You are looking LIVE... Mardi Gras 11/19 Thanksgiving

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

That dreaded "uber ride from the cruise to the airport" feeling, reminds me of when we were little and mama called us to come home to dinner.

completely agree! I’m actually glad I have a buffer night in Orlando before flying home. Plan on doing very little. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Kyndall just announced this cruise made history with the most pax ever carried by a Carnival ship at 6384

7325168B-EAA7-4B9E-9EA5-16FBC971F038.thumb.jpeg.596ba122d49e3af5d7d0aa4fd0846869.jpeg

Did it feel packed to you? A lot of pictures seem to be lacking lines or people. I know you said the layout really splits people up.

• Like 1

What a great report!   I love your positive spirit and you really make us feel like we are there with you!  I am so glad you are going to do another review on this great ship!  

You missed cold and rainy days here in North Texas and coming home just as the rain stops!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Did it feel packed to you? A lot of pictures seem to be lacking lines or people. I know you said the layout really splits people up.

That’s the big question for sure! A lot of my ship pics were at off peak times to get better shots - and I’m an early riser for sure. 

it all depends on the situation. You’re definitely on a megaship. It’s massive. You feel it. My shins felt like they do in Vegas when I’m walking 10 miles a day (that died down as the week went on and I developed a routine and did less broad exploring). Right before dinner, a big show, peak meal times, etc., you’ll definitely see big crowds. The elevators can be a big challenge at peak times. Embarkation day around 1:30 “cabins ready” time - forget about it. This isn’t a spirit class ship where you can be at capacity and it feels half empty. 

that said, I definitely think the ship design for the most part handles it well. With a little forethought and cruising experience you can manage to avoid most of the crowds, and there are always places you can get away from the hubbub if you’d like. One area they are incredible with on this ship is embark/debark, in PC and at all the ports of call. I’m not sure I ever even stopped walking on or off, and I got off in two out of the three ports the moment we were cleared - that’s usually a huge bottleneck. Not on this ship. 

some of the crowds - like on deck 8 at Pixels yesterday with people waiting til the last day to buy all their photos , or like I said, people all deciding to go to their cabins the second they’re available - those are just rookie mistakes. 

pools felt no more crowded than on any Fantasy, Conquest, Dream, or Vista class ship I’ve sailed. Probably less even. There are a heck of a lot more pools. 

the places with the biggest line issues are all counter service food & drink related. This may be the first cruise I never once went to JavaBlue, and it’s a NICE JavaBlue. Really wanted to try some of the free sandwich options, they looked good! But JB almost always had a big line. That said, if I wanted to go off peak, it wouldn’t have been so bad. I was just more than happy to get the best coffee on the ship at Havana Bar or go up to Bar Della Rosa for whatever I could get at JB. 

Deli and Pizza were also almost always slammed. Putting them right on a major thoroughfare in the Piazza on Deck 8 has ramped the popularity up exponentially. I get that Pizza is always a line (except, of course, on Spirit class), but I’ve made evening deli runs with no or minimal lines a million times. You don’t really see that here because of the prime real estate. The new Italian menu is great though, and going during a port day was a breeze with no line. So again, even with the crazy popular venues, there’s a way. 

• Like 6