2024 Silhouette Redeployment

cltnccruisers

We were booked on a 10Nt Ultimate Southern Caribbean on Silhouette for April 22, 2024.  Our daughter was on the same cruise.  She noticed that it no longer showed on a search.  When I went into Manage Reservations, it showed up as a 13 Nt TA.  A search for the Ultimate Southern comes up with an April 8 sailing. 

When I called X, the front line rep had no record of the April 22 sailing being canceled but did see the TA under our reservation number.  So she transferred me to Redeployment.  They were able to able to basically do a Lift & Shift to the April 8 sailing.  Lower fare, 600 OBC, same cabin.  They did the same for our daughter.

We never got an email for this.  Since the front line rep didn't have anything on the change, I'll give X the benefit of the doubt that it is very recent.

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We were booked on a 10Nt Ultimate Southern Caribbean on Silhouette for April 22, 2024.  Our daughter was on the same cruise.  She noticed that it no longer showed on a search.  When I went into Manage Reservations, it showed up as a 13 Nt TA.  A search for the Ultimate Southern comes up with an April 8 sailing. 

When I called X, the front line rep had no record of the April 22 sailing being canceled but did see the TA under our reservation number.  So she transferred me to Redeployment.  They were able to able to basically do a Lift & Shift to the April 8 sailing.  Lower fare, 600 OBC, same cabin.  They did the same for our daughter.

We never got an email for this.  Since the front line rep didn't have anything on the change, I'll give X the benefit of the doubt that it is very recent.

Thanks for posting.  Celebrity's communication of the change was poor (non-existent).  At least getting your booking transferred worked out well.

• Thanks 1

The spring/summer 2024 Europe season will start earlier than initially planned. The same thing happened to the last two Ascent sailings before the TA. Communication will eventually go out but people here sometimes catch wind of it early and have a little meltdown before all of the options are available 🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I read about this change here on Cruise Critic last week.    We are on the April 8 sailing and see quite a few people who have moved over from 4/22.

We feel very fortunate that both cabins were still available.  Thanks to Chris in Redeployment for taking care of this for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We feel very fortunate that both cabins were still available.  Thanks to Chris in Redeployment for taking care of this for us.

Welcome!!!  Is the itinerary the same as what you booked for 4/22?

We were also lucky...when we booked, we picked cabins on deck 8, standard verandah mid-ship.  When the Black Friday sale started, we were able to move to SVs in the middle of the row and each received $400 OBC as part of the promotion.  Win, Win!

Join our roll call when you get a chance.

Susan

1 minute ago, lola2013 said:

We were also lucky...when we booked, we picked cabins on deck 8, standard verandah mid-ship.  When the Black Friday sale started, we were able to move to SVs in the middle of the row and each received $400 OBC as part of the promotion.  Win, Win!

Susan

We're in 7254.  Our favorite on the Solstice class.  Daughter has 7260.  Only downside is our granddaughter's birthday fell in the April 22 sailing so we can't embarrass her at dinner.  We'll just have to find another way.  😁

6 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Susan

Actually, we had Dominica originally and replaced it with St Lucia.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're in 7254.  Our favorite on the Solstice class.  Daughter has 7260.  Only downside is our granddaughter's birthday fell in the April 22 sailing so we can't embarrass her at dinner.  We'll just have to find another way.  😁

This will be part 2 of a B2B.  We are sailing with friends on part 1 so are staying mid-ship on deck 8,; but for part 2, we will be in 8348 and 8355.  

If you are celebrating your granddaughter's birthday a week early, she can be totally surprised...and embarrassed!!!  Lucky girl to celebrate her birthday on a cruise.

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Actually, we had Dominica originally and replaced it with St Lucia.

We did St. Lucia recently on Reflection.  We have not yet decided what to do on this coming trip, but it will likely be a relaxing beach day.

5 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

This will be part 2 of a B2B.  We are sailing with friends on part 1 so are staying mid-ship on deck 8,; but for part 2, we will be in 8348 and 8355.  

If you are celebrating your granddaughter's birthday a week early, she can be totally surprised...and embarrassed!!!  Lucky girl to celebrate her birthday on a cruise.

Did a family cruise on Princess last year and it was her older sister's birthday.  This one doesn't embarrass easily so we'll have to get creative.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Did a family cruise on Princess last year and it was her older sister's birthday.  This one doesn't embarrass easily so we'll have to get creative.

Well, you have close to a year and a half to make it happen!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Crap!!!  We ***WERE*** on the same cruise but when I now login it shows just a reservation number with no cruise details or itinerary.  We had an aft Retreat cabin!!  I highly doubt I can get one now.

More to add:

I called Celebrity and used their automated system to get a confirmation of our booked sailing sent to us.  I was curious what it would say after logging in finding no information about the current booked cruise.

It now shows this cruise as a 13 Night Western Europe Transatlantic voyage.  We embark on the same date, 4/22/24, from Ft Lauderdale and there are 3 ports of call, all daytime stops, at Bermuda, The Azores and  Cobh, Ireland.  Our final destination is Amsterdam.  There are 9 sea days mixed in.  It shows we are in the same Retreat suite with same price as the original 10 day voyage including all the perks and $800 OBC.  I am intrigued, my wife not so much.  My biggest concern is the weather and temperatures we would encounter in late April into early May in the Atlantic ocean.

A decision to keep it is yet to be made.......   

Edited by rcrabb1513

On 11/21/2022 at 2:22 PM, rcrabb1513 said:

More to add:

I called Celebrity and used their automated system to get a confirmation of our booked sailing sent to us.  I was curious what it would say after logging in finding no information about the current booked cruise.

It now shows this cruise as a 13 Night Western Europe Transatlantic voyage.  We embark on the same date, 4/22/24, from Ft Lauderdale and there are 3 ports of call, all daytime stops, at Bermuda, The Azores and  Cobh, Ireland.  Our final destination is Amsterdam.  There are 9 sea days mixed in.  It shows we are in the same Retreat suite with same price as the original 10 day voyage including all the perks and $800 OBC.  I am intrigued, my wife not so much.  My biggest concern is the weather and temperatures we would encounter in late April into early May in the Atlantic ocean.

A decision to keep it is yet to be made.......   

Another Update:

My optimism for switching to the reposition cruise was unfounded.

We received a call from Celebrity on Tuesday afternoon (11/22) this week telling us our Southern Caribbean cruise had been cancelled and were offered a range of dates we could switch to, all on Silhouette in January - April 8, 2024.  The current pricing and promotions we had booked would be honored as well as an additional $400 OBC for the inconvenience.  I told the caller we couldn't decide right then and we needed to talk it over.  I was told we had until this Friday 11/25 to make the switch with no change fees and they were not working on Thanksgiving.

Our original cabin was Retreat class in a corner aft cabin on Deck 7.  We called back yesterday and were able to move to the March 25, 2024 sailing in a Retreat class corner aft cabin on deck 9.

We are retired so date switch is really no big deal.

We were also on the April 22 cruise booked in the PH and no one from Celebrity contacted us. Only way I knew about the cruise being cancelled was because I went to check out the roll call and saw the info posted there. Was able to speak with the resolutions dept the next day and they offered me 4 dates that we could move to, staying in the PH at no additional charge (it’s now 10 grand more if I was booking it today) and an extra $400 in OBC. We moved to the Feb 26th cruise. Only thing that was disappointing is that our original booking was to be a b2b, with the April 18th cruise being the first leg. They wouldn’t do anything about moving that for us at the same price because that cruise is going off without issue. Unfortunately we cancelled that 4 nighter and they did refund the NRD. To rebook to the March 7th 4 nighter would cost 4K more then I was paying, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on it and hope the price comes down at some point.

celebrity claims they sent emails to all passengers on the cancelled cruise, but of course most of us never received it! 

On 11/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Or you could just wish her a happy birthday. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2022 at 12:47 AM, CruisersTimesThree said:

We were also on the April 22 cruise booked in the PH and no one from Celebrity contacted us. Only way I knew about the cruise being cancelled was because I went to check out the roll call and saw the info posted there. Was able to speak with the resolutions dept the next day and they offered me 4 dates that we could move to, staying in the PH at no additional charge (it’s now 10 grand more if I was booking it today) and an extra $400 in OBC. We moved to the Feb 26th cruise. Only thing that was disappointing is that our original booking was to be a b2b, with the April 18th cruise being the first leg. They wouldn’t do anything about moving that for us at the same price because that cruise is going off without issue. Unfortunately we cancelled that 4 nighter and they did refund the NRD. To rebook to the March 7th 4 nighter would cost 4K more then I was paying, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on it and hope the price comes down at some point.

celebrity claims they sent emails to all passengers on the cancelled cruise, but of course most of us never received it! 

Does your updated invoice show the OBC?  Ours shows none, not even the additional OBC. We were told our original $800 OBC would be honored and an additional $400 OBC would be added for the "inconvenience",  However the 2nd person I spoke with said the additional $400 OBC was part of the Black Friday special. 

Edited by rcrabb1513

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Does your updated invoice show the OBC?  Ours shows none, not even the additional OBC. We were told our original $800 OBC would be honored and an additional $400 OBC would be added for the "inconvenience",  However the 2nd person I spoke with said the additional $400 OBC was part of the Black Friday special. 

Yes it does. We are 3 people sailing so we originally had $1200 ($400 each) The new invoice shows the extra $400, but it’s all strange how it’s divided up between the 3 of us, but still totals out to $1600 now.

2 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Yes it does. We are 3 people sailing so we originally had $1200 ($400 each) The new invoice shows the extra $400, but it’s all strange how it’s divided up between the 3 of us, but still totals out to $1600 now.

Thanks, time for another call......

On 11/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, rcrabb1513 said:

Thanks, time for another call......

The call (after 40 minutes of hold time) got things fixed.  Our updated invoice shows the original OBC, the additional OBC, as well as all the offers we received when we originally booked the cruise.  Yea!! 

We at least received a phone call informing us that our March 23,2024 12 night Caribbean cruise had been cancelled . We were offered March 11, 2024 sailing as replacement keeping our price and perks with a bonus $850 OBC. So pretty happy with that although other sailing would have been better for because we could have spent March 11 spring break with grandkids prior to cruise. I just wonder how many people haven’t been told about the change?