail again, Yes!   So much so that I booked another sailing on the Beyond.  🎉

I do love S-class. When it came time to choose a cruise, I narrowed it down to the Beyond and a ship that has had upgrades/updates along with itinerary.  That short list quickly became the Beyond as a front runner every time.  I will be 100% honest and say The Retreat aspects are what weighed heavily in favor as well. 

Everybody has their likes, dislikes, preferences etc... 

I feel my 9-night cruise on the Beyond just wasn't enough.  Yes, even with the things I would change on the ship, the Beyond seems to have this spell over me. 😉

I will post more pictures and reviews and thoughts soon.  I feel there can never be too much information out there for resources.  I love reading what others say, so if I can provide helpful insight as well to anyone,  that's why I will finish this 'Live' review and make sure it's before the 1 year anniversary. 😂

Kelly 😃

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cafe Bacio desserts and the cookies...

There were reports that the cookies were gone.  The cookies were still there.  They weren't in the jars on top, as seen here (on the bottom in the case).  

I will say the chocolate chip cookies on most days (if available as a choice) weren't as good as usual. Some days they were soft and good.  Other days they looked and tasted like those store bought cookie logs that get cut and baked...  not good and hard as a rock.

As usual, the selections would change daily with some repeating.  Some items were really good.  I will post pics as this thread progresses.  😉

As always, the desserts are free of charge.

🍹

This was the display on embarkation day:

20221026_144353.thumb.jpg.100d5bc76adf73b517f04f1685cba981.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, hcat said:

Pink sand girl

Love all your pics..

We have a sky suite ( i think) on side opposite of the Magic Carpet.  Hope our bed faces  the water view and that we have a  big  balcony too!

Hi! How was your Beyond cruise?  You got on as we got off.  

🍹

14 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Cafe Bacio desserts and the cookies...

There were reports that the cookies were gone.  The cookies were still there.  They weren't in the jars on top, as seen here (on the bottom in the case).  

I will say the chocolate chip cookies on most days (if available as a choice) weren't as good as usual. Some days they were soft and good.  Other days they looked and tasted like those store bought cookie logs that get cut and baked...  not good and hard as a rock.

As usual, the selections would change daily with some repeating.  Some items were really good.  I will post pics as this thread progresses.  😉

As always, the desserts are free of charge.

🍹

This was the display on embarkation day:

Funny you mention the cookies, on a recent Solstice sailing they were in a jar but got two cookies, one was hard and one was soft, they even tasted different

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Funny you mention the cookies, on a recent Solstice sailing they were in a jar but got two cookies, one was hard and one was soft, they even tasted different

They need quality control. 😉 🍪

Just like their ice cream at restaurants.  Some of it is good. Some of it tastes like that ice milk stuff = not good. 🍨

🍹

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PinkSandGirl said:

They need quality control. 😉 🍪

Just like their ice cream at restaurants.  Some of it is good. Some of it tastes like that ice milk stuff = not good. 🍨

🍹

The harder cookies were the ones they always had and I was rank below average, the softer ones were much better but not as good as Eden Cafe's cookies which was excellent

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The harder cookies were the ones they always had and I was rank below average, the softer ones were much better but not as good as Eden Cafe's cookies which was excellent

That's funny because I've always had the softer ones at Cafe Bacio.  

I do owe you my thoughts about the cookie from Eden Café.  You had recommended it.  I did have it.  I wasn't overly crazy about it.  I think because of the nuts.  I prefer my chocolate chip cookies nut free.  It was soft and chewy and that's how I like them.  I feel it was missing something.  I know it gets rave reviews.  Maybe it was an off day.   I will try again the next time I'm on the Beyond.    I never did get back there again for lunch during this cruise so I only had that one. 

The brownies get rave reviews as well.  It was way too soft for me.  I'd say gooey but that's not an accurate description.  I like chewy brownies but it was an odd texture.  Almost like it was a soaked cake that was underbaked and then flash frozen but thawed to try and harden it a bit.   😅

🍹

Eden Cafe at lunchtime 

20221027_124216.thumb.jpg.9b8754472199eeeacd5b7bd2ab801400.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I do owe you my thoughts about the cookie from Eden Café.  You had recommended it.  I did have it.  I wasn't overly crazy about it.  I think because of the nuts.  I prefer my chocolate chip cookies nut free.  It was soft and chewy and that's how I like them.  I feel it was missing something.  I know it gets rave reviews.  Maybe it was an off day.   I will try again the next time I'm on the Beyond.    I never did get back there again for lunch during this cruise so I only had that one. 

The brownies get rave reviews as well.  It was way too soft for me.  I'd say gooey but that's not an accurate description.  I like chewy brownies but it was an odd texture.  Almost like it was a soaked cake that was underbaked and then flash frozen but thawed to try and harden it a bit.   😅

🍹

Eden Cafe at lunchtime 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Those look more like a fudgy shortbread than brownies to me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

Eden Cafe at lunchtime 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  The brownies almost looks like fudge, I had them but they seemed to be way different and closer to traditional brownies.  Totally understand not everyone is nuts about nuts...lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  The brownies almost looks like fudge, I had them but they seemed to be way different and closer to traditional brownies.  Totally understand not everyone is nuts about nuts...lol

You should change your name to NutsAboutEdenCookies 😉 🍪

I will definitely try them again though. 

Perhaps the brownies had an off day as well.  They were much softer than fudge.  I have to think they were 'off'.  I can't imagine people liking that.  There were 4 of us.  I tried them, everyone else was like, "No Way!" when they saw my face when I tried it. 😂   

🍹

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I agree that the Eden Cafe brownies on the Beyond ARE DIFFERENT than the other E-Class ships. On the previous ships the brownie had a crisp, browned top layer, which is missing from the brownies on the Beyond. Here's a photo how they SHOULD BE. 

Edit: The Brownies on the Edge and Apex tasted EXACTLY the same, it's the brownies on the Beyond that are different. Whatsmore the Beyond had the same brownies at Cafe al Bacio, which isn't the case on the Edge or Apex. 

IMG_20211105_131156.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I agree that the Eden Cafe brownies on the Beyond ARE DIFFERENT than the other E-Class ships. On the previous ships the brownie had a crisp, browned top layer, which is missing from the brownies on the Beyond. Here's a photo how they SHOULD BE. 

IMG_20211105_131156.jpg

Thank You!  The brownies you show look more like brownies that I'm used to. The cookies have a different looking texture as well.  They look smoother in your picture.

This was the first I ever had them, since the Beyond was my first E-class ship. 

I will now try the brownies the next time as well along with the cookies.  😉

🍹

• Like 1

Here are two more pics of the Eden 'brownies' as served on the Beyond.   I resisted to post the one since they look really unappealing but in reality, they were.  😝

Confirmation from @kwokpot and @NutsAboutGolf that these are not the normal Eden brownies.  I wonder if they are the Beyond version or if they are now like the other E-class Eden brownies.

I post these for research purposes.  Please Note:  They were even worse than how they aappear. 😂

🍹

20221027_125126.thumb.jpg.28efbbbbffb2f32f0820b96dde0c8a1e.jpg

20221027_125401.thumb.jpg.7ab1f9360d4002e7dc75c92078a8bee2.jpg

I am so behind on posting about this cruise.   I did take a turn to a not so good dessert so to counter that...here is the S'mores Jar (Mason Jar S'mores) from Roofttop Garden Grill. 

Very good. 

We dined there twice and I ordered it both times.  I would (will) go back for it.

🍹

20221027_203144.thumb.jpg.23b96d1c661ee3498fefffa28eaa69de.jpg

Screenshot_20230213_230924_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2ca57cbf9b57f5031220c355022fb7c1.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

The Beyond has been sailing since the spring so I know many things have been photographed and answered but if there is something you'd like to know more about based on what I've already posted, let me know and I'll acknowledge that first.

I have a lot to catch up on and I wanted to move forward in chronological order but I'd be happy to post about anything and everything if requested. 😉

I have so many pictures and so much to write that it's a bit overwhelming. 😉

I just take too many pictures and have too many thoughts. 😂  I need to streamline and edit.  😉

🍹

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I have not.

I've only been on M and S class Celebrity ships. 

This was my first E-class so I wasn't sure if they were the normal brownies, but apparently not (on the other E-class).  Next time I'm on the Beyond I'll have to investigate to see what they look like. 😉

🍹

• Like 1

Thank you all for your insightful reviews!  Did any of you stay in a “quiet” infinity balcony stateroom?  We’d appreciate if you’d share cabin numbers.  

We are loyal Celebrity cruisers.  We hope to book the Beyond, but are leery due to the issue of excessive noise in some cabins.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...