Picky eater

Scotico

So my 3yo son is super picky and will only eat pizza and sometimes pasta with meatballs.  What kind of menu items do they have in the MDR for kids or will I have to go to the buffet to give him food.  Will wait staff accommodate to picky eaters?

4 minutes ago, Scotico said:

So my 3yo son is super picky and will only eat pizza and sometimes pasta with meatballs.  What kind of menu items do they have in the MDR for kids or will I have to go to the buffet to give him food.  Will wait staff accommodate to picky eaters?

There is a kids menu with pasta and pizza, so he will be okay.  The waitstaff will do their best to get your son exactly what he wants every night.  Don't be afraid to request something off menu either, they will take care of him.  

There is a kid's menu available in the MDR with several options. I know spaghetti is one option and I believe pizza is another. There will be other options as well such as a hamburger, PB&J sandwich and chicken fingers. If he can't find something he likes, ask the wait staff and they will probably be able to accommodate him.

my 11 yo didn't like the pepperoni pizza offered at MDR (crust and cheese were ok, but pepperonis - nope), but he LOVED Sorento pizza. You could grab a couple of slices on the way to MDR.

He also really liked Spaghetti Marinara on the kid's menu. Spaghetti Bolognese was a no go for either of us.

He also hated chicken nuggets off the kid's menu - too fancy. We also got him a fruit salad for every dinner since he started cruising at 3. Sometimes it comes cut into cubes, and sometimes it's whole pieces.

There were cheese tortellinis on the adult MDR menu one night - he absolutely loved them. 

Also, bread with butter is such a highlight of the MDR dinner for all three of us.

Fruit salad

20211124_182736.thumb.jpg.669bfcd5beaa6674de6336186fbe35bf.jpg

chicken nuggies

1309755755_20211121_203424chickenfingerskidmenu.thumb.jpg.de49929492315cb19917d8e4a0ed6619.jpg

MDR pep pizza

1119582694_20211127_192855kidspizza.thumb.jpg.2e49c0ef7036c830f73111dec0787106.jpg

We have also used a tablet with headphones for DS since he was 3 to give us an opportunity to actually enjoy MDR dinners. He watched cartoons and kid's movies.

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc18f02324a9ced18498b98c9aea677.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

my 11 yo didn't like the pepperoni pizza offered at MDR (crust and cheese were ok, but pepperonis - nope), but he LOVED Sorento pizza. You could grab a couple of slices on the way to MDR.

He also really liked Spaghetti Marinara on the kid's menu. Spaghetti Bolognese was a no go for either of us.

He also hated chicken nuggets off the kid's menu - too fancy. We also got him a fruit salad for every dinner since he started cruising at 3. Sometimes it comes cut into cubes, and sometimes it's whole pieces.

There were cheese tortellinis on the adult MDR menu one night - he absolutely loved them. 

Also, bread with butter is such a highlight of the MDR dinner for all three of us.

Fruit salad

20211124_182736.thumb.jpg.669bfcd5beaa6674de6336186fbe35bf.jpg

chicken nuggies

1309755755_20211121_203424chickenfingerskidmenu.thumb.jpg.de49929492315cb19917d8e4a0ed6619.jpg

MDR pep pizza

1119582694_20211127_192855kidspizza.thumb.jpg.2e49c0ef7036c830f73111dec0787106.jpg

We have also used a tablet with headphones for DS since he was 3 to give us an opportunity to actually enjoy MDR dinners. He watched cartoons and kid's movies.

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc18f02324a9ced18498b98c9aea677.jpeg

Heck, we had table mates watch football games every evening thru dinner on their tablet.  

1 hour ago, shellunderwater said:

Heck, we had table mates watch football games every evening thru dinner on their tablet.  

We were on a cruise during the last World Cup and would watch matches at our table during dinner.  We were the most popular table in our area every night 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Fruit salad

chicken nuggies

Those are some fancy lookin/odd chicken nuggets.  Looks like they are seasoned with everything but the bagel seasoning.  Nice they have the fruit salad as an option.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scotico said:

Those are some fancy lookin/odd chicken nuggets.  Looks like they are seasoned with everything but the bagel seasoning.  Nice they have the fruit salad as an option.

Harmony had regular looking and tasting chicken nuggets at the buffet, so my then 10 yo was unpleasantly surprised by these fancy things. That one bite was all he took. 🙂

He likes a variety of fast food nuggets, except for Arby's, just to give a fellow parent an idea.