How do you Royal Up when you have multiple cabins booked on the same reservation?

RCCL Fan

Booked another one recently for my family of 4.

Pricing for our usual JS was just over 9K

But I could book two OV's for a total of $2,700 for BOTH ROOMS.  Put two people in each room, loose a balcony and save 6K.

So we did it.  Our first time ever not in a balcony.

We're thinking when Royal Up hits we'll bid high and hope for a win.

But.... how does that work?   Will they make us bid on both rooms?  Or just one?

If we a royal up on one of our rooms but not the other are all 4 of us allowed to use the bigger room?

So many questions, so many loopholes....     hopefully you have so many ideas and hypotheses to share.   

🙂

I only know, that if you win a bid, you can't switch to a room for 4. And if both rooms should win bids, I think it is a longshot that they would be close together. Pretty much, it sounds like you should keep what you have booked. IMO ☺️Edit: I guess you could probably use the larger room for 4, if you actually won a bid. But you would still have to keep the other room. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

I understand that...  I'm not trying to give one back.

Lets say I bid $2,500 for an owners suite for one of the rooms and won. 

I get that my wife and daughter 1 get the upgrade  and me and daughter 2 are still in the OV.

What I'm asking is..... Is there any issue or rule with me and daughter 2 just sleeping in the owners suite every night and not using the OV.  

Is the cabin attendant going to say, sorry, you  two can't sleep in here?

4 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I understand that...  I'm not trying to give one back.

Lets say I bid $2,500 for an owners suite for one of the rooms and won. 

I get that my wife and daughter 1 get the upgrade  and me and daughter 2 are still in the OV.

What I'm asking is..... Is there any issue or rule with me and daughter 2 just sleeping in the owners suite every night and not using the OV.  

To get a bid accepted to go from a ov to a owners suite for $2500 would be rare unless it's a older ship with a short cruise. There is a thread for people who won. I'd bet very rare with ships full right now. Winning a balcony not usual ...  a owners suite very unusual. I'd assume people can sleep where they want .. worry  more about winning that bid lol. 

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

To get a bid accepted to go from a ov to a owners suite for $2500 would be rare unless it's a older ship with a short cruise. There is a thread for people who won. I'd bet very rare with ships full right now. Winning a balcony not usual ...  a owners suite very unusual. I'd assume people can sleep where they want .. worry  more about winning that bid lol. 

Just throwing out random numbers my friend.

But you would be surprised! you never know....

Check out my accepted  bid for an OS on Enchantment.  I believe it was a 6 night.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 12.57.36 AM.png

• Like 1

I often book my family of 4 into two cabins. If it’s not a kids sail free week, or sometimes even if it is, group rates for two cabins is cheaper. We had a balcony across the hall from an inside last week on Allure. In these cases, I don’t consider Royalup an option. When booking two cabins, we need them to be in close proximity. A successful royalup bid will most likely separate the two cabins considerably. 
The cabin attendants don’t care who sleeps where. If you do get lucky and score a suite with Royalup, all 4 can sleep there no problem. Just leave the other cabin unused. However, only 2 people would have access to any suite benefits associated with the new cabin. That wouldn’t work out well for my family. So again, royalup really isn’t an option for us when booked into separate cabins. 
Next month I have us all 4 booked into an inside 😳. It was a deal I just couldn’t resist. Royalup bids are in.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Is there any issue or rule with me and daughter 2 just sleeping in the owners suite every night and not using the OV.  

You can stuff and sleep as many people in your cabin as you want, just don’t bring the extra people into the SL or any other suite only venue/perk. 

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Just throwing out random numbers my friend.

But you would be surprised! you never know....

Check out my accepted  bid for an OS on Enchantment.  I believe it was a 6 night.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 12.57.36 AM.png

Rare to get the opportunity to go from OV to a full suite. Typically will find bids for balconies and possibly a JS

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 12:32 AM, firefly333 said:

Well I won the bid.... now what?   can all 4 of us go to our suite? hahaha 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had a similar scenario last year.  We had two balcony cabins.  One for husband and I and one for our kids (3 young adults).  We Royaled up to an Owner's Suite and one son ended up sleeping on the couch in the Owner's Suite.  No problem from our cabin steward in the Owner's Suite.  We did pre paid gratuities so we gave him and extra cash tip at the end to cover the extra person in the room (plus some extra for the great service).  We also left tips intact in the kid's room so even though the steward was only tidying up for two he got the tip for 3.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1