Finished Anthem of the Seas Cruise, ask me whatever questions you have

I just did Anthem of the Seas 8 day cruise from 10/29 - 11/6 out of Bayonne which had stops in Port Canaveral, Coco Cay, Nassau and Miami. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have about the ship. Some notes.

1) I had ocean view room so if you want to know about balcony level or above I am not the person to answer.

2) I did not purchase VOOM internet plan so no answers for that.

3) I did not purchase Unlimited Dining Plan and I did not eat in any specialty restaurants so no answers for you on those.

4) I did purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package so I can answer plenty on that!!!!

I will simply say other than the long hiccup that occurred with the immigration process in Miami this was a great cruise. 

21 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

I just did Anthem of the Seas 8 day cruise from 10/29 - 11/6 out of Bayonne which had stops in Port Canaveral, Coco Cay, Nassau and Miami. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have about the ship. Some notes.

1) I had ocean view room so if you want to know about balcony level or above I am not the person to answer.

2) I did not purchase VOOM internet plan so no answers for that.

3) I did not purchase Unlimited Dining Plan and I did not eat in any specialty restaurants so no answers for you on those.

4) I did purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package so I can answer plenty on that!!!!

I will simply say other than the long hiccup that occurred with the immigration process in Miami this was a great cruise. 

We leave on this one (minus Miami) in two weeks.   We are not doing any specialty dining this trip either.  How was the food in the Main Dining Room?  Also, what did you do at the Port Canaveral stop?  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are they serving traditional breakfast and lunch in MDR or did they do a brunch that was being done on some ships this summer?

Traditional breakfast and lunch in American Icon.  I found the service at these meals to be slow.  There is also mini buffet breakfast in Silk.  We found it to be more relaxing than either WJ or traditional sit down in American Icon.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

We leave on this one (minus Miami) in two weeks.   We are not doing any specialty dining this trip either.  How was the food in the Main Dining Room?  Also, what did you do at the Port Canaveral stop?  Thanks. 

I enjoyed the food in MDR, Escargot appetizer is really good. Lobster night of course was great. We ended up staying on ship for Port Canaveral. I would say 85% of the people did as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are they serving traditional breakfast and lunch in MDR or did they do a brunch that was being done on some ships this summer?

There was no brunch menu. MDR has 2 types of breakfast. One side was ala carte off their menu and another side was a small buffet. They also had lunch in MDR on sea days. We did it one time and I got Mediterranean Lamb Pita which was great!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

We're on the Nov 13 sailing.

Who was playing in the Schooner Bar, and who is the Music Hall band?

Thanks.

I forget the dude's name who was playing piano at Schooner Bar but he was very good, I remember he was from Sheffield England. We checked him out a couple times. He basically played there almost every night. I want to say it was The Dukes who played at Music Hall but that may have been towards the end.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

There was no brunch menu. MDR has 2 types of breakfast. One side was ala carte off their menu and another side was a small buffet. They also had lunch in MDR on sea days. We did it one time and I got Mediterranean Lamb Pita which was great!

Thank you.  Happy to hear they still have traditional lunch as well as the addition of the mini buffet in Silk. 😀 That was not available earlier this year.

8 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I love the lamb pita too!

10 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I forget the dude's name who was playing piano at Schooner Bar but he was very good, I remember he was from Sheffield England. We checked him out a couple times. He basically played there almost every night. I want to say it was The Dukes who played at Music Hall but that may have been towards the end.

In addition to the Dukes, there were a couple of appearances by a Bon Jovi tribute band, but I do not recall the name of that band.