MZ Hop on / Hop Off bus tour?

oyme

A YT Influencer was mentioning that there's a hop on / hop off bus tour that is being sold as soon as you exit the ship (private tour). Have any of you done this in Mazatlan? Tell me more! This sounds perfect. Is it the standard bus route, is there a map?

It is not a true Hop On Hop Off bus.  It is essentially a bus ride through Mazatlan with a stop to watch the cliff divers (they’ll come up to the bus for tips) and at a silver store in the Golden Zone.  You are encouraged to shop at the store—they wait for about 30 minutes in order to give you plenty of time to shop.  I didn’t get back on.  Stayed at the resort area, walked the Malecon and took a taxi back to the port.  Hubby took the bus back to port.  I thought it was a waste of time and money!

My suggestion is to walk the blue line to the old town, visit the church, see the shrimp ladies, and walk the Malecon.  Another great option is to walk to El Faro lighthouse—it’s located about a mile from port.  Nice hike up to the lighthouse for a fantastic view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My suggestion in Mazatlan is to take a taxi just outside the port terminal gate. And head to the Central Market area. Need something to eat...have a local point you to the Panama Bakery....should be just around the corner. When you're ready to go back to the ship just flag down one of the many taxi's...checking the price before you enter. Pricing should be $10.  per trip.

I agree that the HOHO bus in Mazatlan is NOT a great excursion.  Too limited in its stops, as oyme pointed out. 

I usually walk the Blue Line in the morning and then when my wife is ready, we grab a cab to the Cathedral and walk to the Market together.  Then, either a cab to the Golden Zone or back to the ship.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, disneyochem said:

It is not a true Hop On Hop Off bus.  It is essentially a bus ride through Mazatlan with a stop to watch the cliff divers (they’ll come up to the bus for tips) and at a silver store in the Golden Zone.  You are encouraged to shop at the store—they wait for about 30 minutes in order to give you plenty of time to shop.  I didn’t get back on.  Stayed at the resort area, walked the Malecon and took a taxi back to the port.  Hubby took the bus back to port.  I thought it was a waste of time and money!

My suggestion is to walk the blue line to the old town, visit the church, see the shrimp ladies, and walk the Malecon.  Another great option is to walk to El Faro lighthouse—it’s located about a mile from port.  Nice hike up to the lighthouse for a fantastic view.

Yup, I'm inclined to agree with disneyochem, just a bus ride through the town, an it seemed to me they were killing time wandering around, twice passin the cliff divers an a few other places.