Placed in an Aurea room but given Bella experience?

oceantriumph

Hi! We booked a bella guarantee oceanview for our cruise. We saw that our cabin was assigned and we were given an Aurea Balcony instead. Our cruise docs say the updated room, but still say bella experience. Does anyone know if we will get the aurea experience since we are in an aurea room? Or will they somehow know that it is still bella despite the aurea room?

Any insight from someone who has had similar situation would be helpful

Edited by oceantriumph

• oceantriumph changed the title to Placed in an Aurea room but given Bella experience?

Our first MSC cruise we booked a Fantastica balcony and we were given a free upgrade to a Yacht Club balcony. We received all of the YC benefits even though our paperwork still said that our experience was Fantastica. 

I believe you will receive the Aurea benefits. MSC seems to do this in the hope that we will book the higher experience in the future.

When do you cruise? Please let us know if in fact you get all of the Aurea perks!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

I agree with others.  I have been off/on the board for 2 years and that is what I have seen in multiple cases.  They upgraded your room, but not your 'experience.'  You can always try and get the free room service breakfast the first day and see what happens.

As far as being upgraded to a YC, they have their own contained section of the ship so I'm willing to bet they just treat everyone the same because it is just easier that way versus keeping track of the 2 or 3 commoners.  With the rest of the ship, they are used to dividing up B/F/A.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I agree with others.  I have been off/on the board for 2 years and that is what I have seen in multiple cases.  They upgraded your room, but not your 'experience.'  You can always try and get the free room service breakfast the first day and see what happens.

Just look at your room card; if it says Bella that's your experience.  You will not be allowed anytime dining or other Aurea benefits.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mowogo said:

The rooms are not Aurea rooms.  They are rooms reserved for prebooking when you select the Aurea experience.  The aurea experience is an "add on" to the reservation, not an inherent benefit of the cabin.  

I don’t believe that is correct info 

Yes Aurea is an experience you book and pay for just as Bella and Fantastica are.

However, if you pay for Aurea you will not have a room in the same category as someone who pays for Bella or Fantastica. 
Aurea rooms are in a better location just as Fantastica rooms are in a better location than Bella. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowogo said:

The rooms are not Aurea rooms.  They are rooms reserved for prebooking when you select the Aurea experience.  The aurea experience is an "add on" to the reservation, not an inherent benefit of the cabin.  

Utter nonsense, where did you make that up from? Clearly you know little about MSC or the Experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I don’t believe that is correct info 

Yes Aurea is an experience you book and pay for just as Bella and Fantastica are.

However, if you pay for Aurea you will not have a room in the same category as someone who pays for Bella or Fantastica. 
Aurea rooms are in a better location just as Fantastica rooms are in a better location than Bella. 

Not true.  You can pay for a Bella experience but be assigned an Aurea (or Fantastica) "category" cabin.  It's a guarantee so you can be side by side someone who paid for the full Aurea she-bang.  

3 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Not true.  You can pay for a Bella experience but be assigned an Aurea (or Fantastica) "category" cabin.  It's a guarantee so you can be side by side someone who paid for the full Aurea she-bang.  

I wasn’t speaking about someone who is given a free upgrade. 
I was responding to Mowogo’s post. 

IF someone pays for an Aurea experience room their room will not be a room in the Bella category. It will be in a better location/category. 

On 12/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, oceantriumph said:

Hi! We booked a bella guarantee oceanview for our cruise. We saw that our cabin was assigned and we were given an Aurea Balcony instead. Our cruise docs say the updated room, but still say bella experience. Does anyone know if we will get the aurea experience since we are in an aurea room? Or will they somehow know that it is still bella despite the aurea room?

Any insight from someone who has had similar situation would be helpful

You booked a Guarantee Oceanview but were assigned a (Aurea) Balcony, you could have been assigned an Oceanview, getting a Balcony is great, but you do not get the Aurea experience. 

I believe they no longer have assigned Bella or Fantastica cabins. On the deck plans it just says Yacht Club and Aurea and nothing else. With Fantastica you have the benefit of being able to choose, while Bella-passengers will just be assigned what is left over. So with Fantastica you are now able to pay extra to select a cabin that used to belong to the Bella-experience (and get free room service).

For my MSC cruise I booked a Bella-balcony (on MSC Fantasia), but was assigned a Aurea (on MSC Opera). Only perk that gave me was €200 obc for the lesser ship, nothing else that was part of the Aurea experience.