You are looking LIVE... Mardi Gras 11/19 Thanksgiving

TxTeach79

Another crowd plus - I was worried RFTB was going to be slammed the whole trip, but I was always able to get a spot. The second level especially, there was always seating. 

Guys Burger Joint always had a huge line, but that’s just the popularity of it. They couldn’t do much more than they did, it’s up on 17 away from the pool and big crowds, it’s a HUGE space…. It’s just that popular! Luckily the line moves fast. 

Never had to wait long for Big Chicken, and the Lido Marketplace was an easy walk up any time. Only time I saw a crowd of any note in there was the standard port day breakfast rush. 

• Like 3

Hi @TxTeach79🙂

Since you'll be sailing on Mardi Gras next month & you enjoyed the 3-deck high (Grand Central) space & everything it had to offer, and you also frequented the (Grand View Bar) within; I wanted to share this tip/reminder with you once more, for your next voyage.

Reminder:

The Grand View Bar makes speciality cocktails inspired by the theme of that evening's entertainment. The specialty cocktails for that evening might not be listed in a menu & you just have to ask the bartender, "What are the cocktails that match tonight's entertainment".

Terrific review Paul, wonderfully done, Bravo!!!!

68-BEAB47-4-C9-F-4277-A989-163490-AFDDBB

ADE71-E8-F-CC3-E-475-A-BE31-434724-A2-C0

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I got that whole album on one of my playlists.  Love the Toots and Maytals version of Start me Up.

ooooh, love Toots. Saw them on a last minute whim at the Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas, it was fantastic 

• Like 1

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Lots of good places to eat there. We love the Boathouse! :classic_cool:

great tip! We’re staying down here a couple nights before the NYE sailing, so I’m scouting it out. Just sat down at Wolfgang Puck’s for lunch 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Want to add, that during the week between Christmas and New Years it will be packed down there. Wherever you decide to eat, make a reservation! :classic_cool:

ohhhhh yeah. We’ve got a few locked in just in case! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Omg. I’m not even supposed to be at the platinum debark lounge for twenty minutes. Just walked off. 

Did you do self assist? How was the whole experience? We’re not plat/Diamond but we do have a suite and are hoping to do self debark in January. Did you struggle to get an elevator? What time did you get off the ship? Im just trying to get an idea. We’re supposed to meet our shuttle at 8:30. 
Thank you so much for your awesome review!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

Did you do self assist? How was the whole experience? We’re not plat/Diamond but we do have a suite and are hoping to do self debark in January. Did you struggle to get an elevator? What time did you get off the ship? Im just trying to get an idea. We’re supposed to meet our shuttle at 8:30. 
Thank you so much for your awesome review!

yes, I did self assist. I just have one very average sized suitcase, so it’s not too tough for me. The elevator was definitely gonna be a big wait. I was leaving my cabin on 14 when Kyndall announced that those doing self assist with muster station A could debark. My letter had said Platinum meeting point was the MG Theater at 7:30, and I just checked time stamps on my pics and she made that announcement at 7:07. When I rounded the corner, the elevator bank was packed, so I carried my bag downstairs to 8. Consider though, it’s a sub 40 pound bag and I’m a pretty big dude, so downstairs was no big deal. YMMV. 

The crazy thing is that the pic I took on the skybridge into the terminal was taken at 7:09, so it took me two minutes to start walking from 14 and right off the ship. 

by 7:24 I was in an Uber, and by 8:20 I was checked in and in my room in Orlando by Disney. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

yes, I did self assist. I just have one very average sized suitcase, so it’s not too tough for me. The elevator was definitely gonna be a big wait. I was leaving my cabin on 14 when Kyndall announced that those doing self assist with muster station A could debark. My letter had said Platinum meeting point was the MG Theater at 7:30, and I just checked time stamps on my pics and she made that announcement at 7:07. When I rounded the corner, the elevator bank was packed, so I carried my bag downstairs to 8. Consider though, it’s a sub 40 pound bag and I’m a pretty big dude, so downstairs was no big deal. YMMV. 

The crazy thing is that the pic I took on the skybridge into the terminal was taken at 7:09, so it took me two minutes to start walking from 14 and right off the ship. 

by 7:24 I was in an Uber, and by 8:20 I was checked in and in my room in Orlando by Disney. 

Thank you!! The timing REALLY helps me! We have 2 kids with us, so although the kids can manage their own luggage they cannot manage down the stairs. So we’ll just plan additional time to wait for the elevators and some extra patience! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Thank you!! The timing REALLY helps me! We have 2 kids with us, so although the kids can manage their own luggage they cannot manage down the stairs. So we’ll just plan additional time to wait for the elevators and some extra patience! 

what deck are y’all on?