🍸Martini glasses GONE on Discovery Princess!

startedwithamouse

John Padgett strikes again. I always order my martinis (Chairman of the Board) on the rocks and, if I'm taking it to the theater, I order it in a rocks glass. I have no idea how the waiters manage to walk around with a full martini glass without slopping half it it out of the glass.

• Like 3

I’m going to play devils advocate. Perhaps there was an accident on Discovery that broke a significant number of the larger martini glasses, and whilst waiting for replacement stock they are using these smaller, sturdier ones as a temp replacement to be consistent shipwide. 

Should we see this roll out to other ships in the fleet, then yes we will call it what it is - a cost cutting measure. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 6

Well, those martini glasses are a nightmare to walk with. 🙂 Hopefully AtlantaCruiser72 is right and it's just a temporary issue. I'll gladly take mine in a short "rocks glass" as Thrak calls them 🙂 which is also what I request if not staying at the bar. 

I actually had a martini on the Discovery in October that was served in an acrylic "glass".  It was hard to tell until you went to pick it up and realized how light it was.  Not sure what is going on with their glassware situation.  I do remember being served in the glass pictured as well.  I do recall it being strange having all the different martini glasses.  These things I notice.  Princess might not think we do, but we do.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Caribbean Princess now and can indeed confirm the martini glasses being used are the same ones the OP encountered on the Discovery. Indeed smaller than before. 

Bar service has been hit or miss with the quality of the cocktail preparation. Nothing quite made as it “should” be. Sticking with a basic goose and soda with lime, or a beer, has been the best option thus far 🤣