Celebrity not changing to local time

81Zoomie

I really don't understand the rationale for staying on ship's time.  I agree it's more confusing than not with most everyone's devices automatically updating to local time and sometimes not until you get off the ship.  I've only had it happen once in one port but no reason was given.

• Like 1

We are doing the Mexican Riviera cruise in March and see the different time changes. Then when we arrive home in LA on the 11th time change is that night in the US so we lose an hour again! Then four days later we’re flying to Florida to get on an edge cruise or we will lose more hours flying there and don’t even know how many in the Caribbean!! I’m just going to be ready for the fact that I will be completely confused about what time it is.

Plus for some reason my system does not acclimate to time change very easily.

One of two messages has to be communicated:

1a) Please move your clocks back one hour and 1b) Please move your clocks forward one hour.

Or

2) Remember that ship's time is one hour ahead of local time.

I'll take option two to avoid the sleep disruption.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, 81Zoomie said:

This is this first time in over 40 years of cruising I can remember a cruise line not changing to local time.  We are in Belize tomorrow,  Belize is on  Central US time.  

Sort of. Belize doesn't switch for Daylight Savings Time.

If a tour operator is not aware of when the ship shows up and departs, I would pick a different operator. They can get the times from the port authority.

I still recall the good old days when a transatlantic I was on adjusted clocks 15 minutes every 4 hours. I don't miss those days.