Paradise Beach - Now All Inclusive?

LuCruise

Starting to look at our cruise ports and looking into Paradise Beach (which we have done before) and Mr Sanchos.  

From what I remember for Paradise Beach, we paid a small entrance fee (I think it was $3-5 per person) and we had to spend at least $10 per person on food and that was the minimum charge.  Looking at their website, it looks like they now charge $65 per adult (and a bit less of teens and kids).  Is this an optional way to visit if you want all inclusive?  Or is this how it now works there?

P.S. - Anyone been to both and have any preference?  Am thinking maybe we try Mr Sanchos as we haven't been there before.  Coming with two teenagers.

I think both Sanchos and Paradise beach have been pushing the AI since the restart.

I think they both still do PAYG, but AI guarantees you a spot.

Hopefully somebody who has done either recently can confrim the PAYG still being available.

Might want to see how many ships are in port that day, to see how full the two spots will get. (so as you know your odds of PAYG being available, or AI filling up both)

Otherwise you can pivot to other suggested spots that I'm sure many will chime in with.

10 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the reply.  That's what I was wondering/thinking...that it's a change since the pandemic.

Thats what I've been reading in here, getting ready for our December cruise.

If nobody with direct experience chimes in this weekend, if you scroll down this page or a couple of pages, there should be a couple of threads talking about Sanchos, Paradise or both, that talk about this a bit.

I honestly thought somebody who has been recently would have chimed in for you by now.

Hopefully over the weekend.

c-leg5 who gives great information about Cozumel posted this on another thread about PB.

"The information is even more difficult to find on the new website, and it was bad enough before!

It is under the “Helpful information” tag on drop down menu, several psges.

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers."

• Like 2

Here's a September response

•  

I clarified with Paradise Beach. In case anyone needs the info: 

Our A la carte option is only offered if we have space available that day. It includes the use of our facilities (Including the rental of lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, use of the pool, and free Wi-Fi). We only charge $10 USD per person AND a $10 USD minimum consumption fee on F&B. We don’t take reservations for this option, and there are only a limited amount of a la carte tickets available per day. A la carte tickets are honored on a first come, first served basis.

The FUN PASS is an additional $18 USD per person and includes unlimited playtime with our famous water park, kayaks, water hammocks and stand-up paddle boards. Also includes snorkel rental. 

To secure your spot, we highly recommend booking in advance by booking the EXCLUSIVE ALL-INCLUSIVE. We are offering the “FALL IN PARADISE” promotion on our EXCLUSIVE ALL-INCLUSIVE F&B. Reservations can be made on our website using this link paradisebeachcozumel.com

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 1

Here's somebody's October response about Sanchos.

Sounds like AI guarantees a spot and PAYG is space available.

On 10/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, gratamama said:

We'll be in COZ on Christmas Day. There are four ships in port. Does anyone know if PAYG closes availability if too crowded. I need to be sure I can do something with fam. We're a group of 12 - 8 adults, 1 18yo, a 14, 11 and 8 yo. A few are non drinkers.

Yes.  I emailed about doing PAYG on an upcoming cruise and was told they would not be accepting PAYG guests since they were completely booked on 

10 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the replies. Wonder if they sell out or if it's a way to make you feel like you should buy the pass. 

Not sure yet what we'll do in Cozumel but just looking at options. 

I think originally the AI was pushed because occupancy was reduced by government mandate. 

I am surprised, from reports that they appear to be still filling to capacity now capacity has increased because, although the number of daily ships has increased, they have not always all been sailing at full capacity for the last 6 months.

I don’t recall Sanchos and Paradise beach regularly reporting full capacity pre-Covid - only at holiday times.

9 minutes ago, grantbob said:

We did PAYG at Paradise in April and opted for AI in September (our April bill was only $25 or 30 less than AI would have been). Neither time was it close to being full. 

This is more what I would have expected. I have been surprised at reports they are so full but I wonder if those people have  been before or what they are comparing it to. We have not been to either recently because we think they are always busy and would only go if we had children or grandchildren with us.

Usually  we prefer the quieter or more budget friendly options.

Edited by c-leg5

On 10/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the replies. Wonder if they sell out or if it's a way to make you feel like you should buy the pass. 

Not sure yet what we'll do in Cozumel but just looking at options. 

Take a look at what ships you'll be in port with on your day.

It matters more about WHICH ships will be in port rather than how many.

We have 6 in our day in December, but the only larger ship is Allure of the Seas,(over 4,000 pax) the rest are under 3,000 passengers.

A day with multiple Oasis class megaships or the Mardi Gras or larger NCL ships will be worse than a day with 8-10 smaller ships.

I think we have only had one stop in Cozumel over the years with less than 8 ships in port and it has never seemed overcrowded in Cozumel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are giving the Paradise Beach AI a try when we go in two weeks.

We usually do Nacchi, and are big fans. The kids want the water inflatables. We tried Mr Sanchos but it was a tad to crowded for us. But that was prior to Covid,

Let me know any questions and I will try and get the answers during my trip

4 hours ago, nydney1 said:

We are giving the Paradise Beach AI a try when we go in two weeks.

We usually do Nacchi, and are big fans. The kids want the water inflatables. We tried Mr Sanchos but it was a tad to crowded for us. But that was prior to Covid,

Let me know any questions and I will try and get the answers during my trip

Have a great time!  We quite enjoyed Paradise Beach when we went.  They have a nice big pool too. 

Not good to hear Mr Sanchos was too crowded.  Will keep that in mind.

Would love to hear your thoughts of Paradise Beach when you return.

1 hour ago, nydney1 said:

Will do.

Mr Sanchos  wasn’t Spring Break crowded, but when you are used to under 100 people at Nachi it doesn’t take much.

You had better prepare yourself for Paradise Beach then! Recent reports suggest it is regularly “sold-out” although  I find that hard to believe unless they  have seriously reduced capacity as I don’t recall it being a problem prior to Covid.

I can understand needing to go with tweens/teens, I but elbow to elbow loungers, all- inclusive and water park passes all add up. For us there are many other options when we don’t have kids/grandkids with us. The facilities are very good and clean but crowds and tourist prices deter us.

We did go one January specifically to enjoy the advertised “heated” pool but I guess heated is subjective, too cold for me!

Edited by c-leg5

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

We did go one January specifically to enjoy the advertised “heated” pool but I guess heated is subjective, too cold for me!

The heated pool at Nachi is the large hot tub attached to it...😜

Spent one January day at Nachi in the hot tub all day.

(but it was a freak cold snap that year. It was snowing as we left Tampa. Still cold in Cozumel)

Edited by bguppies

Was just at Paradise Nov. 1. It did not seem crowded at all. Then again, only 3 ships in port. Including Symphony of the Seas, that we were on.

A little more crowded than last time at Nachi.

Although the service here was a lot better than the service we received at Nachi last time. We had a free Daybed at the Pool instead of the beach, so probably received better service being closer to food and bar.

Both have great food but Paradise had a lot more variety.

Enjoyed it so much, we are going back to Paradise again the end of November.

This time we have a daybed at the beach and looks like 5 ships will be in port. Will be interesting to see if we still get the same great service as last time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rad798 said:

Was just at Paradise Nov. 1. It did not seem crowded at all. Then again, only 3 ships in port. Including Symphony of the Seas, that we were on.

A little more crowded than last time at Nachi.

Although the service here was a lot better than the service we received at Nachi last time. We had a free Daybed at the Pool instead of the beach, so probably received better service being closer to food and bar.

Both have great food but Paradise had a lot more variety.

Enjoyed it so much, we are going back to Paradise again the end of November.

This time we have a daybed at the beach and looks like 5 ships will be in port. Will be interesting to see if we still get the same great service as last time.

Looks like you will just get it in before they start to charge.  Are you able to reserve a complimentary in advance?

Does the day bed actually come with anything fir $50?

Edited by c-leg5

Yeah, last trip I just emailed them and reserved the Day bed. Then we just reserved the Day bed we wanted for our next trip before we left Paradise Beach. Complimentary for both. I guess they start charging the $50.00 December 1st.

While the Day beds are nice, I probably would not pay an extra $50.00 for them. I don't think they include anything extra. I guess they are like everyone else these days. Just trying to see where they can increase their revenue.

• Thanks 1

We were at Paradise Beach last Wed. There was 7 ships in port including the Oasis.  
it is a nice beach with lots of inflatables for the kids.  Great pool as well and they had good service.   The pool was pretty crowded but we ocean and inflatables were not that crowded.   FYI there is a few underwater rocks in the shallow water.  Did not seem to bother many but I put my water shoes on the second time in and was much more comfortable walking.  Might just be I have soft feet.  

We would go here again. 

Edited by volk904
  • Like 1

I went with my teens in April and did PAYG. It was getting more crowded when we left but we were only there from 10am-noon and then left to go snorkeling. Paid a small cover, paid inflatables for the kids and ate lunch there before we left to cover our $10 min food charge. It was really nice!

The only negative thing that happened is that we got in the taxi and after leaving port, he told us Paradise Beach was full and we should go to this other place instead. We disagreed, because I'd read on the boards that the port staff would tell us if it was full (and there weren't many ships there that day), but we also tried to start calling them to make sure but couldn't get through in time, so ended up getting left at the place we reserved to do afternoon snorkeling. Finally got through to P.B. who said it was fine to PAYG and to come on over. So then we had to pay for a second taxi. So if you have a chance to call as you are docking or before getting in a taxi, please try to do that so you aren't at the mercy of an underhanded cab driver!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1