Excursion in Cozumel, Costa Maya or Mahogany Bay

zzmmmommy

Hi!  We are looking for an excursion for any of the following ports: Cozumel, Costa Maya, or Mahogany Bay.  We are looking for something very low key - a simple beach where my older kids could jet ski, but my younger ones could watch from the beach.  Last year we did a beach excursion at Cozumel and we were very disappointed. Our ship docked too late and by the time we got to the beach there were no times left for the jet ski. Also, the beach was dirty and had lots of rocks/shells, we couldn't enjoy the beach.  We should have splurged and gone for the private beach but we can't eat the food so didn't think it was worth it.  Lesson learned.  We don't snorkel or swim with dolphins - we would just love a beach for the younger kids and jet skiing for the big kids.  Simple :).
I have a daughter with special needs so I would like to look at some videos on youtube with her to make sure she would be okay going and show her everything before we get there. The shorter the bus ride the better for her.
Any suggestions at any of the ports we are going to?  Thank you!

Check Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Not sure I’ve seen jet ski rentals in Costa Maya or at Mahogany Bay. We love Maya Chan in Costa Maya, if you want all-inclusive. Otherwise, try Krazy Lobster. The free beach at the port in Mahogany Bay is excellent.

• Like 1

The Mahogany bay cruise center has a beach attached to it. You can walk there for free or take the chair lift.. they have some add on attractions. 

In Cozumel we went to Playa Mia resort.  It was about a.15-20 min ride from the port.  Beach was great, you have a choice of including food or not (we did not because of the times we were in port).

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Check Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Not sure I’ve seen jet ski rentals in Costa Maya or at Mahogany Bay. We love Maya Chan in Costa Maya, if you want all-inclusive. Otherwise, try Krazy Lobster. The free beach at the port in Mahogany Bay is excellent.

I agree with Maya Chan Beach for  an excursion.  It is my favorite excursion ever.

15 hours ago, zzmmmommy said:

Thanks!  How do we get to Infinity Bay or Paradise Beach?

For Infinity Bay we went thru Discover Roatan. Infinity Bay Resort - Day Pass (discoverroatan.net)

And for Paradise Beach we used Shore Excursioneer.  Roatan Paradise Beach Club Day Pass - Roatan Excursions (shoreexcursioneer.com)

Both excursions included transportation and we had great service with both.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:51 PM, DeanDeeDee said:

I agree with Maya Chan Beach for  an excursion.  It is my favorite excursion ever.

Maya Chan is my favorite excursion ever as well, but I'm not sure it meets the OP's criteria. If you just want a relaxing day on the beach with food and drinks included, there is nothing better. But the water tends to be murky and they definitely don't have any jet ski rentals. They do have kayaks and floats.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Krazy Lobster is great in Costa Maya.  About a 15 minute taxi ride and it's very relaxing.  $20 hour long massages on the beach.  Yummy food and drink.  Nets to keep out seagrass.

beach.jpg

view.jpg

massage.jpg

lobster.jpg

How did you book this excursion?

3 hours ago, mtns2sea said:

How did you book this excursion?

I didn't book an excursion.  I went to the taxi stand and got a taxi to The Krazy Lobster ($4 per person) then was walked to a table on the beach.  Basically a DIY.  There are vendors there but I felt they respected my "no thank you" and moved on.  The beach massages were great and at $20 per hour, a bargain!  Lunch was order off the menu.  We split lobster ($20) which had rice, veggies and tortillas.  Yummy margaritas were very smoothly frapped up. Easily got a taxi to take us back to port.  Let me know if you have questions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1