New to Royal - Symphony of the Seas

dchi72

We are new to Royal.  Just a couple of Carnival trips.

We are booking the Symphony of the Seas for a Mediterranean cruise departing from Barcelona.  Looking for hotel recommendations, excursion recommendations, insider tips or anything that you think is important enough to tell me.

Symphony is our FAVORITE ship.  I would highly recommend Chops or even the UDP for your cruise.  We really enjoyed it in August.  Do not miss the diving shows.  They are incredible.  They Broadway production of Hairspray was pretty good but Mama Mia is my favorite (on Allure).  There is something about Abba that just makes me happy.  🙂

Make sure you go down the Ultimate Abyss at least once.  We are considering a Mediterranean this summer just because we love the ship.  You will have a wonderful time!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dchi72 said:

We are booking the Symphony of the Seas for a Mediterranean cruise departing from Barcelona.  Looking for hotel recommendations, excursion recommendations, insider tips or anything that you think is important enough to tell me.

Check out ports of call, Europe, Med, Spain for lots of info and recommendations on BCN and other ports.

We're also on Symphony next Summer.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forum/465-spain-ports/

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, dchi72 said:

Following recommendations from the "spain ports forum", we stayed at Hotel Jazz in Barcelona. It was excellent --

https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/

For tours in Italy we used Joe Banana's tours and Italy tours.eu when the first one was fully booked --

https://www.joebananalimos.net/

https://www.italytours.eu/

I second @sgmn recommendation to look at the "spain ports forum".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dchi72 said:

What ports are you visiting?

Hotel Jazz

You won’t be disappointed.

Pre book Parc Guell allow two to three hours there and Barcelona cathedral Sagrada Familia tickets.

Other ideas

Montjuic cable car.

Hop on Hop off bus

Nou Camp

Aquarium

Montserrat

A flemenco  show

All easy to do on your own by metro or taxi.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, dchi72 said:

You will have a nice dilemma...so much to see and do on the Symphony...and so much to see and do in Europe. Not knowing your ports, I can confidently say it will be "port intensive". (You may need another vacation after)

If it's your first time in Barcelona, please plan on arriving a couple of days before the cruise...again, so much to see and do.

• Like 1