Carnival Venezia Feb 11, 2024 12 Night Southern, Journeys Cruise

Hi all!

I just booked this cruise, my 1st for 2024. I'll turn platinum on it so look forward to that & the great ports it visits.

Going to be interesting, Carnival Italian style & from New York in winter!!

Hope to see others here soon.

Stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi.  Ellie and Dave here from East Brunswick, NJ.  We have only been on 1 Carnival cruise so far but have 5 more booked including this one.  We usually cruise with NCL or Princess but their new prices are very high.  We enjoy sailing from NY and not having to fly.

We booked last night. Arleen and Steve - Ann Arbor MI. B2B starting on Feb 2. Our 30th & 31st Carnival cruises. We'll have been on 60+ cruises by then. 

Probably staying at a hotel near the port after flying in from DTW to EWR. Have a while until we plan our trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited for the ports, Carnival usually does not go to them and we have not been to 3 of these.  It will be nice to escape half of a NY February.  We will be on the first Caribbean Venezia sailing in June and will report back on it.  Was originally on the Magic but the ship was repositioned.  Saw this Journeys cruise and jumped on it, so hopefully the Venezia will live up to its billing.  Looks beautiful.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We did a 14 day southern carribbean back in November on the Enchanted Princess and it was great.  Now we have a short 5 day cruise on NCL Getaway to Bermuda.  The weather there is not looking too good.  Next we have a 21 day B2B on the Carnival Pride in May/June.  We will do the west coast of Spain, northern France, Belgium and then Norway.  Looks to be spectacular.

Hi all!

Ellie ~ I'll be on a 14 day Princess cruise in 11 days. How did you like it compared to Carnival? I'm doing a 5 day on Sunrise the day after it.

I have a NCL TA in April then nothing 'til a RCL TA in November.

I've never done a Journey cruise so look forward to that.

Have a great week whether on land or sea, & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

22 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Ellie ~ I'll be on a 14 day Princess cruise in 11 days. How did you like it compared to Carnival? I'm doing a 5 day on Sunrise the day after it.

~ Jo ~ 😊

We have only been on one Carnival cruise last April.  It was a 7 day cruise on the Legend out of Baltimore.  We booked it and three other Carnival cruises when they had their birthday sale at 50% off.  We usually sail NCL and Princess but at those prices decided to try Carnival, even though it has such a party boat reputation.  And we enjoyed it very much.  We are not drinkers so food, entertainment and interesting ports are what is important to us.  So after our B2B in May/June I'll be able to really tell if I still enjoy Carnival with all their cutbacks.  And all the other line are cutting back too.  Just read some of the posts on all the forums here and on FB.

On our Princess cruise in November we did notice they were short staffed and the food was not up to par as before.  But we still loved it and will travel with them again when we see a good itinerary and the prices aren't too bad.

I was just going to book my first cruise on Celebrity for May, 2024 to extend my time in California after two other Carnival cruises I have booked.  They are running a good sale now and I have a great promotion through my cc company but my husband and I talked it over and decided not to have so much money tied up for so long so will not book.

Hi all!

Ellie ~ thanks for your comments. I too stayed away from Carnival because of its party rep but found that not to be so. I don't hang around bars or the pool area so haven't seen any nonsense.

I love all the comedy, the food choices, the itineraries & cabin choices.

I have done Celebrity twice, but not since 2010! Haven't done Princess since 2008. Cruising solo I tend to choose NCL for their studio cabins.

Yes, there does seem to be cutbacks in service but an increase in fees. Oh well, it is what it is.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm on a Carnival Journey = 14 day Cruise now. Yesterday was Aruba and in Curacao now. We left from Baltimore and doing a B2B= 21 days. 2nd leg will be our 60th cruise with several companies. Diamond on RCI and Carnival. In general, the longer the cruise, the less of a party ship. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked,, ,also, just got off of the Sunshine 10 day Journey out of Charleston,  Since we usually sail on Princess and Celebrity...the sailing was a little shock to my system.  A lot of gamblers onboard with dirt bottom rates for balconies and suites,,,,a full ship and a lot of drinking.

We are looking forward to a sailing out of NYC.  We are originally from the Plattsburgh NY area and now live in N.C.

Please keep this posting going and try not to leave CC for Facebook.  The Sunshine Facebook was very confusing and this CC did not take off.  I notice that this group is not die 😃 hard Carnival people so we have to keep this CC going.  We have over a year before our sailing and I hope we can come up with some great ideas.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

~ Jo ~ 😊

The difference between Princess and Carnival is the difference between a boxed mac and cheese and a home made mac and cheese.🤪 We just took our 3rd Carnival and we have over 300 days on Princess. Our last Princess was a Panama Canal, in June, out of San Francisco 19 days with a limit on passengers.. less than 1/2 full.  We just had a 10 day Sunshine Journey cruise out of Charleston no passenger limit over 3000 onboard .  Hopefully this sailing will have less gamblers onboard.🤩 Hope I'm not insulting anyone.....

We're doing a B2B2B starting on Feb 2-March 3. Diamond on RCI and Carnival. Loyal to the best itinerary, price, and personal timing for us. Eight cruises in the last 13 months including a 21 day B2B on Anthem and a 21 day B2B on Carnival Legend. IMHO they all have their plusses and minuses especially since the Restart.

That being said, I have the most fun on Carnival. BTW, I'm 70+.

-arleen 

• Like 2

Good morning!  My husband Tom and I booked this cruise shortly after it was announced!  We have 6 friends joining us for a mini cruise reunion!  We love Journeys cruises and LOVE these islands!  Tom's favorite is St. Lucia.  We will make Diamond on this cruise!  So excited.  We also cruise NCL and Princess.  I agree with Arleen, we are loyal to the best itinerary, price, and personal timing.  

Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Tom & Vicki

Jacksonville, NC

• Like 1