Check in times

BLAMBKY

Are they still sticking to the check in time listed when you checked in online? Any feedback from recent cruisers? Sailing HOS this Sunday. I can follow the rules but if they no longer care, I want to get on ASAP!

I have been on 12 RCI cruises this year and it’s been approximately 50/50 if they enforce check-in times. I have only cruised out of Port Miami and Port Canaveral, so my port experience is limited. Based on this experience Port Canaveral has been stricter when it comes to enforcing check-in times.

The worst lines I saw was on Harmony back in July when they were strictly enforcing check-in times. According to a couple of the port employees there was twice as many people there than there should have been. Based on this and other cruises, it appears they enforce check-in times when too many people show up early.

When people show up as scheduled, there are hardly any lines both outside and inside the terminal. I cruised on Freedom three times in the last month out of Port Miami. I showed up during my check-in time for all three cruises and literally never stopped moving from the time I left my car until I was on the ship. 

Not sure if this helps but that has been my experiences this year. 

Symphony 2 weeks ago out of Miami they weren't checking times. Hell, all they checked was Set Sail Pass to board. We were never asked vax status, show cards or even passports. Facially rec was used at customs disembarking so passports weren't asked for either. We were onboard within mins as well as offboard and through customs.  

They didn’t check on Indy out of canaveral last month-we walked right on about an hour early. I think it just depends how crowded it is and what staff are there. Now that we don’t have to social distance anymore, I don’t see the point of continuing the check in times. I wish they’d go away like the testing.

20 hours ago, BLAMBKY said:

Are they still sticking to the check in time listed when you checked in online? Any feedback from recent cruisers? Sailing HOS this Sunday. I can follow the rules but if they no longer care, I want to get on ASAP!

So far this year we have done 1 from Seattle, 1 from Vancouver and 2 from LA/ world cruise port. So far no one has checked for checkin time. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

Cape Liberty in September, the security screening lines seemed to be the limiting factor.  If there were openings, the specific times did not seem to matter. Rather hit or miss depending upon the ebb and flow of arrivals. I would say that they were moving the cattle very well and a specific arrival time was never checked.