Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

I only have 202 days until my cruise. Will Carnival have assigned me a room by then or will i still be TBA on Venezia ?

Looks like we're booked on the same cruise. I had a cabin for 5 booked on the Magic but it doesn't seem like the Venezia currently has that type of cabin configuration, so I'm still waiting to see how they're going to handle that. 

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

I only have 202 days until my cruise. Will Carnival have assigned me a room by then or will i still be TBA on Venezia ?

198 days until my cruise and i am still TBA

on the magic i was booked in a 1A porthole cabin and the venezia does not have that cabin category. i am wondering what they are going to put me. do they give me a regular interior or a free upgrade to a oceanview?..hmmm 

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

on the magic i was booked in a 1A porthole cabin and the venezia does not have that cabin category. i am wondering what they are going to put me. do they give me a regular interior or a free upgrade to a oceanview?..hmmm 

I hoping you get a Oceanview, but something tells me you'll just get a regular interior 🤷‍♂️

Edited by CarnivalShips480

7 hours ago, WDavis28 said:

Looks like we're booked on the same cruise. I had a cabin for 5 booked on the Magic but it doesn't seem like the Venezia currently has that type of cabin configuration, so I'm still waiting to see how they're going to handle that. 

I hope they can cover that for you. 5 seems like a lot but more the merrier. I have 2 cabins and Carnival has only assigned 1 waiting still on second cabin assignment don’t know how 1 of 2 can be assigned in a 2 room booking. Only next door will be excepted 

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

Well just leave a couple of beers for me where ever they put you please

its been 1 weeks since i got the email that they were still working on this

and its been 2 and half weeks since the released the news of the ship switch

and i am still waiting for my 2 bookings to be updated..i hate this tba nonsense

Our TA told us that we're now a guarantee.  Problem is that there are half the number of suites on this ship as there were on magic.  For our situation, the new ship only has two cabins of this class that can hold four passengers on the new ship. There isn't anything that would be an upgrade on this ship from suite either.  I feel like Carnival is waiting to see if there are cancellations.  I'm afraid we're going to show up and get downgraded with just an apology.  No idea how a refund would look given that this is a reschedule from a covid cruise using a FCC.  TA at this point just keeps telling me it's guaranteed that we'll get our class, I just can't see how it's possible given the actual differences between the two ships.

Edited by detroitavant

5 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Where did you see that?

Go on Carnival.com and then click on “Explore” then click on “Our Ships’. Next select The Venezia and you can also click on ViSta. It has the cruise ships comparisons. When you click on the outdoor options it shows that vista already has the skyride but for Venezia it says “Coming Soon”. It also says Coming soon for Waterworks. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, detroitavant said:

Our TA told us that we're now a guarantee.  Problem is that there are half the number of suites on this ship as there were on magic.  For our situation, the new ship only has two cabins of this class that can hold four passengers on the new ship. There isn't anything that would be an upgrade on this ship from suite either.  I feel like Carnival is waiting to see if there are cancellations.  I'm afraid we're going to show up and get downgraded with just an apology.  No idea how a refund would look given that this is a reschedule from a covid cruise using a FCC.  TA at this point just keeps telling me it's guaranteed that we'll get our class, I just can't see how it's possible given the actual differences between the two ships.

That’s a wrong approach they are taking if they are hoping for cancellations because people are still booking. Will have less options as times go by  unless they are going to make suites unavailable for booking if anyone cancels. 

10 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

That’s a wrong approach they are taking if they are hoping for cancellations because people are still booking. Will have less options as times go by  unless they are going to make suites unavailable for booking if anyone cancels. 

i have a crazy theory that they reason why they are not assigning rooms is because they want everyone to be TBA so they can not submit any price drops, allows them to hold onto our money even longer before we submit for price reductions

Edited by shof515
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i have a crazy theory that they reason why they are not assigning rooms is because they want everyone to be TBA so they can not submit any price drops, allows them to hold onto our money even longer before we submit for price reductions

That could be the case. Many people wanted to get on the Cyber deal but could not. My original bookings were cheaper than the cyber or Black Friday deals so I am not angry about missing it. 

7 hours ago, detroitavant said:

I don't understand why your TA (or mine or anybody) who hasn't been assigned yet, can't just call and get a room! What are they doing? They have whole categories of rooms unavailable that still had plenty of rooms open the day before they took the Magic offline. Why aren't they letting people book those rooms and why won't they assign rooms that have an exact match from Magic to Venezia? This is the most bizarre, nonsensical thing I have ever seen. Rooms that don't match should be upgraded. Period. I was part of a ship swap some years back and none of this happened. By the time the ship was moved, I had a new room #. And in that case, I went from a booked grand scenic to a ship that didn't have those. So they moved me to a balcony. It was literally a day. I don't understand what they are doing!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

Go on Carnival.com and then click on “Explore” then click on “Our Ships’. Next select The Venezia and you can also click on ViSta. It has the cruise ships comparisons. When you click on the outdoor options it shows that vista already has the skyride but for Venezia it says “Coming Soon”. It also says Coming soon for Waterworks. 

Venezia is not getting the Skyride, it shows a blue “X”, not “Coming Soon”. 

DBA28B38-565C-46B8-B17C-253763049689.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Venezia is not getting the Skyride, it shows a blue “X”, not “Coming Soon”. 

DBA28B38-565C-46B8-B17C-253763049689.jpeg

I could have sworn it said coming soon when I checked. lol. I guess I looked in the wrong row. At least the Waterworks is coming which my kids will enjoy.

Finally got our room swap done earlier, but only because my TA called and spoke to a supervisor. Same room type we had only on the lido deck, which is fine. Don't understand why it was like pulling teeth getting it done. Glad that's over. I honestly don't think anyone will get anywhere unless they call and are persistent. Good luck if you're still waiting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Finally got our room swap done earlier, but only because my TA called and spoke to a supervisor. Same room type we had only on the lido deck, which is fine. Don't understand why it was like pulling teeth getting it done. Glad that's over. I honestly don't think anyone will get anywhere unless they call and are persistent. Good luck if you're still waiting. 

I’m happy to hear that you got yours. At least that’s progress. I tried calling a few times but to no avail. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

same problem me. i booked directly with carnival. whenever i call, there is no one to help me and told me to keep waiting

very horrible customer service overall

I just cant comprehend what is taking them so long. If Carnival is waiting on cancellations don't people need a room assignment before cancelling? I know 1 person in this thread has already said they are going to cancel for a Journey cruise at a cheaper cost.  

• Like 1