30% offer plus C & A discount

Cruiser24

When I talked to an RCL agent this morning to make a booking, I was told that I could not combine my C & A number with the current 30% off offer.  I know this happens occasionally but it seems strange the it’s not combinable with an offer that Royal offers all the time.  Does anyone know if this is true?

51 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

When I talked to an RCL agent this morning to make a booking, I was told that I could not combine my C & A number with the current 30% off offer.  I know this happens occasionally but it seems strange the it’s not combinable with an offer that Royal offers all the time.  Does anyone know if this is true?

I just priced a couple of sailings and I am only getting the 30% offer and a residency rate, no C&A discount.  I just looked at the terms and conditions of the sail and C&A is supposed to be combinable.  There are a lot of sailings that are excluded from the sail though.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/novemberoffer2022/

56 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

It is supposed to however if there is a secondary offer of instant savings or obc then that secondary offer is not combinable with the balcony discount. 

Do a mock booking and arm yourself with the price points.  This morning I did a few mock bookings and got the D+ balcony discount with the so called 30% sale.  Or better yet, call again and speak to a different CS rep.

Call back.  This is with my C&A number entered, AND the 30% off, AND a CA resident discount. They calculate the C&A single supplement discount and I get it or the going promo (30% off), whichever is more of a discount. Booked 3 days ago :

image.thumb.png.3df5d55bc6c730a7a50eec348fb92961.png

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

We booked this promo and received all three discounts: Diamond balcony, NJ resident, and the 30%. Definitely call back. 

D11997EC-9763-4E56-BE98-48AC6D8FCFF7.png

• Like 1

I had a similar experience 3 days ago.  In my case the system attempts to apply the solo discount DP340, but if the promo is more, I get that:  I don't get both.  But, I also got a resident discount and "extra savings" discount of $38.  I don't know if the "extra" was the difference between the solo discount and the 30%, or it might have been a Pinnacle thing.  

You'd think they would just give me the either/or in one line item, but they didn't.  I just gladly take the discounts.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:25 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

It is supposed to however if there is a secondary offer of instant savings or obc then that secondary offer is not combinable with the balcony discount. 

I guess Royal never made the change that was announced a LONG time ago where they were supposed to make things like the instant savings be combinable with the balcony discount   Just saw the Black Friday flyer on a site that can't be named and it's either the balcony discount OR the instant savings

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I guess Royal never made the change that was announced a LONG time ago where they were supposed to make things like the instant savings be combinable with the balcony discount   Just saw the Black Friday flyer on a site that can't be named and it's either the balcony discount OR the instant savings

Seems like they had a short memory

• Haha 1