Port Canaveral Transportation

Lets Cruise!!

Royal has a shuttle, we used it last Sunday, no complaints. Our travel agent arranged it while I was on the phone. Around $39 pp I think. I feel sure you can call customer service and do it that way. I printed out the confirmation email just to be safe, but we just walked where we were directed and they had our name on a clipboard, a porter loaded our luggage and off we went. 

We were on the Harmony last month.  Our flight in was the day before and our return flight was late at night.  We rented a car through Avis.  It worked well for us because it gave us the freedom to roam around during our free time both before and after the cruise.  Their office is a few miles away from Port Canaveral but they have a shuttle that runs to and from the terminal.  The biggest negative is that we had about an hour wait on the shuttle on the day we disembarked.  For us that was way better than having to sit around the Orlando airport for ten hours.

We used Cortrans for our first round trip earlier this year. They were excellent. Unfortunately, I waited too long to book for our recent return so no seats were available. We ended up with Port-to-Port Shuttle. Their pricing was competitive, and they were very nice on the phone, but they were about 20 minutes late picking us up, the van was crowded and the seats were very uncomfortable. 

Just to add in our most recent experience with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We've been using them for about 17 years now! From our first time cruising out of PC in 2005 until this year. It doesn't mean we've used them a ton of times, but still, just to give some context. The first time, was a little shaky, but I think that's because we didn't realize the way they ran their shuttles. Either way, we used them again about 4 more times over the years, then again this last week.

Now, I get it, everyone is saying they're short staffed, they're working in it, they're trying, etc... However, the trip back was the most disorganized thing ever! The signs coming out of the terminal aren't very clear on where shuttles pick up. We were told 3 different places. We had been trying to call CBS since we got off the ship at 8:30, and we finally got through to a person around 9:15. This is when she finally able to tell me the best place to wait. We ended up standing in the stripped crosswalk area in front of the terminal. The van came past us in front of the terminal, we ran over to check with him, but then they loop around to come on the other side where we had been standing. Turned out, there were I think 6-7 other groups also waiting for him, and he was just ONE van. While he was trying to confirm each of our reservations, another driver called me to say he had driven past but didn't see anyone! The different drivers were calling the guy we were standing with, because they didn't know where to pick up! And then some drivers were apparently only doing local drop offs. It was all sorts of confusion and quite frustrating. Even the drivers can't get through to the call center because everyone was calling. Everyone in our van said they got stuck in the call center loop, being sent to some woman's inbox, and another inbox that was full.

So, they really, really need to work on the procedure for picking up at the port! It was the most disorganized mess I've ever seen! And prioritize things, who has what flight and what time, etc... I think we all sort of forced his hand to just take those of us standing there when we ALL said we were going to the airport, nobody was going to a local hotel.

We will most likely try a different company the next time we cruise out of there.