Balance to pay gone down

*Fudge*

22 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Does this happen sometimes?  I logged on to the website and my balance has reduced a little, I booked in the U.K. if that makes a difference 🤔 thank you. 

This happened to us just before final payment.  Somehow the system deleted our insurance  - if you have calculated the decrease compare it with your confirmation. Our CVP didn't know why or how.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Port fees and taxes sometimes go down closer to the sailing.

Port fees /taxes change often but they are not adjusted them up or down after booking and paying the deposit, unless you refare your cruise.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Port fees /taxes change often but they are not adjusted them up or down after booking and paying the deposit, unless you refare your cruise.

Really? On Disney, if they go down, you're refunded the difference if you're already paid in full or your balance goes down if you haven't PIF yet; if they increase, Disney eats the difference.

I figured refunding a difference automatically was standard procedure.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

10 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Really? On Disney, if they go down, you're refunded the difference if you're already paid in full or your balance goes down if you haven't PIF yet; if they increase, Disney eats the difference.

I figured refunding a difference automatically was standard procedure.

When port fees were a separate line item from taxes and a port was cancelled then during the sailing your port fee was refunded.  A few years ago port fees and taxes were combined into  into 1 line item.

Once your booking is deposited if the combined port fees and taxes increase your price is not increased and conversely if they drop you don't get a reduction.  Seems it works out in the long run.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When port fees were a separate line item from taxes and a port was cancelled then during the sailing your port fee was refunded.  A few years ago port fees and taxes were combined into  into 1 line item.

Once your booking is deposited if the combined port fees and taxes increase your price is not increased and conversely if they drop you don't get a reduction.  Seems it works out in the long run.

Hmm. Another reason to just do another X cruise to use up the deposit I was stupid enough to make non-refundable and never sail on them again.

• 2 weeks later...