Preferred cruise line

Honolulu Blue

Preferred cruise line  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preferred cruise line?

• Yes - I refuse to book on another cruise line
    • Yes, but I will consider booking elsewhere under the right conditions
    • No, other factors are more important to me

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2022 at 05:17 PM

I have a preferred cruise line, but I don't particularly think it's better than all the others of its class; rather, sticking to this one line is a financial choice:  

- If we stick to one line, we will build up "points" and will earn rewards; whereas, if we cruise with a smattering of cruise lines, we will never "get anywhere" with any of their rewards systems.  

- We purchased stock so we can get OBC for our cruises.  Even if every cruise line offered the same deal, we can't necessarily run around buying stock for all the cruise lines.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been with 4 different lines and prefer Royal Caribbean even though we are Platinum on Carnival.  I will say that the best entertainment that we have had was on Norwegian.  At present we have a trip booked on RC and CCL.  Just waiting for a go at Celebrity.  We had a Southern Caribe booked with them and Covid shot it down in 2020.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Probably not very likely, we have nothing to eradicate the virus, but society will adapt to it being present.

I would change that to society is already adapting to it being present. Plus new variants seem to be much less lethal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I would change that to society is already adapting to it being present. Plus new variants seem to be much less lethal.

My father who was an adult in 1918 never said one word about the Pandemic in that time period that lasted approximately 18 months.

I do not foresee a time when we will not be talking about Covid.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father who was an adult in 1918 never said one word about the Pandemic in that time period that lasted approximately 18 months.

I do not foresee a time when we will not be talking about Covid.

Means of mass communication have progressed way beyond where they were in 1918.

How many message boards was your father on in 1918? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I do not know.He left Liverpool for NY in 1913.I could just imagine if he left a year earlier on the Titanic .Had that been the case it is quite possible that I would never post on a message board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not know.He left Liverpool for NY in 1913.I could just imagine if he left a year earlier on the Titanic .Had that been the case it is quite possible that I would never post on a message board.

You don't know how many message boards your father was on in 1913??  I never met the man but I can confidentially say that it was the same number of cell phone calls he made in 1913.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

You don't know how many message boards your father was on in 1913??  I never met the man but I can confidentially say that it was the same number of cell phone calls he made in 1913.

You assume you never met him but one has no idea who one meets .

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Clearly he meant it was not discussed between his father, him, the family, etc.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

And if you had never posted on these message boards no one would have missed you as you would not have been on previously. It would not be a rkaCruiser situation.

4 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

So far.  We have been lucky.  Our luck on this could change at any time.

DON

However, the normal progression is for the virus to become less lethal while more communicable. That follows Darwin's Law of Survival of the Fittest. You do not survive by killing off all of your hosts.

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And if you had never posted on these message boards no one would have missed you as you would not have been on previously. It would not be a rkaCruiser situation.

In Feb.2020,I was offline for three weeks.A CC regular started a thread asking where I was.Another CC regular started a similiar thread .

I was not on line because I underwent surgery and had a negative result from the procedure.Re rka ,he and I became e-mail friends.I am very worried about him 

I currently e-mail with 12 people who post on CC.If by some chance I was off line for weeks I would be sure to have someone post on CC the reason why.

• Like 2