Favorite Specialty Restaurant

slyster

We tried 150 last night.  I had an Urban Martini which was probably the best martini I've ever had.  Grey goose, lemon grass, basil and cucumber.  Made tableside.  I had braised pork belly and the duck.  Husband had 2 appetizers and the Lobster Thermador plus the peanut butter tart.  I couldn't eat their desserts due to allergies so I did a sundae at Johnny Rockets.  Food and service at 150 were outstanding.  Its not food I would normally eat and I did have a limited selection due to allergies but the selection was excellent.  They did offer to try to tweak the other selections but I said no, I was happy to eat what I ordered.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

What I miss about 150 Central is the tasting salts they used to serve.  Still love the service and rest of the menu.    Chops can get tiring, but if you've never eaten there, worth the splurge or use of the UDP.

Love Izumu for lunch and sushi.   Never big of all the BeniHana knock-offs the cruise lines offer. We've had good and bad meals at Giovanni's/Jamie's.

What!  No tasting salts at 150 Central Park?!  We really enjoyed those on Oasis!  Nuts.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Coastal Kitchen.  😉  

We keep trying the specialty restaurants as an alternative, but one after another...each one has been a disappointment.  😞 

After trying a couple of dinners in CK we now by UDP , I do like CK for breakfast and lunch.

• Like 1

Another vote from me for 150 Central Park! The food was good, and so was service when we were on Harmony. 
But I also really really enjoyed lunch at Izumi. The sushi rolls were huge and tasty, if anyone in your party is going for that. I thought the whole lunch meal for the fixe prix was well worth it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spurschick said:

The “Cucumber martini” is actually called Urban Garden in CP 150

0A8CF2E4-93B3-450A-B097-86C110B5E24C.jpeg

Yeah I knew that was not the real name but could not remember it. I got the recipie on line from RCCL, one of the ingreaients was a limongrass liqueur from England that I could not find in the states and cost a lot to ship over. Used a sub and still good but not as good as when you are having it on a ship in the middle of the caribbean. 

1 hour ago, slyster said:

What is the salt tasting about?  Can someone explain that?  I'm one of those, I'll take salt over sweets any day LOL

The first time we ate at 150 CP they brought out the bread with unsalted butter and an assortment of 6 different salts in a dish with little serving spoons.  The server would give an explanation of each salt and we tried them all and enjoyed that part of the meal.  They were no longer doing it the last time we ate at 150 CP in 2019.

• Like 1

1. If you're really lucky to be on a sailing where Solarium Bistro is open for dinner, definitely try that. It's an underpraised location, and they will happily assist with custom orders, even ones not on the menu 🙂

2. Izumi. Their sushi rolls are unmatched on land (my opinion, others' mileage may vary). And the fact that they are extremely willing to help out with takeout meals removes all stress from juggling evening shows. Just grab-and-fridge.

3. Jamie's for Tiramisu. A perfect 9pm wrap-down snack.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, George C said:

After trying a couple of dinners in CK we now by UDP , I do like CK for breakfast and lunch.

Agree with you.  We do the same thing.  Even through we are in a suite, enjoy dining in all of the restaurants.  Except sushi- we do not eat it.  I just wouldn't do the Chef's table again- food was so disappointing and they charge you extra even with the UDP.  

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Agree with you.  We do the same thing.  Even through we are in a suite, enjoy dining in all of the restaurants.  Except sushi- we do not eat it.  I just wouldn't do the Chef's table again- food was so disappointing and they charge you extra even with the UDP.  

We are considering a junior suite so CK may be a dinner option for us too!