Guarantee cabins- timing on assignment

Banditswife

2 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Hope to see you on board.  From all I have read on here, I think I will love the ship.  We check daily too, sometimes more than once.  We're ready.  Our only other HAL cruises have been on N Amsterdam.  

It’s a really lovely ship.  It’s my favourite. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

We would jump on it if the price was $15pp, per day. as I read somewhere that it was offered ...

I believe it is $15pppd on "longer cruises", but I don't know where that line is drawn... 

You or your TA need to contact HAL about the actual price FOR YOU! Good luck!

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I believe it is $15pppd on "longer cruises", but I don't know where that line is drawn... 

We will ask our TA to look into it.  If there is a V we available, or if we are interested in,  I'll have my TA downgrade us to the VH, and then upgrade us to the V.  I am sure she will love doing that!!! 🙄

• Like 1

I took a look at V availability.  Hard to tell what would be a good location.  I think the only deck that would be a good location for us is on the 7th deck.. The only V on that deck is 7058.  

We currently have VA 6078 booked.  Hope it is a good one!

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I hear it’s 14 days.  I have booked a few cruises that are 14 days but they have 2 booking numbers so I hear that doesn’t count.  I guess it has to be a true 14 day or more.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, Iamthesea said:

I thought that I read on here that Club Orange was normally $50 a day.  Is $25 the normal price, and is it per stateroom or per person?  I looked it up on HAL's website and is says to call for pricing.

WOW...those FA's look nice if it were just two of us.

It depends on the length of the cruise.  I paid $15.00 a day for 14:days.  Upgraded from a VH Guarantee to a VB aft balcony on a Panama Canal cruise.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

We booked a F Guarantee for November 5 on the NS.  I received an upsell notice on Tuesday of this week with the choice of FA, veranda and Vista Suite.  I have not responded.  I am still waiting for assignment.  A few on my Roll Call have received assignment over the past few days.  Someone on my Roll Call booked 3 consecutive weeks on the same deal and was assigned the same cabin( C category) for all three weeks.  She sails this weekend.  I hope this helps.

An update.  We received our assignment last evening.  We leave on Saturday.  We were a assigned a category C on Deck 1, quiet location.  Very happy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

An update.  We received our assignment last evening.  We leave on Saturday.  We were a assigned a category C on Deck 1, quiet location.  Very happy!

Wow, 5 days before you sail! Glad you're happy with your assignment. I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks for our November 26th B2B cabin assignment.

26 minutes ago, honeyb2 said:

Wow, 5 days before you sail! Glad you're happy with your assignment. I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks for our November 26th B2B cabin assignment.

Less than 5 days!  I think they were giving me an opportunity to upsell.  However, we find we rarely use a balcony, and were happy with the prospect of being on Deck 1, close to most public lounges.

2 hours ago, honeyb2 said:

impatiently waiting here as well for Nov 26, Dec 3.

A timely question as I'm waiting for an assignment for the 11/20 Nieuw Amsterdam sailing.  I'm happy just to be onboard my first HAL cruise so trying not to be anxious about when my cabin will be assigned.

We are sailing 11/19 & 11/26 (NS)...two bookings.

We got our cabin assignments today for both segments.

13 days before boarding

....Same cabin for both cruises.....Booked Inside Guarantee and got Inside Guarantee.

All good!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We got our cabin assignment late last night.  So 10 days ahead of sail date.  I had asked our PCC & she told us anytime between 2 weeks & 2 days ahead.  I wonder why they wait so long... We were doing "mock" bookings to see what cabins were still available in our category & the cabin we ended up with always showed as unavailable.  So did they upsell the person who was in that cabin or was that where we were all along?

4 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We got our cabin assignment late last night.  So 10 days ahead of sail date.  I had asked our PCC & she told us anytime between 2 weeks & 2 days ahead.  I wonder why they wait so long... We were doing "mock" bookings to see what cabins were still available in our category & the cabin we ended up with always showed as unavailable.  So did they upsell the person who was in that cabin or was that where we were all along?

Sometimes it depends on the specific sailing.  For example, our Panama Canal cruise had 21, 20 and 16 day portions, so that affected the assignment date.  Same goes for cruises that can be booked as 14 days or two 7 days.

• Like 2

We just got an unexpected upgrade last night, and we sail tomorrow on the Koningsdam. We went from a spa interior room, deck 10, to a forward ocean view on deck 7. By looking at the photos online, it looks like it has access to a hidden deck but we will see if it is locked or not once we are on board.

• Like 1