Carnival Venezia Feb 11, 2024 12 Night Southern, Journeys Cruise

12 hours ago, Jeepers385 said:

I just got 2 of my other friends to join this cruise. My TA just told me this ship is almost sold out so he had to book them a guaranty balcony for now and I have another friend hopefully booking later tonight. 

What’s the address of the Comfort Inn you’re staying at My Jillian?  So far I have 9 couples going. 

548 w 48th street  I believe Comfort Inn Manhattan -Midtown West.  Right across from the dock.  Maybe we will have a party and all meet 🤗

5 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I, too, always liked to discuss our cruises here on cruise critic but it seems the majority use the other site.  In fact there are three different groups there and they all repeat the same things.  I think they have some activities planned but it's hard to tell.  Usually here someone offers to set up a meet and greet, slot pull, bar crawl, gift exchange, etc.  There it's just  a haphazard check box if you plan to attend.

Has anyone looked at excursions yet?  One that I might be interested in says limited availability, only 5 spots left.  I thought it was a little too early to book but maybe not.  They said that Jiji's chinese restaurant is already sold out every night.  

I don't think it's too early to book I have 3 in holding...I guess I better pay before I lose them LOL.  

7 minutes ago, myjillian said:

548 w 48th street  I believe Comfort Inn Manhattan -Midtown West.  Right across from the dock.  Maybe we will have a party and all meet 🤗

I don't think it's too early to book I have 3 in holding...I guess I better pay before I lose them LOL.  

Ok, I paid 😇 I also booked Bonsai T for lunch on Valentines Day.  I figured that the DR will have a nice dinner so, since it is a sea day I figured it would be a nice lunch to even off the Day.  My husband doesn't know about this cruise...I figured out that he starts his 80th year on earth in Feb ( his birthday isn't until Nov 2 ) so we will celebrate all year,  I have 3 other cruises lined up.  When I turned 60 ( 16 yrs ago ) He spent the year taking me to all of the Margaritavilles in the states and in the Carabbean. So I want to suprise him also.  He did it from Jan to Jan.  It was hard booking his cruises because I wanted to hit ports he hadn't seen and that was hard.  On this cruise we hadn't been to Dominica.

• Like 1

Jeepers, when you asked about the hotel , I( a few posts back )mentioned that our friends tried to book the Comfort this week. It was Sold Out. They found a nearby hotel instead.

Hope you have some good luck 🤞

6 hours ago, leen50 said:

Jeepers, when you asked about the hotel , I( a few posts back )mentioned that our friends tried to book the Comfort this week. It was Sold Out. They found a nearby hotel instead.

I made our booking awhile ago.  Find  an in between place and we can all meet for a HELLO party.  I remember once there were several of us on a CC sailing from Southhampton and we all decided to stay at one hotel in town.  Everyone booked and I couldn't figure out where everone else was ( there were  4 of us ) ...it turns out that 🥴 2 locations for that hotel chain.  You guessed it ...we were at the wrong one. It was a  nice Celebrity ( the Connie) 12 day wine cruise with 3 overnighters...so cool. 🤩

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, myjillian said:

just bringing this post to the top of page 1

While DH , and I drink the ship's water, I ordered the 12 pack to be delivered to the cabin. Nice to have when wandering around the ports. Although the price has increased, still inexpensive.

Yes I tried the Comfort inn and it was booked my YA gave me another hotel to try so I need to do that soon. 

I still work part time bartending and with it being summer at the beach we have friends visiting so I better get started looking at private excursions for our group, hotels etc.  

I didn’t realize you can already book restaurants. Is it for all the paid restaurants or just a couple, any info would be appreciated. 

Im also in the 3 groups of the other site.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 2:38 PM, Jeepers385 said:

Im also in the 3 groups of the other site.

I'm in 3 groups also but it's 1 for each of our B2B2B cruises. We have 8 upcoming sailings. There's just so much that I can follow. Every once in a while, I learn something new.

So we booked our first excursion.  The tube rafting in Dominica.  We took the easy one because my DH has some back trouble and hope the water is calm.  Some say it's boring and the other one has more rapids.  There is another tube rafting in Grenada but only one ticket left.

Has anyone else booked excursions?  Any suggestions? 

On 8/9/2023 at 6:37 AM, EllieinNJ said:

So we booked our first excursion.  The tube rafting in Dominica.  We took the easy one because my DH has some back trouble and hope the water is calm.  Some say it's boring and the other one has more rapids.  There is another tube rafting in Grenada but only one ticket left.

Has anyone else booked excursions?  Any suggestions? 

If one of you have a bad back be careful about how far you may have to walk to get on the river.  We have been tubbing a few times and everytime we had to walk while carrying our tube.  Google the excursion itself and see if there is more information than Carnival is giving

I ended up booking the StayPineapple Hotel on 337 West 36th Street. It’s a cute Boutique hotel. 

Im looking into booking private excursions for our group since I’ve been to these islands a couple of times. 

I have 4 cruises booked between November and May. One is with my friend an 8 day out of Baltimore on Royal, NYE out of Bayonne with hubby on Royal, this one and Hawaii in May on NCL. 

On 7/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, leen50 said:

I too tried to book the Comfort Inn a couple of weeks ago and they were booked solid. I ended up going with Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West so I am hoping I'll be happy with that hotel location and quality. 🤞

55 minutes ago, familycruising4ever said:

too tried to book the Comfort Inn a couple of weeks ago and they were booked solid. I ended up going with Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West so I am hoping I'll be happy with that hotel location and quality. 🤞

It's very close to Comfort Inn

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, pieter&sharon said:

We have booked this. A return to Carnival after many years. Love the sea days.

Pieter & Sharon, London, Ontario, Canada.

Hi my friend and I are going on this one as well and we are from London. Are you staying over in New York City before the cruise and if so have u found a hotel you’re going to be using? We are just looking now. We plan to go out of Detroit on stay two nights in New York City. Just wondering if you found a hotel

12 hours ago, Mollyapple said:

Hi my friend and I are going on this one as well and we are from London. Are you staying over in New York City before the cruise and if so have u found a hotel you’re going to be using? We are just looking now. We plan to go out of Detroit on stay two nights in New York City. Just wondering if you found a hotel

On the other social media site many are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Times Square.  They got a good rate of $174.48 for a king room

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycws/hoteldetail?fromRedirect=true&qSrt=sBR&qIta=99801505&icdv=99801505&qSlH=NYCWS&qGrpCd=CAR&setPMCookies=true&qSHBrC=EX&qDest=343 West 39th Street%2C New York%2C NY%2C US&srb_u=1

15 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hi I could not find a room with two beds at the holiday inn with two beds, looking at comfort inn now. 

On 8/29/2023 at 6:27 PM, Mollyapple said:

No overnight in New York. Flying out of Toronto.