Live From Diamond Princess 11/27/22

Shelly97060

3 hours ago, Mary Ellen1 said:

I'm on the Christmas cruise that leaves this Saturday.  Thanks for all the updates!  A few questions:

• How's the (free) coffee in the buffet, and the dining rooms?  I have the coffee card, but wanted to know how good, or bad, the regular coffee is.
  • What kinds of tea are available in the buffet or dining room (besides the premium varieties that come with the coffee card)?

Thank you!

The dining room and buffet coffee has been good - the built in dispensers haven’t been working so they have had large airpots for coffee and hot water.

there is a good selection of teas in the buffet area. English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Green Tea, Lemon Lift, Mint, orange spice and Lipton. 

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

There will be approx 300 children on the next cruise.That is a low figure for Christmas cruise.

We are loving our aft suite. We bid up from a Mini suite . Totally spoiled.

Although food is subjective , we are finding it very good. We haven't been going to Club class dining because we have friends in regular dining room. We did try it to see if it is worth it and maybe if the ship were fully occupied it would be an asset. Breakfast in Sabatinis however (for suite guests) has been wonderful.

Hi Sue!

May I ask what suite or deck you are you are on? We are in an aft suite also, Dolphin Deck, but pretty concerned about the plumbing issues we keep hearing about. 🤞We leave Jan.6th 💮🌴

1 hour ago, treesah said:

Thanks for the updates.  I have a question re:  library.  Do they have a fair number of fiction and non-fiction books in English?  Some of the libraries are bare bones.  TIA.

The library has a good selection of books in English.. They also have puzzles and lots games.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

The dining room and buffet coffee has been good - the built in dispensers haven’t been working so they have had large airpots for coffee and hot water.

there is a good selection of teas in the buffet area. English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Green Tea, Lemon Lift, Mint, orange spice and Lipton. 

Thank you!

On 12/13/2022 at 2:03 PM, Shelly97060 said:

I don’t know the exact number but one of the crew members said they are sailing at 70% capacity next 

I like your sailing at 50% more than 70% 🙂.

I enjoyed the ice cream on the Celebrity Beyond this past July.. A quick Google search suggests the Diamond Princess only has soft serve vanilla, chocolate, and swirl ice cream. Is this accurate?

3 hours ago, Tyler T said:

I like your sailing at 50% more than 70% 🙂.

I enjoyed the ice cream on the Celebrity Beyond this past July.. A quick Google search suggests the Diamond Princess only has soft serve vanilla, chocolate, and swirl ice cream. Is this accurate?

Regular ice cream is available at lunch and dinner in the dining rooms. Flavors may vary.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tyler T said:

Thank you!

One last question, do men have to wear a jacket on formal night or a collared shirt with tie and long pants acceptable?

A long sleeved shirt with ( or even without) a tie is perfectly acceptable.  No jacket required.  

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, omynameistaken said:

Hi Sue!

May I ask what suite or deck you are you are on? We are in an aft suite also, Dolphin Deck, but pretty concerned about the plumbing issues we keep hearing about. 🤞We leave Jan.6th 💮🌴

We were in C755, aft facing . No plumbing issues at all but our neighbor in C757 had a no flushing toilet for a few hours.

Library (someone asked) is fully stocked with great brand new books. Lots of mysteries.Library is on deck 5 midship. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, miagirl said:

I'm on the Jan 29th (2023) and I was wondering about the Thermal Suite as I see it's an option to pre-purchase.  I was a bit surprised because I had assume that the Izumi spa had somehow replaced that.  (i Know never assume...)  My big question is whether there are the thermal ceramic beds on the Diamond?  Thanks in advance.

I'm also trying to find out the difference in the  three Thermal Suite packages. We're on the same sailing and received an email today that they can be pre purchased at 25% off. The description on-line is very vague as  to whats included and the differences between packages...

On 12/13/2022 at 7:49 PM, omynameistaken said:

Hi Sue!

B709 here.  Formerly B715 but they moved us the first afternoon after 4.5 hours (and 7-8 reports by us & the room steward) of a non-flushing toilet.  Location is aft, starboard on Baja deck 11.  

• Thanks 2

On 12/20/2022 at 7:44 AM, hozelovr123 said:

Just got off the Discovery Princess. Seems like there are lots mor pools than Diamond. Does the Sanctuary offer a pool or hot tub? 
Going in January..

There is no pool in the Sanctuary itself but you have easy access to the Lotus Spa pool one deck below. 

On 12/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, Shelly97060 said:

There is no pool in the Sanctuary itself but you have easy access to the Lotus Spa pool one deck below. 

Is the Lotus spa pool complementary?  Also are the steam rooms complementary?