What’s the Panorama Doing?

tonit964

6 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

According to the itinerary logged here, Cabo is the third stop on this cruise.  So maybe just hanging out to hit Puerto Vallarta tomorrow (first stop)?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9802384

I guess that makes sense. I didn’t know ships did “drive by’s”. 🤣

Thanks!

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

did you see any pilot boats near the ship? maybe someone or something needed to be dropped off 

Come to think of it, there was a small boat that was up towards the bow hatch or whatever that door is called but I didn’t think anything of it. 
Oh well, she’s on her way now.

The Panorama is typically sailing past the Cabo area between 10AM - 11AM local time.  Mazatlán is the next major port and is 8.5-9 hours away.  If it made its way into Cabo at 2PM local time, I would an educated guess that it turned around for a medical emergency.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

The Panorama is typically sailing past the Cabo area between 10AM - 11AM local time.  Mazatlán is the next major port and is 8.5-9 hours away.  If it made its way into Cabo at 2PM local time, I would an educated guess that it turned around for a medical emergency.

I’m currently at the Waldorf in Cabo and we watched the Panorama approach from the North yesterday afternoon so she was not backtracking. We were also confused to see it leaving a few minutes later. The Cabo port schedule showed the Panorama was supposed to be in Port at 10am but the itinerary shows it coming in on Thursday. Also came here to find out what happened.

1 hour ago, LA_FadeAway said:

I’m currently at the Waldorf in Cabo and we watched the Panorama approach from the North yesterday afternoon so she was not backtracking. We were also confused to see it leaving a few minutes later. The Cabo port schedule showed the Panorama was supposed to be in Port at 10am but the itinerary shows it coming in on Thursday. Also came here to find out what happened.

The Panorama left Long Beach at 4:20PM local time, which is slightly earlier than average.  This would put it in/near Cabo around 10AM-11AM local time.  Cabo wasn't picked up as stop by various trackers, and the ship arrived into PV around 8AM local time, which is about two hours later than average.  

So, it appears Cabo was an unscheduled stop and the Panorama experienced something that caused a slight delay.  Medical would be the best guess, but maybe somebody on the ship participates here and can give some more feedback.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:42 PM, Itried4498 said:

The Panorama left Long Beach at 4:20PM local time, which is slightly earlier than average.  This would put it in/near Cabo around 10AM-11AM local time.  Cabo wasn't picked up as stop by various trackers, and the ship arrived into PV around 8AM local time, which is about two hours later than average.  

So, it appears Cabo was an unscheduled stop and the Panorama experienced something that caused a slight delay.  Medical would be the best guess, but maybe somebody on the ship participates here and can give some more feedback.

Someone responded to me in the roll call. It was in fact a medical emergency. Someone was dropped off to ho to the hospital in Cabo. Hopefully they are okay! She returned to itinerary as scheduled.

• Like 1