Port of Miami to Airport

Kapin777

Traveling on the Symphony of the Seas in December.  Looking for a recommendation for setting up post cruise transportation from the port to the Miami Airport.  Will be traveling with my wife and 4 kids (all under 10). 

Thanks all!

Are you going from the port of MIami?  I'd just get in the taxi line and tell them you need a large taxi for our family.

I wouldn't arrange any transportation in advance, because you won't know exactly what time you'll exit the port building.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kapin777 said:

Traveling on the Symphony of the Seas in December.  Looking for a recommendation for setting up post cruise transportation from the port to the Miami Airport.  Will be traveling with my wife and 4 kids (all under 10). 

Thanks all!

Rcl has shuttles but I had to ask my ta how to book. Or call uber or SAS. 

3 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

RCL transport will always cost more than needed.  It’s a easy and short trip.   I would not use RCL for that. 

I agree with this.  Also, RCL probably still uses huge buses for airport transfers.  You have to wait for the entire bus to fill before they leave.  That would be a major hassle with 4 young kids.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl has shuttles but I had to ask my ta how to book. Or call uber or SAS. 

On the SAS website - 

Sorry, we do not service the Miami International Airport, South Beach, Miami Beach

or Miami Airport Area Hotels

I originally looked into using SAS to Miami airport for our cruise in the Spring.  Will probably Uber/Lyft.

I recently used Uber from the port of Miami and it was super easy and efficient.  I ordered an Uber XL, which you will also need or possibly a premium with the four kids. The XL was $30, came within two minutes of the call and I was at the airport within 20 minutes of getting off the ship.  That's the only way I shuttle to and from the ship.  CTBob

• Like 1

If you want to wing it you can just get in line at the taxi stand. They have car taxis, minivan taxis, and Tahoe taxis with no difference in price, they all cost the same flat fee to go to the airport. Tell the dispatcher you want a Tahoe and he'll set you up. But with six people plus suitcases you'll probably need two taxis or Ubers - but still cheaper to pay a flat rate per vehicle compared to the shuttle bus which charges per passenger.

For a party of 6 I would definitely plan on using a Uber/Lyft. That’s probably the cheapest and quickest way. However, last month I found a driver looking to fill empty seats in his shuttle van. $10 got me a ride to the airport. 

On 11/29/2022 at 6:40 PM, Kapin777 said:

How old are the younger kids? FL state laws require children 5 and under to be in specialized Child Restraint devices, depending on the age.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/child-safety/safety-belts-child-restraints/

Your average cab or Uber will not be able to provide them, and not many shuttle companies provide them.