Mr.Sancho's vs. Paradise Beach

travelling_txgal

We are fans of Mr. Sanchos. We like the beach and the service is excellent- The pool was also very nice- The food was also good for a beach club all inclusive. Have enjoyed it with family and alone-

However, if you just want to sit on a nice beach, do not care about food or alcohol- consider other options

An excursion to Passion island may be what you are looking for - supposedly they filmed a Corona Beer commercial there because the sand was so white and the water so blue. :cool: There's a high speed boat that takes customers there. Never been, but Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review of her visit to Passion island a couple of years ago linked in her signature

I am also having to decide between Sanchos and Paradise Beach. While I might have a drink, my husband would have more. He would snorkel and I wouldn't. We both enjoy a good meal. I appreciate reading your comments. I still have a while to decide. We don't go till Christmas.

I am also having to decide between Sanchos and Paradise Beach. While I might have a drink, my husband would have more. He would snorkel and I wouldn't. We both enjoy a good meal. I appreciate reading your comments. I still have a while to decide. We don't go till Christmas.

If neither of you are into water trampolines etc Palancar sounds more what you are looking for, or if an actual beach isn’t important Money Bar.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old question, but I am having the same dilemna. My group of 5 going to be in Cozumel in March 2023 with 7 ships in port that day. A 60+ year old couple, two 30+ year olds, and a 17 year old teenage boy.  For this 60 year old, I just enjoy a relaxing beach and maybe a little snorkeling, my husband and 30+ year old son aren't swimmers, so it would be nice to have some other things for them to do besides just lay on the beach, 30 year old daughter would enjoy laying on the beach, snorkeling, and other water activities. The 17-year old would really love the inflatables, plus other activities, especially if there were other teens around. Everytime I read about one or the other of these beaches I am swayed that direction until I read something about the other one. I don't mind paying for AI to secure a spot, but 3 or the 4 of us might have 2 drinks and the 4th would probably only have one. Probably only a couple of us would be interested in the inflatables. Then I also read about Chankanaab, which also sounds amazing due to being able to "swim" with dolphins at the same place and some other nature. So confused! Would love some input to help me make the decision.  

Edited by mscloyd
misspelling

9 hours ago, mscloyd said:

I know this is an old question, but I am having the same dilemna. My group of 5 going to be in Cozumel in March 2023 with 7 ships in port that day. A 60+ year old couple, two 30+ year olds, and a 17 year old teenage boy.  For this 60 year old, I just enjoy a relaxing beach and maybe a little snorkeling, my husband and 30+ year old son aren't swimmers, so it would be nice to have some other things for them to do besides just lay on the beach, 30 year old daughter would enjoy laying on the beach, snorkeling, and other water activities. The 17-year old would really love the inflatables, plus other activities, especially if there were other teens around. Everytime I read about one or the other of these beaches I am swayed that direction until I read something about the other one. I don't mind paying for AI to secure a spot, but 3 or the 4 of us might have 2 drinks and the 4th would probably only have one. Probably only a couple of us would be interested in the inflatables. Then I also read about Chankanaab, which also sounds amazing due to being able to "swim" with dolphins at the same place and some other nature. So confused! Would love some input to help me make the decision.  

We love Mr. Sanchos and everybody we recommend it to loves it.  You have so much to do at the club.  Great fun foods nice variety (and waiter service or self service), drinks and excellent service.  Even some entertainment.   For additional fee's so many water "toys" motor and non motorized available.  Interesting shopping.  A spa is also available.  The beach is beautiful as are the pools. 

My only negative comment is that they allow smoking.  If they continue to allow, should have a special area for those who smoke as even outside the smoke travels. Not interested in a dolphin swim and never went to Cankanaab.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I just read through this thread and I'm wondering if anyone knows the current cost for Paradise. Their website says the cost is $64 for all inclusive, but earlier posts said you could enter for $3 to just use the beach and pool. Does anyone who has recently been there know if the latter option is still available? If you are not on the AI is there an additional charge to use loungers and umbrellas?

9 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I just read through this thread and I'm wondering if anyone knows the current cost for Paradise. Their website says the cost is $64 for all inclusive, but earlier posts said you could enter for $3 to just use the beach and pool. Does anyone who has recently been there know if the latter option is still available? If you are not on the AI is there an additional charge to use loungers and umbrellas?

The information is even more difficult to find on the new website, and it was bad enough before!

It is under the “Helpful information” tag on drop down menu, several psges.

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers.

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The information is even more difficult to find on the new website, and it was bad enough before!

It is under the “Helpful information” tag on drop down menu, several psges.

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers.

I really appreciate your pointing this out! You need to dig a bit to find that question. I'm assuming it's $10 plus the chair and umbrella rental, and that's ok with us. Thanks for your help!

I clarified with Paradise Beach. In case anyone needs the info: 

Our A la carte option is only offered if we have space available that day. It includes the use of our facilities (Including the rental of lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, use of the pool, and free Wi-Fi). We only charge $10 USD per person AND a $10 USD minimum consumption fee on F&B. We don’t take reservations for this option, and there are only a limited amount of a la carte tickets available per day. A la carte tickets are honored on a first come, first served basis.

The FUN PASS is an additional $18 USD per person and includes unlimited playtime with our famous water park, kayaks, water hammocks and stand-up paddle boards. Also includes snorkel rental. 

To secure your spot, we highly recommend booking in advance by booking the EXCLUSIVE ALL-INCLUSIVE. We are offering the “FALL IN PARADISE” promotion on our EXCLUSIVE ALL-INCLUSIVE F&B. Reservations can be made on our website using this link paradisebeachcozumel.com

Adults: $59usd (regular price $64usd)

Teens (12-17): $45usd

Kids (5-11): $39usd

Kids (0-4): FREE

When booking our Exclusive All-Inclusive F&B the Fun Pass is just an additional $10usd per person and can be added on your arrival.

• Thanks 1

This is going to be a dumb question as I have never been to Mr Sanchos before, but we will be there in January. How do you tip the waiters who take care of you? If you pay for the all inclusive, you don't have to pay "per drink"...do we just slip them a $20 bill at the end of the day....or give a couple $$$ per drink?  Or can we prepay a tip when we get there?

We will be in Coz on Christmas Day. We have been to Paradise twice, but for that day they seem to only be offering the All Inclusive. It's not a huge thing, but I have a group of 12 (1 18 yo and 8 true "adults) and there are 3 people in the adult category who don't drink alcohol.  The minors are 14, 11 and 8. Is Sanchos on ly AI? Thinking maybe Planacar?

Edited by gratamama

18 hours ago, gratamama said:

We will be in Coz on Christmas Day. We have been to Paradise twice, but for that day they seem to only be offering the All Inclusive. It's not a huge thing, but I have a group of 12 (1 18 yo and 8 true "adults) and there are 3 people in the adult category who don't drink alcohol.  The minors are 14, 11 and 8. Is Sanchos on ly AI? Thinking maybe Planacar?

We also are light drinkers, however the food and amenities are worth the cost.  Place is very comfortable with great service.

Went to Paradise Beach on Oct 4th and was informed upon arrival that the pool was closed due to ongoing repair.  They claimed to have sent an email informing about the closure but one was never received.   I would have cancelled for a refund if this had been known ahead of time.   The experience was OK but we will not be going back. 

2 hours ago, fresnel468 said:

Went to Paradise Beach on Oct 4th and was informed upon arrival that the pool was closed due to ongoing repair. 

Thank you very much! That helped me strike Paradise off my list.  I'll be going in Dec with a large group, so we're just trying to find a good all-inclusive that has other things to do besides sit at a beach and eat and drink.

3 hours ago, fresnel468 said:

Went to Paradise Beach on Oct 4th and was informed upon arrival that the pool was closed due to ongoing repair.  They claimed to have sent an email informing about the closure but one was never received.   I would have cancelled for a refund if this had been known ahead of time.   The experience was OK but we will not be going back. 

Did you get a discount? That would have annoyed me.

Mr. Sanchos is one of the best shore x's of all.  Not ship sponsored, but it is great.  We have been their at least 5 times- never disappoints.  We once tried another beach club once practically next door- it was a great disappointment.  Sticking with Mr. Sanchos!

Edited by Cruise a holic