Magic Carpet on Apex

CruiseloverfromGA

I have searched for the answer but no luck.

We will be sailing on the Apex in 3 weeks.  Is the Magic Carpet a stand alone restaurant at night or is it an extension of Raw of 5? 

I read a review of dining on CC that listed it as a stand along restaurant but everything else points to it being a part of Raw on 5.

Thanks

I don’t think it is the same as Chef’s Table.  
Dinner on the Edge was hyped before the ship started sailing.  It doesn’t seem to happen often as weather and wind can make the Magic Carpet a less than ideal place for a drink, much less a dinner when the ship is sailing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I don’t think it is the same as Chef’s Table.  
Dinner on the Edge was hyped before the ship started sailing.  It doesn’t seem to happen often as weather and wind can make the Magic Carpet a less than ideal place for a drink, much less a dinner when the ship is sailing.

Well that's a bummer.  I will hold onto the reservation for now.  I can always cancel it later.

I did a Chef's Table on Carnival years ago and had a great time.

17 minutes ago, CruiseloverfromGA said:

Well that's a bummer.  I will hold onto the reservation for now.  I can always cancel it later.

If you love sea food, which I do, you will love the “Dinner on the Edge”.  😎

Edited by Texed

It's never been a stand alone 

19 hours ago, CruiseloverfromGA said:

I have searched for the answer but no luck.

We will be sailing on the Apex in 3 weeks.  Is the Magic Carpet a stand alone restaurant at night or is it an extension of Raw of 5? 

I read a review of dining on CC that listed it as a stand along restaurant but everything else points to it being a part of Raw on 5.

Thanks

Has NEVER been a stand alone restaurant as there isn't a galley.  I haven't seen the most recent reports but dinner on the Edge used to be buffet style and there were many complaints about cold food no better than the buffet and way too much wind.

You could just go to the buffet and carry a plate on there for lunch.  Also note that while the magic carpets roof appears to provide protection from the elements, it doesn't.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's never been a stand alone 

Has NEVER been a stand alone restaurant as there isn't a galley.  I haven't seen the most recent reports but dinner on the Edge used to be buffet style and there were many complaints about cold food no better than the buffet and way too much wind.

You could just go to the buffet and carry a plate on there for lunch.  Also note that while the magic carpets roof appears to provide protection from the elements, it doesn't.

Thanks for the feedback.

My fiancée is a bit concerned about being on the Magic Carpet anyway.  I'll probably cancel the reservation.

6 minutes ago, CruiseloverfromGA said:

Thanks for the feedback.

My fiancée is a bit concerned about being on the Magic Carpet anyway.  I'll probably cancel the reservation.

I'd recommend waiting until on board before canceling.  Find out the reservation cancellation policy and check out the Magic Carpet once on board.

On my sailing in March 2022 on Apex it was both a stand alone venue and an extension of Raw on 5.  Most nights it would be stopped (for lack of a better word) on Deck 5 and when in this position it was a extension of Raw on 5.  However, on two nights during the cruise it was stopped on Deck 10 and there it became a stand alone venue with a fixed menu (with an alternative selection) for a single seating only that was timed to coincide with sunset.  The main appetizer was a seafood tower.  I have attached a picture of the menu and the seafood tower.   It was a very nice venue to have dinner.  

MC 1.jpg

Mc 2.jpg

We loved the Magic Carpet back on our March Cruise. It was a great bar nearly all the time. At night, most of the time, it was down by Raw on 5, but on one night it ascended up to Deck 14 where they did Dinner on the Edge. 

We thought the whole experience was quite fantastic! The food was delicious and the service was the best of all of our meals onboard. They closed off the Mast Grille area (adjacent to the magic carpet) to setup a large outdoor galley to prepare this dinner, we observed it was the head chef leading this. To our knowledge they did not offer reservations for this prior to our cruise, so we spoke to the concierge as soon as we boarded to get a table before it was sold out. We never saw it advertised at any time onboard until it occurred. I would say maybe 50 or less can fit out there during dinner, but agree Relaxinginthesun above, it was a very nice venue to have dinner.

87B77D85-3F79-4C00-B0EB-1E1D6402C6E0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.8a0a4645e2c42c9b7bfb9678c536756d.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Have Apex Magic Carpet reservation in December, with the only time slot is Day 1 10AM at $118 p/p.

My question to a number of Celebrity reps...how can that possibly be. Response was not sure, you are assigned a time when you board,etc. Also, no menu available for the $118.

Any input and thank you in advance. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/15/2022 at 1:13 AM, TLD1747 said:

Have Apex Magic Carpet reservation in December, with the only time slot is Day 1 10AM at $118 p/p.

My question to a number of Celebrity reps...how can that possibly be. Response was not sure, you are assigned a time when you board,etc. Also, no menu available for the $118.

Any input and thank you in advance. 

hi there, 

did you manage to figure out why it was stuck on day 1 10am?

I am having the same problem with my cruise...

Everyone has Day 1 @ 10 A , until you board at which time  depending on weather,  Captain,  makes that decision. In our case, it was rescheduled once. Go very hungry and thirsty as it is fantastic. 

27 minutes ago, TLD1747 said:

Everyone has Day 1 @ 10 A , until you board at which time  depending on weather,  Captain,  makes that decision. In our case, it was rescheduled once. Go very hungry and thirsty as it is fantastic. 

Oh i see 

I suppose pre-ordering this , pre-cruise, guarantees a seat then

Thanks for your help