Ordering wine for cabin

coscab

In reality, the MDR staff don't know or care if you are bringing wine from your cabin or from a bar on the ship.  BTW, if there are no wined glasses in your room, any of the bars will be more than happy to give you an empty glass or two to use.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

In reality, the MDR staff don't know or care if you are bringing wine from your cabin or from a bar on the ship.  BTW, if there are no wined glasses in your room, any of the bars will be more than happy to give you an empty glass or two to use.

Thanks, was hoping they would be in room, good to know.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, coscab said:

Thanks, was hoping they would be in room, good to know.

If you order wine for your room they will bring glasses with the bottles of wine. We did this on our first MSC cruise without issue. 

It should be there, sign in to your cruise and click on beverages packages/purchases, if you scroll under that the various choices should show up, initially it appears that the only choices are the packages but the individual bottles are beneath that. 

15 hours ago, doones2 said:

When can I order a bottle of wine?  My cruise isn’t until May and there doesn’t seem to be any place on their website to order. Is it possible it’s just too early?

7 hours ago, cellfree said:

It should be there, sign in to your cruise and click on beverages packages/purchases, if you scroll under that the various choices should show up, initially it appears that the only choices are the packages but the individual bottles are beneath that. 

I checked.  There is nothing other than the beverage packages which we already have.  Maybe it’s too soon. I’ll keep checking.  Thank you for answering 

Just now, doones2 said:

I checked.  There is nothing other than the beverage packages which we already have.  Maybe it’s too soon. I’ll keep checking.  Thank you for answering 

Quick question, if you already have a package do you still want to purchase bottles of wine?

Just tried again to make sure I had given to right info - signed in, clicked on “beverages” and first the packages came up and as I scrolled down there were various other choices that included bottles of wine. Not sure why it would not be showing up for you. 

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Just tried again to make sure I had given to right info - signed in, clicked on “beverages” and first the packages came up and as I scrolled down there were various other choices that included bottles of wine. Not sure why it would not be showing up for you. 

I don't have this either.  Same for any dining packages on 2 different bookings. Just a message saying item not available 😕 

I’ll admit, I don’t love the brand of wine available to pre-order to my room. If I buy a full bottle of nicer wine at one of the bars onboard, will I be able to take it back to my cabin to sip on while hanging out on the balcony? 

Every other cruise I’ve been on has allowed passengers to carry on 1-2 bottles of wine to consume in the cabin, so I’ve never run into this problem before.

7 hours ago, peanutzmom said:

I’ll admit, I don’t love the brand of wine available to pre-order to my room. If I buy a full bottle of nicer wine at one of the bars onboard, will I be able to take it back to my cabin to sip on while hanging out on the balcony? 

Yes, no problem. 

7 hours ago, peanutzmom said:

Every other cruise I’ve been on has allowed passengers to carry on 1-2 bottles of wine to consume in the cabin, so I’ve never run into this problem before.

I don´t think ANY European cruise line allows you to bring alcohol on board. 

13 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I don't have this either.  Same for any dining packages on 2 different bookings. Just a message saying item not available 😕 

I’d better buy mine before it disappears. Usually I book “all in” but didn’t this time so wanted a couple bottles of wine, realize not great wine but that’s ok. 

• Like 1

Done, ordered bottle of red and bottle of sparkling and although it seemed to accept my cc I did not get any acknowledgment so I tried ordering another bottle of red and received receipt. Checked cc and both transactions were recorded. Gave it a couple hours and under the appropriate booking I do have two red and one sparkling waiting for me, yeah, success.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, cellfree said:

Done, ordered bottle of red and bottle of sparkling and although it seemed to accept my cc I did not get any acknowledgment so I tried ordering another bottle of red and received receipt. Checked cc and both transactions were recorded. Gave it a couple hours and under the appropriate booking I do have two red and one sparkling waiting for me, yeah, success.

My cruise is in Europe.  Maybe that’s why I am not able to see any extras yet.

26 minutes ago, doones2 said:

My cruise is in Europe.  Maybe that’s why I am not able to see any extras yet.

When we cruised Carnival in the Mediterranean we were able to carry on “beverages” at embarkation (there was a liquor store inside the port) and at the ports we visited. We have never cruised Europe on MSC. I am wondering though if Europe is the same, just rambling thoughts - 

However on the Caribbean side with MSC we have been able to purchase “beverages” at various ports (not allowed to carry on at embarkation) that were never taken from us when we got back onto the ship. Just an FYI.