Carnival Venezia Feb 11, 2024 12 Night Southern, Journeys Cruise

On 1/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, myjillian said:

Just booked,, ,also, just got off of the Sunshine 10 day Journey out of Charleston,  Since we usually sail on Princess and Celebrity...the sailing was a little shock to my system.  A lot of gamblers onboard with dirt bottom rates for balconies and suites,,,,a full ship and a lot of drinking.

We are looking forward to a sailing out of NYC.  We are originally from the Plattsburgh NY area and now live in N.C.

Please keep this posting going and try not to leave CC for Facebook.  The Sunshine Facebook was very confusing and this CC did not take off.  I notice that this group is not die 😃 hard Carnival people so we have to keep this CC going.  We have over a year before our sailing and I hope we can come up with some great ideas.

myjillian,  We do both FB and CC.  We enjoy both formats.  VIcki

Hi Troy and Connie here! We are part of the party of 8 that is cruising with CruisinLolly! Looking forward to this cruise. I love Journey cruises, they have so many different activities.  Am really super excited to be sharing in CruisinLolly's Diamond cruise, though we have a ways to go to make Diamond, we will celebrate their milestone!

We also enjoy the book of face! Cruise Critic is so had to get logged in everytime and then why does it open everything in a new tap? I currently have 4 CC tabs open! 

I do hope that the Meet and Mingle makes for this cruise. I love CC's Meet and Mingles!

Look forward to sailing with you all!

15 hours ago, Cruzin Grammie said:

Hi Troy and Connie here! We are part of the party of 8 that is cruising with CruisinLolly! Looking forward to this cruise. I love Journey cruises, they have so many different activities.  Am really super excited to be sharing in CruisinLolly's Diamond cruise, though we have a ways to go to make Diamond, we will celebrate their milestone!

We also enjoy the book of face! Cruise Critic is so had to get logged in everytime and then why does it open everything in a new tap? I currently have 4 CC tabs open! 

I do hope that the Meet and Mingle makes for this cruise. I love CC's Meet and Mingles!

Look forward to sailing with you all!

We also love Meet and Mingles and sail-a-ways !! welcome🤗

Brian and Deb from Ottawa.  We just booked this cruise yesterday.  We cancelled our cruise on the Magic for this one because we don't have to fly.  Found it by accident looking for a cruise for a friend and we decided to take it. 

Looks like most of the ship is booked as we only had four balcony cabins to choose from.  It has been a long time since we have been on Carnival.  Our first two cruise were on the Valor and Victory back in 2005 & 2007 and then we went to RCI for a while.  We are on the Voyager of the Seas in March and it will be a first time back on RCI since 2019.  Since then we have been on Princess, Holland America and NCL.  We did not care for NCL at all and won't be sailing with them unless there is a whopper of a deal.  Too expensive for what you get and the room was small for what they consider a mini suite. 

We have been to all of the islands, but it will be nice to get back to Grenada and Dominica.  We loved both those islands and it has been a while since we have been there.

We got a really good deal at the Hampton Inn and Suites Staten Island for a hotel, so we booked that the night before.  Anything else closer to the port was just too expensive, or didn't include breakfast, or had free parking. 

We decided to park at the port as any other place around was the same price, or you had to take their shuttle to the port.  When the cruise is done, we want to jump in our truck and go home.  We did a sailing out of Bayonne where we did the shuttle thing.  We had to wait hours for the shuttle guy to show up.  Never again.  The next time we parked at the port in Bayonne and it was easy to get on the road after the cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 8:48 PM, bscrive said:

Brian and Deb from Ottawa.  We just booked this cruise yesterday.  We cancelled our cruise on the Magic for this one because we don't have to fly.  Found it by accident looking for a cruise for a friend and we decided to take it. 

Looks like most of the ship is booked as we only had four balcony cabins to choose from.  It has been a long time since we have been on Carnival.  Our first two cruise were on the Valor and Victory back in 2005 & 2007 and then we went to RCI for a while.  We are on the Voyager of the Seas in March and it will be a first time back on RCI since 2019.  Since then we have been on Princess, Holland America and NCL.  We did not care for NCL at all and won't be sailing with them unless there is a whopper of a deal.  Too expensive for what you get and the room was small for what they consider a mini suite. 

We have been to all of the islands, but it will be nice to get back to Grenada and Dominica.  We loved both those islands and it has been a while since we have been there.

We got a really good deal at the Hampton Inn and Suites Staten Island for a hotel, so we booked that the night before.  Anything else closer to the port was just too expensive, or didn't include breakfast, or had free parking. 

We decided to park at the port as any other place around was the same price, or you had to take their shuttle to the port.  When the cruise is done, we want to jump in our truck and go home.  We did a sailing out of Bayonne where we did the shuttle thing.  We had to wait hours for the shuttle guy to show up.  Never again.  The next time we parked at the port in Bayonne and it was easy to get on the road after the cruise.

The last time we did a sailing out of Bayonne we were part of a large group that stayed at a hotel 5 miles from the port.  We had a bus that brought us all to the ship.  One of our suitcases was not there when we were leaving and the dock people said that if we leave without it they would say we just left and it wasn't lost.  We were taken all over looking for the suitcase and we told the bus to leave without us.  We were put outside the building  with another couple who also couldn't find their suitcase and we were told that when everyone leaves we can report it lost if we still can't find it.  The 4 of us waited 4 hrs. in 29 degree temp. for everyone to leave.  We were then brought into the building which was completely empty except for 3 pieces of luggage right in the middle. Our suitcase and the other couples.  We took a cab back to the hotel to pick up our car.  The taxi charged us $50 to go 5 miles.  That was the 3rd and last time we went out of Bayonne LOL 

• 4 weeks later...

Jamie and Cindy from St Charles, Ont here we're booked on this cruise we just were on the Legend Mar 5. We booked this one because we can avoid air travel. Looking forward to the ports a couple of them we haven't been to in over 20 years. Hoping they will be doing something for Superbowl. Cheers 🍻

11 hours ago, rev6ho said:

Jamie and Cindy from St Charles, Ont here we're booked on this cruise we just were on the Legend Mar 5. We booked this one because we can avoid air travel. Looking forward to the ports a couple of them we haven't been to in over 20 years. Hoping they will be doing something for Superbowl. Cheers 🍻

We were on the Legend for 3 weeks in January. We can drive to Baltimore 8+ hours from Ann Arbor MI. We'll be flying to NY. We will be on the ship from Feb 2 to March 3. Legend is okay but we like a bigger ship with more options.

• 2 weeks later...

We also chose this cruise because we can avoid air travel.  That doesn’t mean we won’t fly but I like having the option.  
Also, I’ve done the NYC port of departure in the past and it’s actually nice to have a day or two of the cooler weather and the extra time ti rest, take a nap, explore the ship on our own time without the rush before we get to that part of the cruise when we are stopping at the islands. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 11:17 AM, rev6ho said:

The ship will be doing something for Superbowl, Valentines Day and Carnival🤗

• 4 weeks later...

Glenn and Patricia from Ontario booked this cruise a while back, surprised to see such an active roll call already. We will be turning diamond on this cruise ( leg 2 of B2B2B). Looking forward to Dominica the most. We have only been here once before and had the best experience with a company called Bumpiing Tours, sadly they are no longer (victim of Covid?) I prefer to do independent tours...anyone have ideas for Dominica?

On 12/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, leen50 said:

We booked the Riu Plaza Manhattan Times Square,145 West 47th Street. 1.6 miles from the dock. Got a great Price, with Breakfast, for Feb 1, the night before our first leg.

Did you book direct or through a third party?

2 hours ago, grimpil said:

Just noticed @leen50 that we are doing the same B2B2B!

That's so cool. We try to get away from the Michigan weather for a few weeks. Haven't been to Dominica or Bimini before but we've been to all of the other places.

Looking forward to sailing with you!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be having a Venice carnival  formal night the 2sd day onboard.  You can buy masks onboard or bring your own.  My husband doesn't know about this cruise and I'll be telling him Christmas by his gift being a top hat and phantom of the opera mask.  We love Venice and have been many times.  Hopefully this will take away from the fact that he hates going to NYC in the Winter🥴

Hi all!

Have any of you noticed all the Venezia TA reports? There are at least 4 of them, lots of amazing pictures & comments to come.

I'm flying into Newark & want a hotel with an airport shuttle there. Any suggestions?

Have a nice Sunday & stay safe.

Jo

2 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Have any of you noticed all the Venezia TA reports? There are at least 4 of them, lots of amazing pictures & comments to come.

I'm flying into Newark & want a hotel with an airport shuttle there. Any suggestions?

Have a nice Sunday & stay safe.

Jo

Jo, are you staying in NJ until going to the NY terminal?

2 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Jo, are you staying in NJ until going to the NY terminal?

Yes, I'm flying in 2 days before the cruise, staying at an airport hotel then thinking of taking the Carnival shuttle over to the pier.

14 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Yes, I'm flying in 2 days before the cruise, staying at an airport hotel then thinking of taking the Carnival shuttle over to the pier.

Are you staying in NJ to visit people? Newark can be a sketchy area. We're staying at the Comfort Inn Midtown on 48th Street NYC near the terminal. 

What part of NJ do you want to stay in?