Haven concierge

kenzie

Congratulations on booking the Haven. I am sure you will love it. If you book inside 130 days out, you may not be contacted by the concierge desk, however, you can contact them and that works just as well. You can send an email to the address suggested by @FLcruisergrl, or you can call 1-855-625-4283 and talk to the pre-cruise concierge desk.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

We sailed in the Haven in mid-April, after booking in mid-February. The pre-cruise concierge contacted us in mid-March. We had a scheduled August trip which we booked in June. The pre-cruise concierge contacted us in mid-July. Then, we decided to cancel that August sailing for a longer September sailing. We canceled in mid-August, with about three weeks to go before the Sept. 3rd sailing. Pre-cruise concierge emailed us the next day to set us up (we ignored the email as they didn't seem particularly helpful with our requests from prior communications). 

We currently have a March sailing booked. The pre-cruise concierge contacted us about three weeks ago to set us up, so regardless of booking date, they have always contacted us. I just simply ignore them now, but you might receive helpful information from them. 

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

We currently have a March sailing booked. The pre-cruise concierge contacted us about three weeks ago to set us up, so regardless of booking date, they have always contacted us. I just simply ignore them now, but you might receive helpful information from them. 

Have a great cruise!

We've always had a great experience with the pre-cruise Haven Concierge.  Always helpful even suggesting things we did even know about.  All requests were in place when we boarded.  Give them a try.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tasha999 said:

We are also sailing Escape Haven Jan 14-21.  Have not received anything as of yet,

As others have said you can email them, just be sure to include your booking number. I've contacted them twice, first time it was 4 days before they got back to me, second time was 3 days.

We are 34 days out and we just got our luggage tags and letter yesterday

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kenzie said:

Still heard nothing, I sent an email Monday-Guess they must be busy?

Send another one. That's what we had to do in order to get a response that what we were asking for couldn't be accommodated pre-cruise. This is why I don't use them at all. I can make my own dining reservations, thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Send another one. That's what we had to do in order to get a response that what we were asking for couldn't be accommodated pre-cruise. This is why I don't use them at all. I can make my own dining reservations, thanks! 

Perhaps but the pre-cruise concierge have access to far more reservations that are available on line.

They have given me reservations that were not available online.

You're going to do far better calling than sending emails.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Perhaps but the pre-cruise concierge have access to far more reservations that are available on line.

They have given me reservations that were not available online.

You're going to do far better calling than sending emails.

I have heard this, and I do believe it, but I've never, ever had any trouble finding a table.

Granted, I've only ever tried to reserve for two. Perhaps it's harder when looking for four, six, or eight people. Three of the four cruises (including April Easter break craziness) were booked less less than/about two months out. We do eat early - 5:30'ish, so that could be a factor as well. 

We've just found it far easier to book sea days, for two people online, rather than sending an email to the pre-cruise concierge. 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:46 PM, kenzie said:

We are booked in Haven on the Escape in January, how long before our cruise will they contact us for requests. 

I have always found the pre-cruise concierge totally useless. They are a glorified call center that can not do anything you can't do yourself. If fact, if you wait until you get your concierge letter, it is far too late to make any reservations. 

I don't need "help" selecting between regular or decaf coffee when both are provided every day by my butler. Once onboard, after inspecting my pillow, I will talk to my room steward on getting something different, if and only if, needed. 

I high recommend that you use the first few hours onboard the ship to establish a rapport with your concierge team and your butler. And not some faceless off shore call center person picking up the concierge line. 

The onboard concierge team (not the daft pre-concierge) has the ability to oversell a restaurant or show and get you a reservation when it shows "sold out". But,,, once a restaurant is fully oversold, even the concierge can't get you a seat, so making all of your reservations as soon as you embark is highly recommended. 

wrt to luggage tags, just print them out from your edocs 21 days prior to departure. The "Haven Tags" don't help getting your bags through screening or get them to your stateroom any quicker. The dock workers could care less. The screeners could care less. And once on the ship, they are just another bag to move up the elevators. 

Concierge letter you are waiting for.... really, really lame. 

image.thumb.png.65e9af4ec1c10a26a3f6c20ca632b51c.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I have always found the pre-cruise concierge totally useless. They are a glorified call center that can not do anything you can't do yourself. If fact, if you wait until you get your concierge letter, it is far too late to make any reservations. 

I don't need "help" selecting between regular or decaf coffee when both are provided every day by my butler. Once onboard, after inspecting my pillow, I will talk to my room steward on getting something different, if and only if, needed. 

I high recommend that you use the first few hours onboard the ship to establish a rapport with your concierge team and your butler. And not some faceless off shore call center person picking up the concierge line. 

The onboard concierge team (not the daft pre-concierge) has the ability to oversell a restaurant or show and get you a reservation when it shows "sold out". But,,, once a restaurant is fully oversold, even the concierge can't get you a seat, so making all of your reservations as soon as you embark is highly recommended. 

wrt to luggage tags, just print them out from your edocs 21 days prior to departure. The "Haven Tags" don't help getting your bags through screening or get them to your stateroom any quicker. The dock workers could care less. The screeners could care less. And once on the ship, they are just another bag to move up the elevators. 

Concierge letter you are waiting for.... really, really lame. 

image.thumb.png.65e9af4ec1c10a26a3f6c20ca632b51c.png

I'll be curious to see what happens on our cruise. Our first time in the Haven we did not ask for anything. This time around I sent an email and ask for certain pillows, and almond milk for my wife in the fridge. I'll be happily surprised if everything is correct. They did respond with an email saying everything would be taken care of.

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'll be curious to see what happens on our cruise. Our first time in the Haven we did not ask for anything. This time around I sent an email and ask for certain pillows, and almond milk for my wife in the fridge. I'll be happily surprised if everything is correct. They did respond with an email saying everything would be taken care of.

fwiw, I feel that it is important to get to know your butler and let them help you versus a note in your reservation. 

We always create 1/4 sheet note paper for every cruise to leave messages to our room steward and butler. When we meet our butler, we hand them the note and ask about anything else they recommend. We do it in writing, so nothing is misunderstood. 

image.png.fed2428854db848f54cf42455005c312.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

fwiw, I feel that it is important to get to know your butler and let them help you versus a note in your reservation. 

We always create 1/4 sheet note paper for every cruise to leave messages to our room steward and butler. When we meet our butler, we hand them the note and ask about anything else they recommend. We do it in writing, so nothing is misunderstood. 

I took your suggestion and made a half dozen. Great idea!

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Ever wonder why we say "Haven concierge" instead of just saying "concierge"? It isn't like we need to use "Haven" to differentiate between one concierge over another.

Good point. Now you've made me interested in how I've used the terms. I know recently I've referred to "pre-cruise concierge" and "onboard concierge." Certainly a distinction to make. I bet I have said "Haven Concierge" in the past, but will be cognizant of this in the future. Thanks! It's really hard to not sound all snobby when discussing the Haven, but at least this will make it a little less so...by a tiny margin. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Good point. Now you've made me interested in how I've used the terms. I know recently I've referred to "pre-cruise concierge" and "onboard concierge." Certainly a distinction to make. I bet I have said "Haven Concierge" in the past, but will be cognizant of this in the future. Thanks! It's really hard to not sound all snobby when discussing the Haven, but at least this will make it a little less so...by a tiny margin. 

I don't think I've ever seen someone use "Haven" in what I'd consider a snobby way. However, if you read enough posts/threads on here you will quickly notice how many people just feel compelled to inject "Haven" into places where it doesn't need to be...almost as if they are posting for no other reason than to say "I'm in the Haven". For example, I've seen people post to ask a question about a shore excursion, but for whatever reason, they have to preface their shore excursion question with a "We're staying in the Haven, and while we're in Cozumel...".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Now why would  you be calling the 'off shore call center' after you'v boarded the ship?

BTW, I've always found the pre-boarding concierge operators to be most professional, often offering suggestions, and they can make reservations when the online boarding systems shows that a particular time/restaurant is booked up.  It makes more sense to me to call the pre-cruise concierge and get your reseravations squared away well before boarding.  If you wait until boarding, there may not be anything anyone can do for you.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Odd question- but do these items have a charge to them? Or do they provide them for free to you? 

7 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Ever wonder why we say "Haven concierge" instead of just saying "concierge"? It isn't like we need to use "Haven" to differentiate between one concierge over another.

On ships like the Joy, there is a Haven Concierge and staff (2 assistant concierge) and a different Suites Concierge. I did not check to see how it worked on the Prima. 

35 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Odd question- but do these items have a charge to them? Or do they provide them for free to you? 

On the sample note, all of those things are complimentary.

Some afternoon snacks from our August cruise (the bar mix, M&Ms and Gummy Bears that are left over daily end up in a zip lock for snacking on shore excursions - and are refilled daily).  

image.png.cc82585d0b97aa61618c309690fc6928.png

image.png.41353bf52d1c540532cbe4d6a31bc469.png

image.png.87b441bc13afa1d4f58f3179344571fd.png

image.png.0ea44b291764cf76e60396e261fa6cc6.png

image.png.1fbcd636cc0122b72094fd1b47ed7906.png

Everything from the Haven or MDR/Local is also complimentary - steak & eggs served on a white tablecloth in your stateroom. 

image.png.b824479d45669a92139b732ba849b91e.png

image.png.299bdcb789367cc099d1d9ea52510d77.png

• Like 1