Sharing Half Moon Cay with a charter cruise?

AryMay

I have discovered that on a port stop at Half Moon Cay (we are on the Zaandam) the Nieuw Statendam will also be there with a sold out ship for the Legendary Rhythm and Blues cruise. Will the fact that this is a charter cruise anyway impact our visit other than the island being more crowded than usual?

The reason I ask...a few years ago we were at Amber Cove on the Nieuw Amsterdam at the same time as a chartered Carnival ship. Our plan for the day was to just enjoy the pool but found out once we got there that the pool was reserved for the charter guests only and we were not allowed in. 

I am wondering if there will be areas off-limit to us at Half Moon Cay? Will the food service on shore be combined for the two ships or will we be segregated?

I was hoping that the Zaandam may arrive first (so we can get our favorite spots in the shade! 😉) but since the charter cruise is not listed on the HAL website, I'm not sure what time their arrival is scheduled.

If they were to have a gig on HMC during the day then that area may be out of bounds to you.  Don't know how they would handle it unless they used the pirate ship for the gig.

Usually it is shared bbq dining as there is only one facility.

51 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

They are due to arrive at 8am.

Fri. 2/3: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas | 8a-3:30p | Casual Night
Keep it casual as we enjoy our last night together!

Thanks. As of now our port times are 8 am to 3 pm. 

I have done at least 10 LRBC cruises. I can tell you there will be nothing closed or out of bounds.

Often one or two of the bands will set up at the pirate ship.or the stay here forever bar. 

We have shared stops in Tortola, and bands are set up at margaritaville. 

The guests on the other ships got caught up dancing and having fun where a some from the other ship nearly missed their sail away time 🤣

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, sun~ said:

I have done at least 10 LRBC cruises. I can tell you there will be nothing closed or out of bounds.

Often one or two of the bands will set up at the pirate ship.or the stay here forever bar. 

We have shared stops in Tortola, and bands are set up at margaritaville. 

The guests on the other ships got caught up dancing and having fun where a some from the other ship nearly missed their sail away time 🤣

Thanks! Sounds like I was concerned for nothing. In fact, our day at Half Moon Cay may end up better with the bonus music! 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:36 PM, albingirl said:

You would only encounter an interesting situation if it was a clothing optional charter.

On Reddit there is a all you want to ask about a swingers-cruise. It's hilarious. Thank God It's not a Carnival or HAL-ship.

Edited by MO7
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 9:02 AM, AryMay said:

Thanks! Sounds like I was concerned for nothing. In fact, our day at Half Moon Cay may end up better with the bonus music! 

You should have a blast!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...