Haven concierge

kenzie

10 hours ago, asmit4 said:

So we could get Mozzarella sticks delivered for free? 🤪

You can get them delivered for $5 though if your ship has an American Diner. They're quite good, just hope they're thoroughly cooked as I've bitten into half frozen, soggy, ewwwy mozzarella sticks. Not quite that bubbly gooey cheese sensation I was expecting! Thankfully we were at American Diner, not in our room so it wasn't a long wait for new, fresh, perfectly cooked sticks! 

Don't be thinking you'll get five. It's three to an order. It doesn't look it, but they are about twice the size of a normal mozzy stick! 

20220903_115004.thumb.jpg.3a793d02995e4eca3a4701488296f4f3.jpg

5 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Gotcha. So if the food is free on the ship we could potentially get it delivered to a Haven room for free also. (plus tips of course). 

That is absolutely a perk of the Haven. I'm one of the few (I think) that do not tip when ordering room service as I tip the butler at the end of the cruise. 

Here's a thread you may find helpful on the Haven. I know I did!! It will tell you all the ins and outs of the Haven, and if you think of a question, someone there will likely know the answer...or be great at starting an argument about the correct answer.

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, SeaShark said:

I don't think I've ever seen someone use "Haven" in what I'd consider a snobby way. However, if you read enough posts/threads on here you will quickly notice how many people just feel compelled to inject "Haven" into places where it doesn't need to be...almost as if they are posting for no other reason than to say "I'm in the Haven". For example, I've seen people post to ask a question about a shore excursion, but for whatever reason, they have to preface their shore excursion question with a "We're staying in the Haven, and while we're in Cozumel...".

I understand "haven" can be inserted at odd times but I also understand, coming from a 'blue collar" family that acquiring a Haven cabin is a mark of accomplishment for some. So for those who have reached the "Haven" milestone, Congrats!!!

On 12/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, asmit4 said:

Gotcha. So if the food is free on the ship we could potentially get it delivered to a Haven room for free also. (plus tips of course). 

Yeah. But many would order off the Haven menu so you would get steak and lobster (for free) versus a hamburger and fish stick from the MDR/buffet. We normally tip our butler at the end of the cruise for all services rendered during the cruise. And if you order your Starbucks double cappuccino from the Haven restaurant it is free versus sending your butler to Starbucks. 

17 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

I understand "haven" can be inserted at odd times but I also understand, coming from a 'blue collar" family that acquiring a Haven cabin is a mark of accomplishment for some. So for those who have reached the "Haven" milestone, Congrats!!!

I can't see the decision to spend one's money on a Haven cabin as either an "accomplishment" or a "milestone". It is really nothing more than a purchasing choice. When I board a plane, I don't see people offering those who choose to purchase a first-class ticket for their "accomplishment" or "milestone".

However, I do agree that it takes a bit of tackiness to flaunt that purchase by continually calling attention to it.

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

I can't see the decision to spend one's money on a Haven cabin as either an "accomplishment" or a "milestone". It is really nothing more than a purchasing choice. When I board a plane, I don't see people offering those who choose to purchase a first-class ticket for their "accomplishment" or "milestone".

However, I do agree that it takes a bit of tackiness to flaunt that purchase by continually calling attention to it.

I've noticed some people say things like 'there was a line at Osheehan's but when they realized we were Haven they got us a table right away'. How do they know you are Haven? Do they ask for your room number or something? I don't want to be THAT person calling attention to myself. It just feels elitist to me and is not something I would feel comfortable doing. 

1 minute ago, asmit4 said:

I've noticed some people say things like 'there was a line at Osheehan's but when they realized we were Haven they got us a table right away'. How do they know you are Haven? Do they ask for your room number or something? I don't want to be THAT person calling attention to myself. It just feels elitist to me and is not something I would feel comfortable doing. 

When you approach the desk at O'Sheehan's to request a table you have to present/scan your keycard. This would indicate to the staff that you are a Haven guest. Nothing needs to be stated, and nobody would be calling attention to themselves.

This is totally different than, for example, a person asking a question about NCLH Shareholder OBC while pointing out that they are booked in a Haven cabin...as though that would skew the response.

2 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

Booked on the 7th too and haven't received an email yet. They seem to be running late for this cruise

They did not contact me - I emailed them - Norwegian Concierge Desk email is  norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com