MDR Lunch Koningsdam

san diego spartan

1 hour ago, ScottishMaid said:

We will be boarding on Saturday and have an assigned check in time of 12:10  group C.

Do you know when the MDR closes for embarkation lunch? 

Also do you know if 5 star Mariners can go to the head of the check in line?

And lastly we had an email saying to fill in Verifly. Was anyone checking this?

I realize that the ship is likely not full this week whereas it is next week. 

Thanks!

It has been reported by someone that works at the port that 4 and 5 star can show up any time.  I would join the line though and not go to the front 😉.  Verifly has not been used for over a month.  This has also been confirmed by those at the port.  I filled mine out for my koningsdam cruise on November 12 and it was for nothing.  I just mention it’s verified so you don’t think I’m pulling this out of nowhere.  Hal seems to have misplaced the button to turn these notifications off.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Go when you want!  This happened to a friend in FtL, they didn't even look at the Check-in time. We haven't seen anyone but disabled (and probably Pres Club) allowed to skip the actual line.

Lunch is usually noon to 1 pm. Show up by maybe 10 to 1 and you will be fine.

Verifly is not used now, apparently.

Have a super cruise!!!

Thanks. I've been reading recent threads on the Koningsdam (Thanksgiving etc.) in San Diego where they are saying people are being lined up by boarding time outside the dock gate. I have boarded at San Diego many times and never encountered this.

2 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

Thanks. I've been reading recent threads on the Koningsdam (Thanksgiving etc.) in San Diego where they are saying people are being lined up by boarding time outside the dock gate. I have boarded at San Diego many times and never encountered this.

My boarding time was at 11:30 but the lines were there.  I was on the ship for 2 weeks.  I did get off the ship on the 19th but only to do the facial recognition turn around.  I didn't leave because I didn't want to deal with the chaos.  Back in November 2021 I had a boarding time of 1 something.  I don't think you could go at anytime being 4 star and above at that time and I was in one of those lines so they do exist 

• Like 1

The MDR closed at 1pm. You should be fine as it was quick and orderly getting on.  They did check to make sure we were in group B when boarding.  

I got that same email re Verifly but others were correct.  It is no longer being used in San Diego.  A women behind me asked one of the HAL people who confirmed it was not in use. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

The MDR closed at 1pm. You should be fine as it was quick and orderly getting on.  They did check to make sure we were in group B when boarding.  

I got that same email re Verifly but others were correct.  It is no longer being used in San Diego.  A women behind me asked one of the HAL people who confirmed it was not in use. 

I asked about it too since I wasted time doing it.  Same reply.  Hal needs to get it together.

There has been a huge change at the port of San Diego in the past 3 weeks.

Facial recognition is now used for disembarkation......long overdue!

Yesterday, everyone had exited the ship and been cleared by CBP by 9:35 am.

That allows the embarking groups to begin entering at 10 am.....not 11 or 11:30 am.

Groups A thru D were onboard by noon and open boarding was sometime just a bit later.

Improvements have been made, those of us who work there are pleased for the changes.

The only downside is that disembarkation colors and numbers are called earlier than you expect.

David

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAllenTCY said:

That allows the embarking groups to begin entering at 10 am.....not 11 or 11:30 am.

Groups A thru D were onboard by noon and open boarding was sometime just a bit later.

Improvements have been made, those of us who work there are pleased for the changes.

The only downside is that disembarkation colors and numbers are called earlier than you expect.

David

It was very efficient on November 26.  I was in the last group to be called off. My flight wasn’t until after one so I was in no hurry.  If I recall correctly I left the ship at 9.

I wonder if you can mention the passenger loads going forward for any ones you know. I’m interested in hearing if the ship will be as crazy as it was for thanksgiving although I know it’s pretty early for that now.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, DAllenTCY said:

David

Thanks for the great information. We board next Saturday the 17th and will be taking our own cars to parking. Will it work to drive into the port to drop off the luggage then get the cars parked and return by shuttle or Uber? If so about what time would we be able to drive in? Or should we have a better plan?

Out of the 2917 passengers do you know how many will be children? We will have a restless 5 year old with our group.

Thanks again.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, san diego spartan said:

Board the beautiful Koningsdam today and lunch in the MDR was available! Delicious.   Cobb salad with grilled salmon, a starter of spicy Roasted cauliflower and a yummy chocolate tart.  Excellent with a glass of white wine.  Great start to the cruise! Relaxed and not hectic.   Did walk through the craziness of the Lido buffet which confirmed my choice. 

Also as an aside easy and quick check in and boarding at San Diego port! Arrived at 11:30 am and was on board at 11:50am and in the cabin before noon.

Beautiful day and hopefully start to fantastic cruise!

Was you check in time 11:30? Or ? My assigned one is 1:30!! I have never boarded a ship that late in the day but I read here on CC that the SD port is being very strict re only letting you check in at your assigned time. I board the K-Dam on 12/22. Thanks for any info!!

20 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

David

David...so if I am assigned a 1:30 time for 12/22 in Group G I should still show up at 1:30? Never boarded that late!!! 🙂

8 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

David...so if I am assigned a 1:30 time for 12/22 in Group G I should still show up at 1:30? Never boarded that late!!! 🙂

You can show up whenever.  But you may have to wait for hours.  It's been saus san diego is strict and that has been my experience. If you are a 4 or 5 star you can board whenever.

We're told.the last off on Saturday is expected to be 9:15am....so hopefully that means a quick turn around and start the boarding on time.

Like I said no one checked our boarding time or.group to get into the terminal and check in...but to get in the line to board they did check out time and group.  But we were on time basically. Arrived 20 mins before assigned boarding time and boarded right before.  

They did not say anything about a bottle of carry on wine.  Also heard a guy bought a case of tequila in Mazatlan and brought on without any problems 

2 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

Could be something more serious than you understand.    My wife cannot eat reliably after about 14:00.  Otherwise things happen that I care not to mention.

Agree.. That I do not understand, and don't care to, thank you.

There are 5 restaurants withing 800 feet of the terminal entrance:

Hazelwoods, Carnitas, Ketch, Claim Jumper, and The Brigantine!

Ruth Chris is only open for dinner.

A - 11:30AM        291
B - 11:50AM        283
C - 12:10PM        271
D - 12:30PM        272
E - 12:50PM        247
F - 01:10PM        255
G - 01:30PM        261
H - 01:50PM        253
 I - 02:10PM        255
J - 02:30PM        480

It will take time to board 2,868 guests tomorrow.

Have your Boarding Pass and Passports in your hand when you arrive.  This will help the process.

Everyone must be checked in and physically present by 3:30 pm.

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DAllenTCY said:

There are 5 restaurants withing 800 feet of the terminal entrance:

Hazelwoods, Carnitas, Ketch, Claim Jumper, and The Brigantine!

Ruth Chris is only open for dinner.

A - 11:30AM        291
B - 11:50AM        283
C - 12:10PM        271
D - 12:30PM        272
E - 12:50PM        247
F - 01:10PM        255
G - 01:30PM        261
H - 01:50PM        253
 I - 02:10PM        255
J - 02:30PM        480

It will take time to board 2,868 guests tomorrow.

Have your Boarding Pass and Passports in your hand when you arrive.  This will help the process.

Everyone must be checked in and physically present by 3:30 pm.

David

thanks David very much.  I always have my documents ready but have seen others digging so a good reminder to have them ready.

Hopefully people don’t jump their times and cause back logs 🤞 

On 12/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, san diego spartan said:

??

Open today 11:30 am to 8pm and then 10:30pm to 11:30pm per the program.  Plenty of other dining options too.  Plus 24 hour room service

There are other dining options, if you want to eat a burger or pizza. Not what we had in mind. LIDO closes wayyyy to early for all 3 meals.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, pamps2801 said:

Lido buffet closes WAYYYY to early for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the koningsdam

We’re now on Princess. The buffet breakfast shuts down at 11:30am…. Lunch goes till 3:30…. Dinner goes till 10:00pm. Get with It Holland America !!