Ovation on hold in Vila

Hogbay

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think we are being ripped off .

Wouldn't the patient be better in Vila hospital or if we left last night when we where supposed to we would be in Noumea by now.

Vila Hospital has basic medical facilities and equipment. On board has the latest medical equipment and we could have been Cairns Australia by the time we leave here .

1669002277430723361085664688468.jpg

I was interested to read that Ovation is being sanitised from bow to stern in the early hours of the morning with fogging.  Has this occurred on other cruise ships this year with Covid cases on board?0D811358-AFD0-4E35-95A0-96090AAC3095.thumb.png.4b8eaf16ff632c1ec36d748ba3c23b2a.png

My thoughts are with the family of the sick child.

This is the second medivac you’ve had this cruise?

Such a shame about Mystery Island.  My friends on board were looking forward to the massages on the island.

was the duty free shop open during your stop in Vila?

Edited by aussielozzie18

Hasnt it been known since well before the cruise started that Mystery Island was not happening anyway. 

Im not understanding how this delay is actually affecting much, obviously the decision is being made in the best interest of the passenger involved.

7 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Hasnt it been known since well before the cruise started that Mystery Island was not happening anyway. 

Im not understanding how this delay is actually affecting much, obviously the decision is being made in the best interest of the passenger involved.

Pacific Adventure has called at Mystery Island within the past week, so maybe someone broke the pot.

A Mystery indeed!!

1669007548931612564165830008084.thumb.jpg.70b2e7b61106eb8969145af1a751b478.jpg

11 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

No I was given a flyer after check in . I will try and help you understand.... i will take a photo of were the port is . They could of kept tender service going. Last tender could of been 5pm today . 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think we are being ripped off .

Wouldn't the patient be better in Vila hospital or if we left last night when we where supposed to we would be in Noumea by now.

Vila Hospital would be last resort. It is barely a polyclinic by our standards.

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

No I was given a flyer after check in . I will try and help you understand.... i will take a photo of were the port is . They could of kept tender service going. Last tender could of been 5pm today . 🤷‍♂️

Have you been hit on by the 2 Chinese sisters yet?

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Vila Hospital would be last resort. It is barely a polyclinic by our standards.

Well how long does it take to get a air plane from noumea to Vila.
If we left Vila yesterday when we where supposed to , I’m sure we could be in Noumea by now.

And why won’t they let us off? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

They obviously thought they were going to have been out of their earlier and with no preparations for a ship being in port for the locals what would dumping thousands of people at the dock done.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well how long does it take to get a air plane from noumea to Vila.
If we left Vila yesterday when we where supposed to , I’m sure we could be in Noumea by now.

And why won’t they let us off? 

No idea. 

Ask Gavin 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

They obviously thought they were going to have been out of their earlier and with no preparations for a ship being in port for the locals what would dumping thousands of people at the dock done.

I suppose it would be some reorganisation with customs and such but I’m sure when it comes to a extra hundred grand or more into the local economy. They could work something out.

53 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Thousands of people x $5 each way to town are you serious....... the vans and water taxi are there ... Royal dose not want to give up a minute it can be trading on board. 

• Like 1

Hey Chilli, keep calm & enjoy your cruise😁 I’m here in Penrith & the wind is blowing the dogs off their chains 😳

while you’re there cooling your heels, can you just let me know the price of a Crownie onboard. I saw a price list from Quantum & it had Crownies & VB both US$8.25  ???

stay safe from the two sisters 😁

49 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Thousands of people x $5 each way to town are you serious....... the vans and water taxi are there ... Royal dose not want to give up a minute it can be trading on board. 

A company wanting to maintain the profit they were expecting for their shareholders for this cruise. How irresponsible.

If they were told they woukd be expecting to be able to leave by 12 why would they send people onshore. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

A company wanting to maintain the profit they were expecting for their shareholders for this cruise. How irresponsible.

If they were told they woukd be expecting to be able to leave by 12 why would they send people onshore. 

Firstly it was dumping people now it's all about the shareholders profit. 🤪

Still at Vila..

MR W , Crownies US $8:25 including grat .

16690155995802812759354356943364.thumb.jpg.afd34c91f116e669abd1701ab307705c.jpg

Read on social media that there are actually 2 medical issues. A child with a serious box jellyfish sting and a baby born 2 months prematurely? Surely the latter could not be correct because you are not permitted to cruise after 23 or24 weeks into a pregnancy. If it is correct, then the baby would not have any travel insurance.

23 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Read on social media that there are actually 2 medical issues. A child with a serious box jellyfish sting and a baby born 2 months prematurely? Surely the latter could not be correct because you are not permitted to cruise after 23 or24 weeks into a pregnancy. If it is correct, then the baby would not have any travel insurance.

I have heard that box jellyfish were spreading further than normal this year but hard to believe they have made it to Vanautu. That would be terrible.

23 weeks at the end of the cruise is the rule. Don't know if it easy just to lie presuming nothing will happen.