Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I was just browsing through the list of all you magnificent people who've been following along on my journey this week... At the end of the review I'm going to personally thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU... Thanks for putting up with my shenanigans...

Screenshot_20221206-171308.thumb.png.a0e4e76f4fa8da501d1992f36e5acb2c.png

Screenshot_20221206-171326.thumb.png.eac5bed60bdf4aad2d16e0f188397b75.png

Screenshot_20221206-171354.png

I totally love your shenanigans!

• Like 2

I was beginning to think that it wasn't going to be enough food there at Rudi's, but I'm STUFFED... Nearly to the point of food coma. It's only 7:30, but I'm going to try and make it till at least 9:30 tonight. 

I think we're in San Juan tomorrow, and it's supposed to be a late port day. Something like 10:30 - 7:30. That'll give me time to sleep, get ready, head out on the town, and not have to worry about rushing. St Maarten, on the other hand, I think we're only there from 7:30 till 3:30. That means I'll have to delete at least half the stuff I was planning on doing. Looks like I'll have to try and make it back there sometime, as I've heard that it's a beautiful island filled with great beaches and food...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, VictorWI said:

So what do they not have to “ask the chef” to order? By my count that was three apps, soup and a main? It all looks so good we may have to plan more than one night there!!

Whenever they tell me stuff like that, I just continue with my order and I've always gotten whatever it was I wanted...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

There's no way I could ever do a bartending type job. First, I'm not social enough, but mostly it seems like a very high pressure type deal. My hat is off to the ones who can handle it.

My Son is a Bar Manager/Tender at a Restaurant/Brewery and he loves it, and he's super good at it. It is Reno so his clientele are very laid back. He did a private party of 150 people from a Fraternity from UNR Saturday Night. He said he was a little anxious but he said they were huge tippers, and very cool and respectful. He moved up here from Las Vegas and said the change of clientele is 360 degrees.

• Like 7

Great review as always, Sid! I met Big Nikola on Mardi Gras last December. He is a great mixologist! I am a tequila lover as well. So do you just request something with tequila and let them work their magic? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TN Roz said:

Great review as always, Sid! I met Big Nikola on Mardi Gras last December. He is a great mixologist! I am a tequila lover as well. So do you just request something with tequila and let them work their magic? 

The first day on board I only had margaritas, but since then I just tell them to make something with tequila. Not sweet. I like spicy or smoky, but almost everything has been good... No idea what any of these drinks are. I've never even opened the Alchemy Bar menu...

• Like 8

22 hours ago, icft said:

When you post in a thread you automatically follow (but you can unfollow). Following gives you notifications on new posts in the thread and when you click on the notification takes you to the new posts (though you can also have it not notify you).

Look at the top to the right of the thread title. If you see a check mark next to "Follow" you are following. Click on that and you can adjust things like notifications.

Thanks for the information. I guess I'm not following. I don't have a check mark. I don't really need to get notifications. I just start reading where I left off the night before.

• Like 1

You know who I think that I just saw on board? Remember Cruise Life Rick, from the Royal Caribbean board? I could've sworn it was him, but I know he's not a Carnival guy... Anyhoo, I'm about to wrap things up for tonight and get ready for San Juan tomorrow... Goodnight Cruise Critic, and I'll see you all tomorrow... Thanks again for sticking it out this far...

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks for the information. I guess I'm not following. I don't have a check mark. I don't really need to get notifications. I just start reading where I left off the night before.

You can “follow” without notifications - it will give you that option - if you click “follow” you will push Sid’s # to 224. (I didn’t know about “following” until Sid suggested it in a Post on SaintGreg’s last cruise.) It doesn’t cost anything, fun thing to do, encourages the Author who takes all of us along with him on his cruise. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The first day on board I only had margaritas, but since then I just tell them to make something with tequila. Not sweet. I like spicy or smoky, but almost everything has been good... No idea what any of these drinks are. I've never even opened the Alchemy Bar menu...