Magic Carpet Sky Suites - connecting cabin info

RoperDK

I am new to Celebrity, but not to cruising.  We booked Magic Carpet Sky Suite 8210 on the Ascent.  It is an end suite with the window that faces forward on the balcony.  It is a connecting cabin and when I booked they told me that the connecting door was not in the cabin, but in a vestibule.  The deck plan does not show the vestibule.  I realize that the Ascent isn't completed yet, but can someone that has cruised on other E-class ships reassure me that I won't have a connecting door inside the cabin?  Also, can anyone share any words of wisdom about the Magic Carpet suites.  The price was too good to pass up!   

39 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

reassure me that I won't have a connecting door inside the cabin?  

They don't do that any more---they're vestibular (is that a word???) or connected by double doors in the hallway.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFamily said:

but what is a magic carpet suite? 

The 4 cabins located between the orange pillars of the MC.  And yes, when the MC is moving, one can see into your balcony/cabin---although people are not on it when moving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwlane said:

The 4 cabins located between the orange pillars of the MC.  And yes, when the MC is moving, one can see into your balcony/cabin---although people are not on it when moving.

They aren’t on it during the tender? 
I would consider this cabin if it’s discounted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFamily said:

I understand the concept of the Magic Carpet, but what is a magic carpet suite? Does this mean your IV cabin experience will be interrupted when the MC moves up and down? Would you have strangers peering into your room? 

Since I've never been in one, I can only comment on what I have seen during my research.  The Magic Carpet doesn't move very often but when it does it will interrupt your view for about a minute.  There are no people onboard, so no privacy issues.  I have heard that there is minimal noise as it moves past your cabin.  It is a regular balcony. Larger than other Sky Suites, but with the beam blocking your view somewhat.  The end suites have a window on the balcony with views either forward or aft.  For us, the price was several thousand dollars less than the S1 Sky Suites.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GreenFamily said:

I understand the concept of the Magic Carpet, but what is a magic carpet suite? Does this mean your IV cabin experience will be interrupted when the MC moves up and down? Would you have strangers peering into your room? 

They are traditional balconies because they are Sky Suites.  There are never people on the Magic Carpet when it moves.  Your view would just be very temporarily blocked when it moves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Uh oh, it appears in this video that the end suites connect within the cabin! 😟 This is not what the booking agent told us.  This video is on the Edge.  Did they change this configuration on the later E class ships?  

I had one of these cabins on Edge - the 1st one from the bow. I liked having the window to see forward, which is a glass porthole in the wall. We were able to have breakfast out there one morning when it was raining without getting wet because of that wall/window. Some people complain about the big orange thing that obstructs some of the view but I loved this cabin and would book it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

I had one of these cabins on Edge - the 1st one from the bow. I liked having the window to see forward, which is a glass porthole in the wall. We were able to have breakfast out there one morning when it was raining without getting wet because of that wall/window. Some people complain about the big orange thing that obstructs some of the view but I loved this cabin and would book it again.

Was yours a connecting cabin?  If so, was the connecting door in the cabin?  Did you have any noise issue?

27 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Uh oh, it appears in this video that the end suites connect within the cabin! 😟 This is not what the booking agent told us.  This video is on the Edge.  Did they change this configuration on the later E class ships?  

The inside has the hallway and the balcony has a door in the suite. Re watch the video. It is not very clear, but he talks about it in the very beginning.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

This video better explains the options. The deck plan should mirror the Beyond. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The inside has the hallway and the balcony has a door in the suite. Re watch the video. It is not very clear, but he talks about it in the very beginning.

The video talks about the middle Magic Carpet Suites connecting to an inside cabin through a hallway as you describe.  But then he talks about the outer Magic Carpet Suites connecting to an IV cabin next door and he points out the door which is clearly inside the cabin.  Just looking at deck plans, I don't think all of the outer Magic Carpet Suites connect to an IV, just some of them.

Edited by prmssk
  • Thanks 1

Well, as luck would have it, I just checked pricing on our cruise and the S1 cabins were $800 less than the Magic Carpet Suites today.  Needless to say I rebooked in the S1!  Two days ago, the S1 was $2500 more than the Magic Carpet Suite.  Since we are new to Celebrity, I am confused by the pricing swings but will definitely roll with the flow, lol.

• Like 1

I guess it is a moot point for you, now.  But just for others reading this, let me say that we were in the forward Magic Carpet Sky Suite (Cabin 7194) on Apex in May, and I can 100% assure you that on Apex, the door to the connecting IV cabin is not inside the Sky Suite.  It is in the vestibule between the public hallway and the door to the Sky Suite.  If you had both cabins booked, you could prop open the Sky Suite door and wander back and forth between the SS and the IV cabins.  But if someone else has booked the IV cabin, they would have access to the common vestibule, but there is no door linking the IV cabin directly into the SS.  By the way, I believe that the IV cabin also has its own outside door directly into the hallway.  So if unrelated guests occupy the two cabins, there is no reason why the IV guests would ever have to go into the vestibule.

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Was yours a connecting cabin?  If so, was the connecting door in the cabin?  Did you have any noise issue?

It was just like the video where you went thru the first door into a hallway and the inside cabin was to the side and the suite was straight ahead. So basically you had to use your key twice to get into your cabin. It wasn't an issue for me but I'm guessing if you REALLY had to use the bathroom it may slow you down a second or two.

If there was anyone in that cabin, we never saw or heard them. We also never heard a sound from the hallway. No slamming doors, carts going by, people talking. Nothing, was nice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TFree said:

By the way, I believe that the IV cabin also has its own outside door directly into the hallway.  So if unrelated guests occupy the two cabins, there is no reason why the IV guests would ever have to go into the vestibule.

Tom & Judy

I'm pretty sure the only door into that cabin is the one in the vestible.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 2:56 PM, TFree said:

I guess it is a moot point for you, now.  But just for others reading this, let me say that we were in the forward Magic Carpet Sky Suite (Cabin 7194) on Apex in May, and I can 100% assure you that on Apex, the door to the connecting IV cabin is not inside the Sky Suite.  It is in the vestibule between the public hallway and the door to the Sky Suite.  If you had both cabins booked, you could prop open the Sky Suite door and wander back and forth between the SS and the IV cabins.  But if someone else has booked the IV cabin, they would have access to the common vestibule, but there is no door linking the IV cabin directly into the SS.  By the way, I believe that the IV cabin also has its own outside door directly into the hallway.  So if unrelated guests occupy the two cabins, there is no reason why the IV guests would ever have to go into the vestibule.

Tom & Judy

@TFree Hello Tom,

We just booked this exact stateroom for our Norwegian Fjords cruise in May 2024.  What did you think of this stateroom, would you book it again?  Do you happen to have any pictures you could share?  This is our second Celebrity cruise and first suite so we are excited to try cruising in a suite.

38 minutes ago, micday3 said:

@TFree Hello Tom,

We just booked this exact stateroom for our Norwegian Fjords cruise in May 2024.  What did you think of this stateroom, would you book it again?  Do you happen to have any pictures you could share?  This is our second Celebrity cruise and first suite so we are excited to try cruising in a suite.

Yes. In a heartbeat. For our B2B sailings, the S3 (Magic Carpet Sky Suite) seemed like a better value, and we never regretted the choice. The main issues some people mention are the Magic Carpet moving up or down past the cabin occasionally, and the big orange post at the corner of the balcony. Neither one bothered us in the least. I will add a couple of pictures to this response. 

Tom & Judy

IMG_1345.jpeg

c2bf458b-7d2f-4d2f-a8ef-ec54ce28e23c.jpeg

abe1d2c3-796e-4cd9-8c80-934932160b8e.jpeg

45468d02-f51b-4dd7-ad6c-bca2f146b60c.jpeg

57f8ae55-ac3f-4543-8a14-9423da041e82.jpeg

• Like 2

We stayed in one on the Beyond. The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom opened into the room by the bed, not the hallway. I like to leave the bathroom door open at night for the night light. The balcony is deeper so it can fit chairs and a lounger. We booked an end MC suite in November. I wiil say that if you get one of those cabins you lose some privacy since people above you off to the side can see you if you are sitting by that window. The price difference between the MC and Sky suite makes it worth it. We never saw the Magic Carpet go up and down, It does that between 5:30pm and 6pm and we were on our way to dinner. I think as more people realize that there is no real in-room connecting door, these cabins are going to be booked more frequently just for the savings alone. I had to explain to our TA how these were configured.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:46 PM, newtampagirl said:

We stayed in one on the Beyond. The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom opened into the room by the bed, not the hallway. I like to leave the bathroom door open at night for the night light. The balcony is deeper so it can fit chairs and a lounger. We booked an end MC suite in November. I wiil say that if you get one of those cabins you lose some privacy since people above you off to the side can see you if you are sitting by that window. The price difference between the MC and Sky suite makes it worth it. We never saw the Magic Carpet go up and down, It does that between 5:30pm and 6pm and we were on our way to dinner. I think as more people realize that there is no real in-room connecting door, these cabins are going to be booked more frequently just for the savings alone. I had to explain to our TA how these were configured.

I do believe on some floors some of those Magic Carpet cabins DO have interior connecting doors. If you pull up the floor plans, it’s clear some do, some don’t. The video posted a few responses up in this thread confirms it.