New Menus?

ready2cruzagain

I was on the Divina last month and the menus were different than Meraviglia in January. They seemed to have a few more entree options that were trying to appeal to American tastes - Chicken & Waffles, Pulled Pork BBQ Mac & Cheese, Jack Daniels Short Ribs, Meatloaf, Shrimp & Grits, etc.

I didn’t take any pictures or I would load them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I was on the Divina last month and the menus were different than Meraviglia in January. They seemed to have a few more entree options that were trying to appeal to American tastes - Chicken & Waffles, Pulled Pork BBQ Mac & Cheese, Jack Daniels Short Ribs, Meatloaf, Shrimp & Grits, etc.

I didn’t take any pictures or I would load them. 

Will definitely be disappointed if they go that route, I can get those items at home. As long as they keep their unique items I would be happy but left Carnival when their menus offered fried chicken, meatloaf, etc and looked like the Golden Coral

• Like 2

Don't really know how different these menus of one night, Gala night, are from previous months on board the Seashore October 8 to 15, 2022 sailing. We just noticed that the YC added two very popular desserts to the repertoire, NY cheese cake and Grandma's chocolate cake. Below is a comparison between YC and MDR on same night.

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Don't really know how different these menus of one night, Gala night, are from previous months on board the Seashore October 8 to 15, 2022 sailing. We just noticed that the YC added two very popular desserts to the repertoire, NY cheese cake and Grandma's chocolate cake. Below is a comparison between YC and MDR on same night.

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

Is the surf and turf extra cost? We go on a 8 day in Dec on Seascape. I love Lobster.

1 hour ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Is the surf and turf extra cost? We go on a 8 day in Dec on Seascape. I love Lobster.

This is the Yacht Club menu.  There is no upcharge in YC.  I think I read it was $20 in the regular dining rooms.

1 hour ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

That was the same Gala Night menu on Divina last month. No extra charge for Surf & Turf. A man at my table had 6 lobster tails, but no filet mignon.

On non-gala nights, lobster was $ 19.99.

• Like 1

This is YC Menu Divina last month. Gala Night.

Many were disappointed at limited choices.

Snails were very good. Entrees not very good, kitchen was having serious issues. YC restaurant manager stressed and had to make the Crepe Suzette on top of that.  

E34419EB-1C85-4C1B-BDDF-0A68A06FB302.jpeg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phissy said:

This is YC Menu Divina last month. Gala Night.

Many were disappointed at limited choices.

Snails were very good. Entrees not very good, kitchen was having serious issues. YC restaurant manager stressed and had to make the Crepe Suzette on top of that.  

E34419EB-1C85-4C1B-BDDF-0A68A06FB302.jpeg

We went with starters and desserts last week.  I really enjoyed the snails, the bleu cheese soufflé and the Crêpes Suzette!

Edited by JAGR

6 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Your question is a good one. I know from experience that in the Yacht Club everything we ever ordered was complimentary (aside from the tip). However the question remains in the MDR. I reposted the Gala Night MDR menu again below and noticed asterisks * after the Rack of Lamb and Surf and Turf. Went down to the very bottom line and got out a magnifying glass. It reads ' Prices are subject to change, your check may reflect applicable VAT for additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.' 

Whatever that means ? Confusing......

IMG_2252.jpeg.b35cc34d25262542fe84829028d58170.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Your question is a good one. I know from experience that in the Yacht Club everything we ever ordered was complimentary (aside from the tip). However the question remains in the MDR. I reposted the Gala Night MDR menu again below and noticed asterisks * after the Rack of Lamb and Surf and Turf. Went down to the very bottom line and got out a magnifying glass. It reads ' Prices are subject to change, your check may reflect applicable VAT for additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.' 

Whatever that means ? Confusing......

I believe the asterisks refer to Public Health advisory regarding the cooking of meat

• Like 1

We were on Divina in October (during Irma) and it was the new dinner menu that now includes “daily favorites,” salmon was delicious, it was also the first time we had Lobster elegant night on an MSC ship, also shrimp cocktail had large shrimp which was also delicious. MSC burgers at buffet not great but the burger on the lunch menu is one of the best burgers we have ever had. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruzlover said:

I believe the asterisks refer to Public Health advisory regarding the cooking of meat

Yes, of course. But here is another menu posted from another site and there is an asterisk in the fine print on the last line bottom left about Prices..... Is this in preparation of things to come. Just yesterday, Carnival announced that after the second entree there will be a $5 charge per entree.?????? But this fine print "Prices" is not found on any YC menu..

312845359_5804347612937684_2257615836739928054_n.jpg