Does the minimum Move Up bid change closer to Sailing

traveltomorrow

I'm booked for an inside room on the Summit Nov 5. The minimum bid for a Veranda right now is $70 pp.  There appears to be a lot of verandas still available for that sailing.  

I've read stories on CC about minimum $50 bids.  Does Celebrity usually lower the minimum bid right before sailing? Or, is $70 probably the lowest it will go? Not expecting to be in the room much so I'm "hemming and hawing" over $140 but would place a bid at $100 total.

If you aren’t planning on being in the cabin much then why would you want to pay any more for a different category?   It was the category  you were comfortable with at the price you wanted to pay. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We are on the 11/19 Summit and I won a veranda (from inside gty) with the $70/pp minimum. Was just notified yesterday. No other category was "on sale" and the minimum never went lower than that.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

The probability of winning with a minimum bid is very low.

There's often an abundance of insides/OV/veranda which can be won with a minimum assuming it's not near full capacity.  Not really sure about concierge but was on the Milli recently where we were at 40% capacity and was told that AQ and suites were all sold out. 

1 minute ago, traveltomorrow said:

Thanks for the replies.  I checked this afternoon to see if anything changed and upgrades were no longer available. They must close it 2 days before sailing. I'm happy to keep what I have and just super excited to get away for a bit.

Please let us know on here if you win or not, generally they'll email you and for many it goes into spam so keep your eye on that.  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There's often an abundance of insides/OV/veranda which can be won with a minimum assuming it's not near full capacity.  Not really sure about concierge but was on the Milli recently where we were at 40% capacity and was told that AQ and suites were all sold out. 

Inside and OV yes.  They typically start dropping the price for a veranda for those cruises that are not as popular when you are under 60 days and a lot are available.  Also, they can give hefty discounts to in state residents.  While it does happen, I believe that low bids rarely win veranda.

48 minutes ago, traveltomorrow said:

Thanks for the replies.  I checked this afternoon to see if anything changed and upgrades were no longer available. They must close it 2 days before sailing. I'm happy to keep what I have and just super excited to get away for a bit.

They send out rejections at48 hours prior to Boarding time.    This is due to them having to issue the final manifest to CBC at 48 hours.      I once got a gratis upgrade the night before but had to use my original Boarding Pass and had to manually change my luggage tag.  Somethings like the name on the TV never got fixed... showed all 4 of us in the room. 

• Like 2

IMO I would bid the minimum for a sky suite.  The experience is worthwhile.  You get access to a great lounge and Luminae the restaurant is superior.  You also have priority  boarding, seating etc.  The cabin is so much more comfortable. More storage-   While others might disagree, spending time in your cabin is worth it.  In a great cabin, you can enjoy breakfast on the balcony, drinks and snacks and concierge assisting you.  

If your budget permits, do it!  You will not regret it.