Carnival Venezia Feb 11, 2024 12 Night Southern, Journeys Cruise

2 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Are you staying in NJ to visit people? Newark can be a sketchy area. We're staying at the Comfort Inn Midtown on 48th Street NYC near the terminal. 

What part of NJ do you want to stay in?

No, it's just that my flight doesn't get in 'til late and I don't want to be taking the bus over to Manhattan that late so I'll just stay one day at the airport. It'll be okay. I've been to New York City several times, the most recent for 4 days with my friends in Queens in April, before my NCL Dawn TA.

6 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

No, it's just that my flight doesn't get in 'til late and I don't want to be taking the bus over to Manhattan that late so I'll just stay one day at the airport. It'll be okay. I've been to New York City several times, the most recent for 4 days with my friends in Queens in April, before my NCL Dawn TA.

Embassy Suites Elizabeth NJ. Airport shuttle, good breakfast etc

On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, leen50 said:

Are you staying in NJ to visit people? Newark can be a sketchy area. We're staying at the Comfort Inn Midtown on 48th Street NYC near the terminal. 

What part of NJ do you want to stay in?

We will be at the Comfort Inn Midtown also but only one night before the cruise😃

4 minutes ago, myjillian said:

We will be at the Comfort Inn Midtown also but only one night before the cruise😃

Our B2B2B starts on Feb 2. Staying at Comfort on Feb 1. Not touring NYC. Originally from Brooklyn - DH from The Bronx. Just want to get away from Michigan winter for a month ❄️❄️

5 hours ago, leen50 said:

Our B2B2B starts on Feb 2. Staying at Comfort on Feb 1. Not touring NYC. Originally from Brooklyn - DH from The Bronx. Just want to get away from Michigan winter for a month ❄️❄️

Havn't done a b2b2b2b in awhile.It ended up being 33 days and 5 continents out of Venice on the Grand Princess.  Our other b2b2b2b was on 3 different ships out of Ft Lauderdale. 10 day Costa Victoria 7 day Holland  Ziderdam and a 7 day Holland Amsterdam.  We just walked off one ship into the parking garage left 2 suitcases in the van...picked up 2 more suitcases and then did it again....will never do that again LOL.  Jeleous that your going to be on for a b2b2b in Feb on such a neat ship.  The photos and videos look great and we love Venice so much that it will be a nice experience.We have a Cove balcony because I think the first 3 and last 3 days will chilly and we'll still be able to sit outside.

Edited by myjillian
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone. I’m Debbie from Delaware. I booked this many months ago with my husband (Jeff) and so far 6 other couples that will be joining us from Delaware and NJ. 

I can’t wait to get on this ship it looks so beautiful and I take the comments from those on her with a grain of salt. Until I’m on her and see for myself then I’ll judge. 

I’ll be turning Diamond on this cruise and have sailed on many of the cruise lines and I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad cruise.

I can’t wait to get to know all of you. 

Debbie

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 1:37 PM, Jeepers385 said:

I can’t wait to get on this ship it looks so beautiful and I take the comments from those on her with a grain of salt. Until I’m on her and see for myself then I’ll judge. 

We already had this sailing booked and were on the 8 day sailing June 19.  It was so bad we booked another one for May.  It is definitely the classiest ship we have ever been on.

3 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

We already had this sailing booked and were on the 8 day sailing June 19.  It was so bad we booked another one for May.  It is definitely the classiest ship we have ever been on.

That's nice to hear!

Hello everyone. I am Rhena from New Jersey. I am traveling with my DH and 5 other couples from our community. Looking forward to this cruise. We have been on a few Carnival cruises and love them .Hope to meet all of you onboard.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:37 PM, Jeepers385 said:

Good afternoon everyone. I’m Debbie from Delaware. I booked this many months ago with my husband (Jeff) and so far 6 other couples that will be joining us from Delaware and NJ. 

I’ll be turning Diamond on this cruise and have sailed on many of the cruise lines and I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad cruise.

I can’t wait to get to know all of you. 

Debbie

Hi Debbie from Del.  their are 4 of us thinking about taking the train from Del into NYC.  We will come inthe day before.  When I looked onAmtrak it says $10 on the train that will take one and a half hrs to get into NYC.  Have you ever done that ??  It seems cheap...any feedback will be appreciated.  Thank you

On 7/5/2023 at 1:59 PM, myjillian said:

Hi Debbie from Del.  their are 4 of us thinking about taking the train from Del into NYC.  We will come inthe day before.  When I looked onAmtrak it says $10 on the train that will take one and a half hrs to get into NYC.  Have you ever done that ??  It seems cheap...any feedback will be appreciated.  Thank you

My Jillian I’ve taken the train from Baltimore to Boston and NJ Transit a lot to NYC. This will be the first time from Delaware but 1 1/2 to 2 hrs by Amtrak is about right. Wow if you found it for $10 that’s cheap, I’m finding $40 each way which I think is very reasonable. I’m still researching hotels for the day before since we always go in one day early just in case of bad weather. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, Jeepers385 said:

My Jillian I’ve taken the train from Baltimore to Boston and NJ Transit a lot to NYC. This will be the first time from Delaware but 1 1/2 to 2 hrs by Amtrak is about right. Wow if you found it for $10 that’s cheap, I’m finding $40 each way which I think is very reasonable. I’m still researching hotels for the day before since we always go in one day early just in case of bad weather. 

We will be staying at the Comfort Inn which is right across the street from the ship.

50 minutes ago, myjillian said:

We will be staying at the Comfort Inn which is right across the street from the ship.

I'd say that we will see you there, but we're staying there for our first leg on Feb 1 for one night.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, nycruise1 said:

I'm glad that their are some people on this CC site.  I'm perplexed with the amount of "off the wall" questions and comments that are on another site.  I'm used to CC people just talking about things to do and M&G's etc. Asking about this that and another and dising things left and right is strange to me.🥴

22 hours ago, leen50 said:

I'd say that we will see you there, but we're staying there for our first leg on Feb 1 for one night.

I'm pretty sure that I booked there because you told me about it a few months ago when not many people were online here😄 I was envious of your b2b then and still am LOL🤗

On 7/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, believerincruising said:

Hi all!  So excited for my first Journey's sail with Carnival!  This itinerary is a DREAM to me...just checking off as many of the southern islands as I can.  Hope to have fun interacting with you all as we wait for February 2024 to roll around! 😀

Welcome to cc and the cruise😄

On 7/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, Jeepers385 said:

We will be visiting our friends in Magnolia and they may be going with us also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myjillian said:

I'm pretty sure that I booked there because you told me about it a few months ago when not many people were online here😄 I was envious of your b2b then and still am LOL🤗

Sounds correct. I've still been reading positive reviews about it. I hope to post my take on the hotel after our stay. I'll also mention how we got to the ship from the hotel.

Myjillian, I hate to gloat but we're doing a B2B2B, 30 days on the ship. We're retired and love to leave the Michigan winter for a while. 

CU on board!

4 hours ago, leen50 said:

Sounds correct. I've still been reading positive reviews about it. I hope to post my take on the hotel after our stay. I'll also mention how we got to the ship from the hotel.

Myjillian, I hate to gloat but we're doing a B2B2B, 30 days on the ship. We're retired and love to leave the Michigan winter for a while. 

CU on board!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  GLOAT AWAY YOU DESERVE IT LOL🤗🤩

I just got 2 of my other friends to join this cruise. My TA just told me this ship is almost sold out so he had to book them a guaranty balcony for now and I have another friend hopefully booking later tonight. 

What’s the address of the Comfort Inn you’re staying at My Jillian?  So far I have 9 couples going. 

I, too, always liked to discuss our cruises here on cruise critic but it seems the majority use the other site.  In fact there are three different groups there and they all repeat the same things.  I think they have some activities planned but it's hard to tell.  Usually here someone offers to set up a meet and greet, slot pull, bar crawl, gift exchange, etc.  There it's just  a haphazard check box if you plan to attend.

Has anyone looked at excursions yet?  One that I might be interested in says limited availability, only 5 spots left.  I thought it was a little too early to book but maybe not.  They said that Jiji's chinese restaurant is already sold out every night.