New Booking Engine Live on Azamara’s Website - Initial Reactions?

Stem to Stern

Maybe this is old news, but I was having a browse on the Azamara website this evening and discovered that the booking engine has changed.  We no longer have a simple and easy check of what staterooms might be available on a particular sailing on Azamara’s site.  The new version is a multi-step process requiring personal details before looking at available staterooms.  I find it cumbersome.  Fortunately there are other websites that make dummy bookings far less complicated.  Thoughts?

If you want to see the actual rooms available we’ve had that hoop to jump for some time in the UK. It’s an absolutely pain because it also captures your info and starts emailing and adding pop ups when you don’t book. 
Typical marketing good idea that’s not customer friendly. Maybe it’s also a reason for long call waits as people call for information rather than enter their details online. 

8 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Maybe I‘m looking somewhere different, but through Azamara.co.uk this morning I can go through the booking process to see all stateroom category availability without having  to enter any information 

Same  here also Denise, not asked for any personal details before selecting . Just click on what category cabin I want to look at and the plan comes up with whats available.

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, combine said:

Same  here also Denise, not asked for any personal details before selecting . Just click on what category cabin I want to look at and the plan comes up with whats available.

Same for me no details required and I can see what cabins are available in each category, just the same old RC booking engine. I’ve come across this on Oceania’s website where I had to create an account before I could get pricing and I’ve then been bombarded with emails afterwards.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

No it’s asking me for details after I select category type - strange 

Indeed. That would tick me off keep having to do that. Has it been like that for a long time? 
If I got a follow up email every time I browsed , my inbox would be full…….Im always looking ! 🫢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night on my iPad I found the site to be in the state I described above.  But now it appears to be back to the old way on all my devices and desktop.  I wonder if It was some glitch that took me to a different version of the booking engine.  If it was some prototype of the new booking engine I found, then I would suggest further fine tuning.  It was weird.

4 hours ago, combine said:

The only place details are asked for is if you click on ‘ see if you qualify for offers

I wonder if I found myself where @combineis describing.  So sorry to lead you all down a rabbit hole.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, combine said:

Edit to above . The only place details are asked for is if you click on ‘ see if you qualify for offers’. When I am just browsing I never click on that option. 

I always do as that can make a difference in the price and it can be quite a bit. I've just done a dummy booking putting in my Azamara Circle number and it looks just the same as it did before and I can see all available cabins within the category. 

Phil 

• Like 3